Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"But its only Tottenham"
Says old red nose!
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

World class defender
So good and should only get better. Two worries though for the future. Firstly will he ultimately prove too good for us to hold onto and secondly will Spurs style of playing a high line rely too much on his pace to bail us out and place further pressure on his hamstrings

Got to be honest,I think he’s the best centre back I’ve seen for Tottenham. I love defenders that make me feel calm and only Jan and Ledley done that for me but this guy has the pace that they never had. An absolute steal. He’s going to be the best defender in the world.

Tottenham player may be Signing of the Season​

Burley spoke about Micky Van de Ven, claiming that he is Signing of the Season ahead of his colleagues’ picks of Alexis Mac Allister and Cole Palmer.

“I would throw in I think Kudus for sure, but I would throw in, has there been a better value for money signing than Van de Ven for Tottenham? When he’s not in that side, he’s been absolutely outstanding, hamstring issues apart, he has been an outstanding signing for them,” Burley said.

“You’ve picked Mac Allister, you picked Palmer, for value for money I’m going to say Van de Ven.”

Got to be honest,I think he’s the best centre back I’ve seen for Tottenham. I love defenders that make me feel calm and only Jan and Ledley done that for me but this guy has the pace that they never had. An absolute steal. He’s going to be the best defender in the world.
King was quick he caught robben in a chase behind him aswell and Henry hated playing against him prime king is something else sadly we didn't see more due to his knee injuries

So, I’m still not sure who’s the best pure defender out of VDV and Romero but VDV is definitely the most impressive I can remember with that pace and strength.
To be the best in the world he needs to get a bit better in the air but he has everything

Back
Top Bottom