Modern Football is Broken - Picture Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, but if Bayern dominate so much, the league is in serious danger of losing sponsorship and TV revenue. Even Bayern are concerned about lack of competition that could actually undermine the great advances that the Bundesliga has made. A one team league is no good for anyone.

I followed the Bundesliga for the last 2 years but earlier this month decided to knock it on the head because this season Bayern are just steam rollering everyone. They are/were already 7 points clear with a game in hand because they were at FIFA WCC.

A league that is this uncompetitive is not attractive - they need to think long and hard about the knock-on effects of this.

I followed the Bundesliga for the last 2 years but earlier this month decided to knock it on the head because this season Bayern are just steam rollering everyone. They are/were already 7 points clear with a game in hand because they were at FIFA WCC.

A league that is this uncompetitive is not attractive - they need to think long and hard about the knock-on effects of this.
But how do you stop it? They have a fair method for distributing TV money, albeit this is a lot less than other top European leagues. Bayern Munich are simply the biggest club and largest brand globally, therefore with the current financial restrictions in place (not being allowed to overspend), they will have the biggest budget, and therefore if spent wisely, they will be the top team. It is up to the other clubs to bring through young players and find bargains in the market, as BVB, Monchengladbach, Leverkusen, Schalke have done over the last few years.

The alternative is to allow anyone to buy a club, spend what they want with no consequences, and leave the club high and dry when they've had enough. This can also lead to one-sided leagues, increasing the gap between not only the top and bottom teams in that league, but also increasing the gap to the lower leagues. This is far worse than the Bundesliga situation, I think.

Bayern Munich or not - the league is still far more interesting and the brand and level of football is much better than that of Serie A, Ligue 1, and in my opinion La Liga.

But how do you stop it? They have a fair method for distributing TV money, albeit this is a lot less than other top European leagues.

I've not even thought about how you could begin to stop it. At the moment it just seems like a runaway train but everything (apparently) above board (as opposed to TV distribution in La Liga).

WALCOTT-GIBBS-PATTY-CAKE.gif

I think this sums it up for me... It's EXACTLY where modern 'tourist' football support is heading!
Has anyone dared to make (and has anyone ever seen) a Spurs/Woolwich one?

I've found the next best examples;
article_2a23c1050642399e_1382874429_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

2wee3xj.png

utter, utter wankers! ...and I don't care if they're tourists... pick a side and stick to it ffs!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong about that, as long as it isn't used to accuse individuals.

Huh? The fact that it does not accuse individuals but generalise and put a whole people/religion in the same box is excactly the problem. You don't think Nazi (and neo-nazi) portrayals of Jewish people as big-nosed, greedy, immoral and conspiring is wrong?

Huh? The fact that it does not accuse individuals but generalise and put a whole people/religion in the same box is excactly the problem. You don't think Nazi (and neo-nazi) portrayals of Jewish people as big-nosed, greedy, immoral and conspiring is wrong?

Something being wrong is a whole different thing from it being fineable. I think people should be grateful and polite, I can't fine them or press charges because they aren't. That's how it should be.

I think portraying Arabic sheiks as destroying football is not to be compared with nazis persecution of jewish people, and that's from a moral standpoint.

To be honest, they could as well have done it without being an arab sheik. They could have gone with a white man with a moneybag instead, or a woman, or a Thai,, or a Russian... You see my point?
Whatever they could have chosen would have been stereotypic in some way.

Is a 8.6% allocation for an FA Cup tie in one of the most modern stadiums in the country evidence enough for the state of modern football?

Still fuming I never even had a chance of a ticket for this weekend.

I was in a London pub on Saturday night and a bunch of lads started doin that chant and filming it on their phones. Only one of them was a city fan.
My mate is a 'big United fan'and likes starting it in nightclubs etc. What the fuck is he doing? I would never start a Chelsea/Woolwich chant unless it was taking the piss

Back
Top Bottom