Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we look at German football a bit through rose-tints. It's now a one-horse race and totally uncompetitive.
The league itself is viewed in that manner because of the attacking, fast-paced, end-to-end football that it produces. The league may be dominated by Bayern Munich at the moment, but that is purely because of their (fair) financial wealth. They haven't been injected with money like Spain's top two, Man City, Chelsea etc - they're the best because they have earned it.

You need to sort him out! I refuse to sing the "We're by far the greatest team" chant EVER, because of Woolwich's obsession with it.
He can't be a massive fan...
Well he says that, but I can't believe him if he would do such a thing. Chelsea have had some good chants in the past but I would never want to sing one of them aloud! It makes my fucking skin crawl

Some of the smart ass shit on page 3 of this thread has a reason to whats wrong with modern football.
Get alot of it at the lane nowadays too. Not enough joy in the game, have a pint, a song, a laugh. All you get is to much over analysing, one fucker trying to out smart another fucker with i told you so's.

article-2254576-16AE7760000005DC-560_634x441.jpg

#littlehitlerstewards
Zig Hile…..This is how Nazi Germany started?

It fucks me off every time I see it, people employed by a club to wave giant flags when they score
arsbar_025.jpg
chelsea-face-benfica-in-champions-league-quar-L-GzUdKM.jpeg

It just stinks of not being to get the type of fans you want in. Also hate when clubs play music when the home team scores, but you can't take a photo of that
:freund:

The league itself is viewed in that manner because of the attacking, fast-paced, end-to-end football that it produces. The league may be dominated by Bayern Munich at the moment, but that is purely because of their (fair) financial wealth. They haven't been injected with money like Spain's top two, Man City, Chelsea etc - they're the best because they have earned it.
thats why i never saw man u as buying the league. they generated their own cash

Spot on Jim. Every league is going to have it's better and worse teams, but there is a huge difference between earning it and being handed it on a plate.

It's laughable when City fans say they deserve their success as they waited long enough. No no. Quite the opposite. If you're shit, you're shit for a reason, whether it be bad ownership, poor managerial appointments, unsuccessful signings, shit business decisions. No one deserves success by way of billionaire buyout. It's bad for the club, the league, and football in general. The fact that Sheikh Blah Blah and Roman Abracadabravich are willing to jeapordise their clubs long-term future with such bad financial mismanagement for short term gain shows how much their really care about their clubs.

5816151_450_450_2_0_fit_6_f0195b13599f81302ad237e27fae899c.jpg

It's the rivalry, players from both sides give it. I don't really begrudge Walcott for doing it, but don't think he should have done so when being wheeled away on a stretcher...

The stretch suits him, but a wheel barrow would have been better....Anyone any good at photoshop here???

Back
Top Bottom