Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top headline on BBC Sport: "Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss questions Tottenham's ambitions". Article then goes on to describe an interview in which Conte also talks about how he tried and failed to sign Walker, and how Kane would be his first choice as a striker. These details are, of course, buried at the bottom of the article, way past the sensationalist headline.

Apparently we won't hear Chelsea saying that they're playing at wembley used as an excuse when they move out of stamford bridge. No we won't (until they lose a few games anyhow), because they'll spend £300 million the season before to collect all the pokemon in the world in the hope that'll sort them.

Unbelievable that the oil clubs are being sucked up to so much. Nouveau riche bastards.

As a member forum can we just not listen to that wind up merchant, it'll be a start to decreased audience levels and hopefully someday we'll get shot of that wanker

ESrD9qN.jpg

:avbnaa:

Even Glenn Hoddle completely disregards us

GLENN HODDLE: Pep Guardiola has nowhere to hide this time | Daily Mail Online

I suspect most United fans will live with a tweak in style if it puts them back in the title race — and I believe it will. In an open field, given the competitiveness of the top six, they have as good a chance of returning to the top than at any time since Ferguson quit.

That is not to say they will win it. It is so close between them, City, Chelsea and maybe Woolwich and Liverpool. But they will be in the mix. In fact, in a year or two he may have made enough changes to have them challenging for the Champions League again.

Meanwhile, as for Tottenham, I will hold my fire for the end of the transfer window. It may be that they can pull off some signings in the next month which may surprise us and make last season’s runners up feel they can push on to challenge for the league.

But it has been a disappointing summer. Losing Walker was a real crossroads moment. I would have loved for them to think big and try to get Isco or even Kylian Mbappe. Maybe the latter will end up at Real Madrid anyway.

But Spurs have an opportunity with a young squad, a great manager and a new stadium, to be among the best in Europe. They have to seize it. And you can’t do that on the cheap.

Read more: GLENN HODDLE: Pep Guardiola has nowhere to hide this time | Daily

Meanwhile, as for Tottenham, I will hold my fire for the end of the transfer window. It may be that they can pull off some signings in the next month which may surprise us and make last season’s runners up feel they can push on to challenge for the league.

But it has been a disappointing summer. Losing Walker was a real crossroads moment. I would have loved for them to think big and try to get Isco or even Kylian Mbappe. Maybe the latter will end up at Real Madrid anyway.

But Spurs have an opportunity with a young squad, a great manager and a new stadium, to be among the best in Europe. They have to seize it. And you can’t do that on the cheap.

Maybe its part of a push to corral Levy and make him spend? :gallashmm:

Yeah he says we should sign Mbappe and Isco.......I think I can see why Levy appointed Pleat as DOF whilst he was manager.......to get a few transfer targets who weren't in the nominations for World Player of the Year

Back
Top Bottom