Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think there's anything more you can really say about him. Best defender at the club. We'll do well to keep hold of him for two more seasons if we don't progress on the pitch he'll be the next kane/modric/bale etc. Outstanding talent.

Might sound far fetched to some.But if guardiola is putting a player like stones in his midfield then there is no reason why van de ven couldn’t do the same especially the way he passes the ball,he’s that good.

Might sound far fetched to some.But if guardiola is putting a player like stones in his midfield then there is no reason why van de ven couldn’t do the same especially the way he passes the ball,he’s that good.
A midfielder is usually easier to replace than a world class centre back.

Within 2 years he will be the world’s most valuable defender ever imo. An absolute gem of a player.
The team should be built around his multitude of strengths and minimise his odd weakness - which is the whole defence at times.

I loved Verts.
What faults did Verts have?
Thinking the same about this guy and he is quicker.
One of my favourite players.He was pretty much faultless, very rarely did he have a bad game ,11 million we paid Ajax for him what a bargain he was as well.The only difference between the two is van de vens pace.

Is cloning allowed under premier league rules?

And number one is van de Ven
Number two-oo-oo is van de Ven
…..

We all dream of a team of van de Vens…

If he ever leaves us it has to be for a record amount.

This boy 😍😍

How the hell did no other giant club get hold of him? He is world class IMO. Excellent defending, fantastic speed, good dribbling skills, and powerful shot.
I think it's a case of getting in that season or so earlier than when the mega clubs come calling (how many times have we lamented that?). I know there were murmurs of Liverpool interest - I think those may have manifested this coming summer if we hadn't moved when we did.

Ultimately we took the risk on a somewhat small (two season?) sample size of games for Wolfsberg in the Bundesliga and holy fucking shit has it paid off. Frankly, Micky is currently my go-to example of why we should probably trust our current scouting department.

I think it's a case of getting in that season or so earlier than when the mega clubs come calling (how many times have we lamented that?). I know there were murmurs of Liverpool interest - I think those may have manifested this coming summer if we hadn't moved when we did.

Ultimately we took the risk on a somewhat small (two season?) sample size of games for Wolfsberg in the Bundesliga and holy fucking shit has it paid off. Frankly, Micky is currently my go-to example of why we should probably trust our current scouting department.
Whoever scouted him needs a statue erected

Whoever scouted him needs a statue erected
images

Though in all seriousness, I don't know who actually drove that one. New analytics team? Do we even know if Tapsoba was the first choice (as seemed to be the case at the time)? Regardless, we're very fortunate to have Micky.

Back
Top Bottom