Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies might be back so we could see Porro…Dier….Philips…Davies/Royal
Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Seems to be a lot of Torn Hammies in general this season, was Neto the other day with Wolves - I wonder if it has anything to do with the stupid VAR checks>? Its ruining the game though , found im not even celebrating when we score now as I know VAR will scrutinise any reason why they shouldn't give it!

I don't think we're far away from teams doing little warm up drills during VAR checks to avoid muscle injuries.

Just seen he done his hamstring already in his career and missed 12 games due to it (76 days) . If that was roughly the same case here, he will miss our next 11 games but be back for Brentford at the end of January.

Agree with the general consensus that there is a correlation between increased injuries and the standing about for long VAR checks.

They need to limit the check to 30s if it cant be done then its not clear and obvious. Stick with onfield decision.

In the mean time the players need to keep themselves warm by light jogs, kick ball about etc. As soon as the muscles begin to cool down the chance increases. It was a Monday night in November, not good conditions to stand around in shorts and tshirt waiting for a bum in a cosy studio to play with offside lines for 5 minutes at a time.

Feel the physio and coaches need to take some responsibility. Not blaming them for this injury on VDV, but need to be more switched on in future.

Hope he has a speedy recovery. We'll miss him massively.

Maybe not. Doesn’t effect the reality of the situation though does it?

Surely it’s within the knowledge of professional athletes that am standing around for five minutes isn’t beneficial?

To be fair it's easy to analyse this from a far with hindsight but in the moment and for most of their career they've probably been instructed to rest while they can to save energy. We've never had a season when we have 15 - 21mins of fucking stoppage time in a game. VAR has also meant linesmen are flagging blatant offsides only after the attacker has shot, so defenders are also sprinting more than they had to as well. It was my first game of the season last night and it would have made more sense watching at home. People next to me were checking their phones seeing what their mates or WhatsApp groups were saying because no-one knew wtf was going on.

Still a great night though, wish I'd got a better video of the trumpeter:

View: https://streamable.com/wgcu73

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom