Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That just makes him an entitied fucking GLORY hunter then...
Who said support was EXCLUSIVELY about winning?

Otherwise, we'd all be Man City fans... (Until they eventually get all their titles stripped from them and expunged!!)
I think he’s just - by his own words, cynical about Tottenham, as per his comment once, “Tottenham will always let you down”.

I’m with you on the rest (I’m also not Roy Keane ;) ).

Blue cards?

Oh, fuck, do I have to remember another type of punishment?
I get your point but, if there is one thing that needs to be got rid of, its the gooner type mentality of surrounding the ref for advantage. With something like this , the refs now have some sort of protection and hopefully the "bully boys" will fuck right off.
I dont know what the answer is but at least this could be a start. Its the main thing that constantly spoils the game for me.
As I understand it, two yellows = red, blue + yellow = red, and two blues = red. But what does a blue and then a red equal?

Crucifixion. I accept nothing less. Or maybe just a 3-5-game ban (depending on whether the red was for violent conduct or not).

Yeah, I'm up for this. I don't like adding complexity to the beautiful game, but you can see regular examples of refs not giving a red for something dumb, like dissent after a yellow, when they fucking should. But now they can do the 'cancel' signal and upgrade to an orange blue card.

Also, you get plenty of 'orange' fouls (dippers and shitty are experts at this), so this will hopefully give them the power to punish meaningfully without fearing the wrath of fans/pundits saying it was harsh to send someone off. I imagine when a ref gets fucked off with someone, but they haven't done something nailed-on red, they'll just bin them.

I don't fear us getting unfair treatment from it, but I do expect it to remove the bullshit fear of antagonising the kop end with a sending off. I've been saying we need a sin-bin for 20 years, so I'm pretty interested in how this plays out.

Who gets the first one in the PL?

p.s. I'm assuming it adds up to some card totals over time, like with yellows?

Last edited:
As I understand it, two yellows = red, blue + yellow = red, and two blues = red. But what does a blue and then a red equal?

Crucifixion. I accept nothing less. Or maybe just a 3-5-game ban (depending on whether the red was for violent conduct or not).

Yeah, I'm up for this. I don't like adding complexity to the beautiful game, but you can see regular examples of refs not giving a red for something dumb, like dissent after a yellow, when they fucking should. But now they can do the 'cancel' signal and upgrade to an orange blue card.

Also, you get plenty of 'orange' fouls (dippers and shitty are experts at this), so this will hopefully give them the power to punish meaningfully without fearing the wrath of fans/pundits saying it was harsh to send someone off. I imagine when a ref gets fucked off with someone, but they haven't done something nailed-on red, they'll just bin them.

I don't fear us getting unfair treatment from it, but I do expect it to remove the bullshit fear of antagonising the kop end with a sending off. I've been saying we need a sin-bin for 20 years, so I'm pretty interested in how this plays out.

Who gets the first one in the PL?

p.s. I'm assuming it adds up to some card totals over time, like with yellows?
I’m just waiting for someone to come in and blue card a post and leave someone flummoxed.

I’m blue carding your post. It means I hate it now but I’ll be happy with it on Monday.

;)

Well we're ahead of "title challengers" Aston Villa and eight points clear of "European champions" West Ham, so anything's possible I guess
My mates a West Ham fan and so I always give them the proper respect they deserve.

"Who are European Champions, West Ham, playing this weekend"

"Are European Champions, West Ham, on TV tonight?"

"How can European Champions, West Ham, even think about sacking David Moyes after he led them to the promised land?"

I don't know why he gets so cross at me..........

My mates a West Ham fan and so I always give them the proper respect they deserve.

"Who are European Champions, West Ham, playing this weekend"

"Are European Champions, West Ham, on TV tonight?"

"How can European Champions, West Ham, even think about sacking David Moyes after he led them to the promised land?"

I don't know why he gets so cross at me..........

I prefer to call it the Geography Trivia Cup.

I get annoyed that I allow myself to get pissed off at the lazy stupid punditry that is so prevalent on radio and tv these days. I know I shouldn’t because sadly, I expect no different, but sometimes just rolling your eyes is not enough.

I was in the car this morning and tuned in to Talkshite with Natalie Sawyer and Dean Saunders (won’t have a word said against Natalie as used to love watching her on Sky Sports). Anyway, I appreciate Dean Saunders is thick as mince but even so.

They were interviewing the cricket journo, Harsha Bhogle, about England’s attacking play opening the door to giving away the 400 odd runs that India totted up in the last match . At that point Dense Saunders likened it to Spurs going to the Etihad and going all out attack against Man City and getting picked off and absolutely thrashed.

I just thought to myself when the fuck has that ever happened? We’ve lost there, and certainly won and drawn there, but absolutely thrashed? Not that I can recall recently and we certainly never went all out attack under Jose or Conte?

To be honest, it could have been a dozen or so of the pundits/presenters employed by Talkshite that came out with this drivel but it’s just so sloppy and boring now. The thing is it just leads to a swathe of their listeners believing it, passing it on or reproducing it elsewhere and just adding to the overall narrative where if a derogatory analogy is needed or there’s something detrimental to say about a team, just use Spurs as the oven ready example. Fuck ‘em.

Last edited:
I saw this penalty league where the person scored 3 points for a penalty awarded and minus 3 for one conceded. Guess who is top and who is bottom??

84WcQTE.png

I saw this penalty league where the person scored 3 points for a penalty awarded and minus 3 for one conceded. Guess who is top and who is bottom??

84WcQTE.png
It's hardly surprising.

It's been open season on our players for a while now......and the Liverpool game just reinforced that

You can see opposition players belting our guys around the place with absolutely no comebacks.

