Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact is our Medical Team have survived reviews from Munn and Paratici they are not the disaster a lot of people think they are.
I mean, I hope not, but we do seem to have a bad track record of recoveries. Would like to see some data on us vs other epl teams.

Assuming that's actually the case (comparatively speaking), while it might not be the medical team's fault, it's the obvious thing to blame. If it's the manager rushing people back or the players pretending they are fine when they are not and getting long-term injuries, or simply really, really, bad luck then it's still going to be the medical team who cop that flack. Who else?

He is a £60 million pound asset of the club, to think he is not going to get anything but the best of the best medical care is madness!
Yes i get we all joke about them but its hardly like they are popping to A & E to wait for a scan, they are getting the best treatment money can buy, literally!!
the medical team is the best of the best because it works for spurs? by that logic all the players are the best of the best too? dier, davies, royal?

We're top of the 'most players out with serious injuries' table!

I find it hard to believe it's just bad luck at this point, but if not that, what IS it?!

Is it the 'running through walls for this manager' mindset? I really don't know, but along with VAR and PGMOL trying to rectify their image at our expense, we're getting fucked.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if Ange puts pressure on the medical team/player to return too early. He seems very high on player welfare and rightly so.

His win at all costs predecessors probably not so much.

We're top of the 'most players out with serious injuries' table!

I find it hard to believe it's just bad luck at this point, but if not that, what IS it?!

Is it the 'running through walls for this manager' mindset? I really don't know, but along with VAR and PGMOL trying to rectify their image at our expense, we're getting fucked.
I think its the immense drop in quality from starting 11 to subs. Ange style requires squad depth, this trend will continue until we improve that over a couple of windows at least.

well that could have been much worse. Cant see him being rushed back, this year is a bit of a gimme for Ange now and he'll be thinking I want this chap fit for the next 5 years not just January.
Does press the point of squad quality a little harder again for Ange to go to Danny Boy.

nope-danny-de-vito.gif

Back
Top Bottom