Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean wasn't it obvious he'd be a good LB in our formation?

people actually had skipp playing ahead of him at LB looooool.
Anyone who thought playing Skippy there was good idea will now never have that idea again. Was Ange showing Levy what’s needed by playing a limited midfielder at left back rather than an actual full back. Emerson Royal must now go to his agent and ask to get out because to get dropped for Skipp at left back
translates to time is up !

Mickey needs to improve in the core aspects of his defending before hitting such heights........ Though as he matures there's no reason why he can't.
The one thing that is noticeable is he isn’t great from a standing jump but that’s something that he can work on. That’s not a massive thing nowadays because teams don’t generally bang it up to centre forward to flick on for another striker.

He has been a fantastic signing and will get better. I actually wouldn’t swap our two centre backs for anyone else. I’d swap our front players for Burnley’s front players though 🤣

if he could somehow become dominant in the air, my god! 150m CB

one thing that doesnt get mentioned about him, his passing out wide etc is crisp and clean. top draw.
I always mention it mate,he just quickens the game up for us whereas Cuti is obviously being asked to delay his passing to entice teams to press.
Lenglet was the same,his passing was always quick and sharp. Pity he couldn’t run 🤣

I always mention it mate,he just quickens the game up for us whereas Cuti is obviously being asked to delay his passing to entice teams to press.
Lenglet was the same,his passing was always quick and sharp. Pity he couldn’t run 🤣
yea lenglet was technically very good, just really imobile hhaha.

VDV has the ingredients to be a joke. just needs to improve his aerial game, for a bloke his size he should be dominating the air better. if he can do that.....wow

The way he took his goal looked like something out of a FIFA glitch
I honestly think that's the point of Ange's system. You obviously need individual brilliance to be one of the best teams in the world, but you want a system which minimizes the need for relying on individual brilliance, ala Pep, Klopp, etc.

I am hopeful with what I am seeing.

if he could somehow become dominant in the air, my god! 150m CB

one thing that doesnt get mentioned about him, his passing out wide etc is crisp and clean. top draw.
I’ve said that before - it’s superb and perfectly weighted so they can easily take it in their stride

Back
Top Bottom