Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another decent test.
Played well when we played well.
Played crap when we played crap.
It’s only the second game since May. No need to be worried.

But for some reason I now fancy requesting Uber to go and get me some Heineken! Weird!

Wimmer at fault for 2 goals. Not what u want when trying to prove a point.

I refuse to acknowledge that as a loss though. Ref totally fucked the game with two (possibly 3 if Wimmer was pushed) huge decision.

If ever there were an advert for VAR today was it. Both penalty decisions wrong and that "winning" goal.

Some sloppy play, some bad bounces, some wrong decision at key moments. That shit can happen, and tonight it did. But some of our play was excellent.
Likes: Winks. Deep passes into the channels/halfspaces. Janssen's instincts. Georgiou. GKN putting some stuff together. Ben Davies running his flank.
Dislikes: Sloppy passing. Kane/Dele choosing hard shots over easier passes. Guys deciding to go outside to the byeline for a cross instead of a cutback to a guy in space.

I want to love Onomah, but I feel he gets too easily bullied once he gets into dangrous areas of the pitch. I think Wimmer isn't hitting the level required, though the second goal was Toby's fault, I felt. CCV needs minutes, but I like the way he fights, and I feel better seeing him on the pitch than Wimmer right now.

great game and yet another welcoming break from the boring cunt-off in the transfer thread. really enjoyed seeing the italians rolling around half dead lol muppets!

a few decent performances not to mention janssen scoring which will do his confidence the world of good. that lad on the wing looked good, as did n'koudou (although to be fair he did look like he was going to fall over every time he got the ball lol)

harry winks in the team is great to see.

Some sloppy play, some bad bounces, some wrong decision at key moments. That shit can happen, and tonight it did. But some of our play was excellent.
Likes: Winks. Deep passes into the channels/halfspaces. Janssen's instincts. Georgiou. GKN putting some stuff together. Ben Davies running his flank.
Dislikes: Sloppy passing. Kane/Dele choosing hard shots over easier passes. Guys deciding to go outside to the byeline for a cross instead of a cutback to a guy in space.

I want to love Onomah, but I feel he gets too easily bullied once he gets into dangrous areas of the pitch. I think Wimmer isn't hitting the level required, though the second goal was Toby's fault, I felt. CCV needs minutes, but I like the way he fights, and I feel better seeing him on the pitch than Wimmer right now.

Toby's terrible giveaway sparked that counter and the goal.

You didn't mention Trippier. Who was better tonight, him or Walker?
:pochsmirk:

Toby's terrible giveaway sparked that counter and the goal.

You didn't mention Trippier. Who was better tonight, him or Walker?
:pochsmirk:
Trippier is not Walker. Never really will be. He didn't embarrass himself, but he didn't inspire me either. He's still our starting rightback until something else changes.

Wimmer at fault for 2 goals. Not what u want when trying to prove a point.

I refuse to acknowledge that as a loss though. Ref totally fucked the game with two (possibly 3 if Wimmer was pushed) huge decision.

If ever there were an advert for VAR today was it. Both penalty decisions wrong and that "winning" goal.
God no, not sure how much you've seen the VAR in action but I have a lot now from the A-League and the Confederations Cup and it is clunky and takes away the drama of scoring a goal.

Back
Top Bottom