My favourite ones are when the opposition players commit 8 bookable offences and the ref forgets he has a yellow card.

Then when he actually does card an opposition player for a foul he suddenly remembers them and we usually get carded on the very next foul we commit, even if we haven't been allowed to get away with 8 or 9 like the opposing team did before they got booked.

Has anyone else been booked for diving AND then sent off because it was a second yellow like Bissouma was that time?

No.... Didn't think so.

84WcQTE.png
The worst part about this is that we have (or had until recently) the most touches in opposition box too.

Some teams aren't going to win penalties because they're never in the box, but the amount of time we spend in the box means that we should be right up the top in terms of penalties given. But we are at the bottom.

Kane used to get penalties and many players in other teams know how to get penalties but some of our present players go down too easily and refs know this and do not give a penalty. Whilst I think that we have been denied unjustifiably some penalties there have also been times I have thought the player should have stayed on his feet and it looked like he went down softly. The trainers should discuss this with the players as Kane who is a bigger player than Son but when he went down he got a penalty but Son frequently does not.

Has anyone else been booked for diving AND then sent off because it was a second yellow like Bissouma was that time?

No.... Didn't think so.
Refs, VAR, Dermot, Webb, PGMOL and all that sorry lot can say whatever, they're all so uber incompetent but yet so egotistical, it's beyond belief.

There's no way they can justify Cash, Yates, Dawson, Godfrey, Norgaard and Maupay not getting sent off against us. And that's just the ones I remember. Ah yeah that mug Colwill too when he elbowed Udo in the face.

As for the pens given for/against us? Well...figures speak for themselves eh.

But yeah, we got gifted the win vs Liverpool so I guess that makes it even...

Refs, VAR, Dermot, Webb, PGMOL and all that sorry lot can say whatever, they're all so uber incompetent but yet so egotistical, it's beyond belief.

There's no way they can justify Cash, Yates, Dawson, Godfrey, Norgaard and Maupay not getting sent off against us. And that's just the ones I remember. Ah yeah that mug Colwill too when he elbowed Udo in the face.

+ Dunk for that horror tackle on Kulu

We should perform a ritual defeat, whereby we just lay down at Anfield singing, “We were wrong to try and beat Liverpool, forgive us Emlyn Hughes and Ian Rush”, then name our even numbered players, “Paisley” and our odd numbered players, “Shankley” and then fart in the general direction of Goodison Park and hope football forgives us… otherwise we are in for more of the same.

84WcQTE.png
As annoying as that is, it's also interesting to see Liverpool 2nd, and their local rivals Everton in 2nd bottom...
any correlation there towards favouritism I wonder??

Kane used to get penalties and many players in other teams know how to get penalties but some of our present players go down too easily and refs know this and do not give a penalty. Whilst I think that we have been denied unjustifiably some penalties there have also been times I have thought the player should have stayed on his feet and it looked like he went down softly. The trainers should discuss this with the players as Kane who is a bigger player than Son but when he went down he got a penalty but Son frequently does not.
Knowing how to get a penalty suggests doing something deliberately (other than just being fouled) to 'earn' it...
That suggests it's an underhand tactic, but one we're either not aware of, or are unwilling to employ...

Either way, all it does is seem to reward the sneaky and the cheats in the game, and fuck honour, or at least trying to stay on your feet...

Yet the one occasion WE tried it, we got a player booked!

Fucking stinks worse than a Boxing Day shit!!

84WcQTE.png
It is shocking (and not the first time we've been lacking in penalties awarded), but the only thing I'd say is that I can't remember too many instances off the top of my head where we were denied a possible/probable pen. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

As annoying as that is, it's also interesting to see Liverpool 2nd, and their local rivals Everton in 2nd bottom...
any correlation there towards favouritism I wonder??

Knowing how to get a penalty suggests doing something deliberately (other than just being fouled) to 'earn' it...
That suggests it's an underhand tactic, but one we're either not aware of, or are unwilling to employ...

Either way, all it does is seem to reward the sneaky and the cheats in the game, and fuck honour, or at least trying to stay on your feet...

Yet the one occasion WE tried it, we got a player booked!

Fucking stinks worse than a Boxing Day shit!!
What I was trying to say is that players look to have gone down too easily and are denied penalties. Bale when here was accused of diving and for some time after that was denied a penalty even though it was genuine. I do not remember us getting so few penalties in the past few season and thought what has changed? Kane won a lot of those penalties and has now gone and seemed to know when to go down and did not do it dramatically. Our current front players do not seem to have that skill. I was not inferring we cheat but I cannot believe in conspiracy against us this year when we got penalties in the past.
Kane shielded the ball with his body forcing defenders to foul him to get to the ball but our Present forwards do not seem to have that skill.

What I was trying to say is that players look to have gone down too easily and are denied penalties. Bale when here was accused of diving and for some time after that was denied a penalty even though it was genuine. I do not remember us getting so few penalties in the past few season and thought what has changed? Kane won a lot of those penalties and has now gone and seemed to know when to go down and did not do it dramatically. Our current front players do not seem to have that skill. I was not inferring we cheat but I cannot believe in conspiracy against us this year when we got penalties in the past.
Kane shielded the ball with his body forcing defenders to foul him to get to the ball but our Present forwards do not seem to have that skill.

The liverpool match is what happened. We have had quite a few shouts for a pen or even fouls against us since that match with nothing doing. If we managed to finish the season a couple of points ahead of the dippers then one of their cult members might actually follow through with their death threats against refs.

I don't mind that we don't dive however I do mind that we get kicked up and down the pitch. Jota's dive against the barcodes was embarrassing but it isn't as if they aren't known for it.

Imagine Sonny or even Harold saying this sort of shit?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzRA6ScduoY

Back
Top Bottom