Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

images

Though in all seriousness, I don't know who actually drove that one. New analytics team? Do we even know if Tapsoba was the first choice (as seemed to be the case at the time)? Regardless, we're very fortunate to have Micky.

I read Ange wanted him at Celtic too

I've run out of superlatives to describe how good he is. And the fact he is so down-to-earth and humble is a testament to his character.
A special player and a special person.
Happy Super Star GIF by joeyahlbum

All right so he runs like he's 45 minutes late to his wedding anniversary which his wife spent 3 hours getting ready for... But he also is a real baller?? Just feel so calm with him on the ball, Vertonghen like strides with it as well.

May they bulletproof his hamstrings, call in all the kneesovertoesguys of the planet!

He is the sort of player pundits would have been desperate to move on to another club. Now FFP has kicked in and started doing its job I just don't think that would be possible.

The Dutch are probably dumb enough to pick De Ligt and Virgil because Virgil prefers LCB
Dutch normally play a back 3 with Ake on the left and Virgil in the middle.

To be fair I’m not sure I want to see Micky on the right in Possession.

He’s unlucky to behind Virgil (Rodgers waiting for Farve type beat) but that won’t last forever…

De Ligt does deserve to lose his place but his competition is De Vrij.

My fav players over the years have been Ardiles,Hoddle, Waddle, King Clive, Gazza, Lineker,Klinsmann, Ginola, Anderton, Keane, Berbatov, Modric, VDV, Bale and Kane. Not one defender to be seen,all players that were exciting and got me off my seat but Micky is by far my favourite just now. He’s the type of defender that makes you feel secure and calm. He’s obviously lightening quick,reads the game very well,good on the ball,knows when to delay the pass or when to quicken the play up,can carry it forward and you can see he’s such a team player.
He’s magnificent and could end up being one of our greatest defenders. He’s pivotal to what we are trying to achieve.
And lastly he can bang them in to the top corners too🤣🤣🤣🤣

Still a decent amount of games to go but I can comfortably say he’s our player of the season.

Was lovely to see Romero’s reaction to his goal.
That backslap would've given many a nosebleed for weeks. But Micky is a manrock.

Rumour has it there's only one person alive who can scare the poop out of Chuck Norris.

It's..............................................................Rebekah Vardy Micky VdV.

Won’t be long before he’s considered the best centre back in the world.

The lad is absolutely fucking class. His pace just gives him a whole different dimension few other CBs have.

We either improve rapidly or he’ll be gone and I won’t blame him one fucking bit. If we don’t push on we’re a banter club.
And.........we're off......

All right so he runs like he's 45 minutes late to his wedding anniversary which his wife spent 3 hours getting ready for... But he also is a real baller?? Just feel so calm with him on the ball, Vertonghen like strides with it as well.

May they bulletproof his hamstrings, call in all the kneesovertoesguys of the planet!
Only 3 hours??? Do they make such relaxed women these days?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Won’t be long before he’s considered the best centre back in the world.

The lad is absolutely fucking class. His pace just gives him a whole different dimension few other CBs have.

We either improve rapidly or he’ll be gone and I won’t blame him one fucking bit. If we don’t push on we’re a banter club.

It's bad enough when the cunt media try selling our players for us without our own fans trying to do the same.

Stop it.

He is the sort of player pundits would have been desperate to move on to another club. Now FFP has kicked in and started doing its job I just don't think that would be possible.
Hahaha.....i was just about to write the same!

He's so good this season, that it's only a matter of time before the Spurs-hating pundits/journalists/experts(all 98%) will do their utmost to drive him out of the club!

Back
Top Bottom