Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool didn’t qualify with 2 games to spare
If any of the above plus City & Woolwich would have in the same group it would have been more newsworthy.
If any of them would have won the group,with our results we probably wouldn’t have heard the last of it. Despite spendin shitloads of money to achieve just that
As it is, not much has been made of this achievement by a smaller club operating at a financial disadvantage with smaller wage bill and squad.

But there you go.
We would have made bigger headlines losing to Real and Dortmund at home.

If any of the above plus City & Woolwich would have in the same group it would have been more newsworthy.
If any of them would have won the group,with our results we probably wouldn’t have heard the last of it. Despite spendin shitloads of money to achieve just that
As it is, not much has been made of this achievement by a smaller club operating at a financial disadvantage with smaller wage bill and squad.

But there you go.

This is absolutely true.

But there you go.

I said on here a while ago that I've learnt to embrace the bias. I look at the humour in it now. These 'professionals' obviously struggling to comprehend what is going on with our progression. Time after time having to spin the narrative or move the goalposts to undermine what Poch/Levy are building.

Think how amusing it'll be to see how they'll struggle when we win the league and/or Champions League! :)

I said on here a while ago that I've learnt to embrace the bias. I look at the humour in it now. These 'professionals' obviously struggling to comprehend what is going on with our progression. Time after time having to spin the narrative or move the goalposts to undermine what Poch/Levy are building.

Think how amusing it'll be to see how they'll struggle when we win the league and/or Champions League! :)
Let me save you the trouble of having to guess. When Leicester won it was a "Fairy Tale" season, but if Spurs win either it's going to be "Spurs had an easy run", and/or "All the top clubs were having an off-year".

Moreover, we will have won because our entire starting 11 wanted to put themselves in the shop window, and Spurs will be desperate to sell in order to recoup funds because of our expensive new stadium, so Levy won't be able to turn the money down. All the "big" clubs will be bidding and Spurs should be honored to have their star players linked to "bigger" clubs.

And after the 500th time of saying he has no intentions of leaving and wants to stay for a long, long time, journalists will be writing that Kane has held secret talks with Mourinho and he's desperate to leave Spurs because they won't pay his agent 40m pounds for the pleasure of shaking hands, and the 500k pounds per week that will finally make him a "World Class player".

Let me save you the trouble of having to guess. When Leicester won it was a "Fairy Tale" season, but if Spurs win either it's going to be "Spurs had an easy run", and/or "All the top clubs were having an off-year".

Moreover, we will have won because our entire starting 11 wanted to put themselves in the shop window, and Spurs will be desperate to sell in order to recoup funds because of our expensive new stadium, so Levy won't be able to turn the money down. All the "big" clubs will be bidding and Spurs should be honored to have their star players linked to "bigger" clubs.

And after the 500th time of saying he has no intentions of leaving and wants to stay for a long, long time, journalists will be writing that Kane has held secret talks with Mourinho and he's desperate to leave Spurs because they won't pay his agent 40m pounds for the pleasure of shaking hands, and the 500k pounds per week that will finally make him a "World Class player".

And I'll be laughing at them surrounded by all the celebratory memorabilia I spent £100s on during my month long drunken celebration! :)

Looking at this article on Sky re team's ratings and went through it several times and whilst I expected a poor rating I did not expect Tottenham to be missing?
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...es-manchester-city-and-Woolwich-get-top-marks

Just listened to fat fuck Quinn of TalkShite. "Why should Spurs fans bother to show up"
What's with it with this guy? Some bitter, anti-spurs agenda. You'd think we were staving off relegation the way that cunt goes on.
My fault, should have maintained my media blackout.

Here's something I wouldn't have expected. Have a look at whoscored.com right now, on the home page there's a header bar with display panels for all the big recent/current/future matches. Right now there are panels for all of yesterday's matches, all of the coming Europa fixtures, some week/weekend championship and PL fixtures. Taking prominence are today's CL fixtures....5 of them. Nothing of our match. Given that this is an surely just a widget that's pulling matches and info from the larger database means that someone had to purposely remove our match....

Might be a little paranoid here, but Jon Champion last night suggesting Poch and Rose "exchanged words" before Rose left the technical area (to go get stitches). Well of course they did - as he does with anyone being subbed off.
I know what he was doing though. Just wanted to stir it, didn't ye, ye bald fuck.

Back
Top Bottom