Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The real deal right here - massive bloke, faster than anyone else in the league, intelligent, left sided, young, and can pass a ball (and beat a man!)

Whatever his ceiling is its extremely high... hope he is here for many years to come and these hammy issues are just part of the Ange effect... and not like Ledders' knee

Someone said (it could of been someone on here) that at every club Ange has managed there has been a high number of hamstring issues in the first season in charge as players get up to speed with the Angeball system.
I think it’s Ange’s System needs to get up to speed with Mickey , he’s not human, fabulous player. Him and Romero must be the best central defensive partnership in the Premiership by a country mile.

He plays at such at high intensity, he's bound to get twinges here and there.

Need another Proper CB brought in and keep the youngsters we bought out on loan another couple seasons, to grow.

Romero/ New CB /Dragusin/VDV

That's CB sorted for the next 5+ years.

Could rotate and manage more effectively/injury prevention.

What AP actually said was that Micky said he didn't think it was too serious.

Ahh tits it is his hamstring then. Romero did a hamstring strain and was out three weeks (see link). Maybe the international break is coming at a good time and he could be back for Luton?

I think/hope (fingers crossed) that it was somewhat pre-emptive (see Dragusin getting ready for battle at HT)........ "Something doesn't feel right. Gimme 5 or 10 mins gaffa; but I might have to come off"

Last edited:
I really, really. REALLY hope his hamstrings don't become an issue.

Pray I Hope GIF

The Dutch are really good at producing centre backs lately, huh? Shame the rest of their talent factory isn’t there because VVD/VDV is one hell of a potential partnership.

This guy, injuries permitting, has everything.

He's already had 2 hamstring injuries by the age of 22.

When does it become an issue?
I think the one positive is that hamstring surgery, if needed, is nothing like as significant these days.

I suppose it becomes an issue when he feels like he can't play at full pelt. And that's when the surgery decision comes in.

But, anyway, hopefully a long way off (if ever needed).

Not really. Ledley's problem was his knee, that effected him later on in his career, which there was no cure or remedy for.
I think you miss the point Jimmy, we know it's not the same injury its the situation we are talking about. And for the record Ledley was injured in his second first team game. He says he never played without impairment pretty much after that. Which makes him even more incredible. Let's hope its not the same for Mickey

Back
Top Bottom