Mighty Spurs Vs South London Nomads @ The Library

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think playing at Wembley this season will benefit us when we go to the Emirates.

Big, bowl shaped stadium, difficult to generate atmosphere and can be eerily silent at times. Also a biggish pitch and a team who are very vulnerable to counter attacks.

Honestly haven't ever felt this confident going into an away game with this lot. We've been the better side there in the last few visits and haven't been able to get over the line, this time I don't think we'll have a problem.

They do have a bit about them going forward but we have to stay solid and expose them greatly at the back. Not just because it is Woolwich, it is the same mentality as against Liverpool. We need to start getting three points away from home against top six teams for our own improvement.

I agree. Best way to approach it for us (the team)... 'Side-step' the emotion & derby-isms. Expect them to be at their best and respect it as simply being another important incremental step in our journey (i.e. This season*).... (Also see RM at home as a startling progression of the away game).

(*)Tbh. I think 'The Wembley Season' is teaching us a lot about ourselves (Poch and players; even some fans)... We're learning about pragmatism & adaptability (Wembley, yes but also see our maturing tactical/formation flexibility).

They'on a journey together; exploring new things.... As inconvenient as it seems now; i feel it will be a massive help to us when its time to acclimatise to NuWHL in the longrun.

None of this is to suggest that we wont experience blips (individual or collective; this season or next), but again it feels like a rather different team to last year... It's becoming more organic (Individual brilliance aside; the players are more interchangeable) and (thanks to the more measured approach to pressing) calmer/less emotive.... The holistic view of the football side of the team is fascinating right now; its why i'm so excited to read this Poch book.

Last edited:
Over confidence against this lot is never a good thing, and they’re on a decent run at home. However, as long as Poch has the players focused and motivated, then there is no reason why we can’t win this. I think the 2 weeks will do us a big favour whilst, for them, it’s a long time to worry. We’ve been hunting these cunts down for several years now, but this is the time to start the slaughter with no mercy and being utterly relentless. COYS.

If we had our choice starting XI it would be 0-4.

But with our injury concerns...0-2. Kane (41’) and Dele (54’).

Fucking smash ‘em.

Hopefully we’ll have rested some tired legs. Kane, Alli, Slick Vic, Lamela, Winksy, Toby and Dembele should hopefully be fresh for return.

Really looking forward to this as it could create a 7pt gap with them and start or chase of City.

They did a half arsed press against City today which they got horribly wrong, primarily because they don't have the right players for it or the right belief or the right fitness. I think they intend to do the same against us. Thing is we're pretty good at dealing with teams who can actually do it properly and I think we will totally murder Woolwich if they try it against us. As long as we have a few players back I think we will destroy Woolwich in this game. I'm basically100% sure we're going to take all three points here. When I was a kid I was 100% sure they were going to beat us and they always did, but things are just so different nowadays.

Form book goes out the window for this one. We have to be 110% up for it in every department. No passengers at all.

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen -
- Trippier Winks Dier Rose -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -​

No doubt they'll bring their A game since it's a derby and have scores to settle against us.

Looking at the importance of good result from either side, I'd say not losing to them is more important than beating them. If it's too risky to win, then we should settle for a draw.

Form book goes out the window for this one. We have to be 110% up for it in every department. No passengers at all.

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen -
- Trippier Winks Dier Rose -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -​

Davies still starts over rose for me, he looked a long way of match fitness yesterday, hopefully he will get some game time in the friendlies for England, but on current form it's Davies all day!
Never thought I would say that a few years back! :pochlol:

Davies still starts over rose for me, he looked a long way of match fitness yesterday, hopefully he will get some game time in the friendlies for England, but on current form it's Davies all day!
Never thought I would say that a few years back! :pochlol:
Thought rose was one of our better players yesterday, looked dangerous every time he had the ball, but agree davies deserves to start this one he's been terrific this season.

Thought rose was one of our better players yesterday, looked dangerous every time he had the ball, but agree davies deserves to start this one he's been terrific this season.

I think it's up to Rose to show he is our 1st choice, as he won't dislodge Davies on merit alone as he has been superb just late, hopefully Rose will get some game time for EnglAnd as well as he looks like he could do with some more minutes to get match fit, and if he gets back to being the player of old it will be a great problem to have for Poch!

Back
Top Bottom