Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not usually that bothered about what the media thinks, but the BBC's promo for the 2017/18 Premier League Predictor game really pissed me off.

Premier League Predictor: BBC Sport game is back for new season

Just in case the BBC changes the image, here's a screenshot.

DWuzUqt.png

Last edited:
And people think because he was good in the 80s this is ok

I'd rather he had his own opinion as opposed to spewing embarrassing, biased pro-Spurs drivvel; it's just galling that he's so often chosen to 'represent' us.

Even though he's a bit of a nut-nut (and probably more guarded in the media than he once was) a lot of his outlook supports a very mainstream narrative (e.g. recent quotes about us), so doesn't call bullshit when he perhaps should. Subsequently we're often left with some rather silly and/or shallow musings whilst he strives to still sound 'current' (Ref: his wacky 11 elections/formations).

Thank the footy gods for JJ..... Just a shame he's not more of an iconic figure for us ON the pitch.

Next seasons league table

1. _____________
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Liverpool
6. Woolwich

Trophy left unawarded as the invisible team seems to have won

You know how the forum treats the word "A_s_n_a_"..... We'll just miraculously become "Wembley".

(Unsurprisingly though... We're already being mockingly called "Wembley Hotspur" by Durham and the like... For what? ...Making a progressive move for the club's future and having the balls to use the biggest stadium in the country in the meantime. You wanna see laughable.... Watching a mere 20,000 Chavs rattle around in there ever fortnight for 2-3 years a few years later)

I'm not usually that bothered about what the media thinks, but the BBC's promo for the 2017/18 Premier League Predictor game really pissed me off.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
2nd place. 2nd fucking place last season and one of the most dominant teams of the past two seasons and we just conveniently get passed over.

Christ. At this point, I ain't even mad.

At least when we were good but not as good as we are now, we theorised that there was media bias pandering to their most numerous customers.
Now it's just fucking obvious. I'm almost relieved that we don't look crazy anymore for pointing it out.

Lol, this really doesn't bother me. Leicester, did win the league the season before last (in case anyone forgets) and imagine the the fucking riots if they'd left the dippers off.

Also from a design point of view our badge wouldnt fit in as well as all of those in crests / shields. It's probably as innocent and unintentional as that.

Im happy for us to carry on being overlooked, we can get on and do our thing without any extra pressure. We all know how good we are, the people who really understand football know how good we are (and plenty have said it).

Let the fucking dinosaurs and reall football men carry on bleating over stereotypes and tired narratives because we dont fit their preconceived agenda.

Plus a young nipper in the park on Sunday was wearing an England strip with Alli on the back. Made me proud.

We'll be ruing the day when you cant move for glory hunters and everyone thinks you just support Spurs because they did the treble.

McNulty at the beeb saying we'll finish 6th...

To be fair, he does say that he thinks that prediction might come back to haunt him and he fancies us for a cup.

Back
Top Bottom