Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does someone need to explain this to other people?
It's a joke/parody, right?
Please Jesus on the cross don't tell me anyone thought this was real???
Or else humour is proper dead!
By the same token, please Jesus on the cross don't tell me this is REAL?? Or else football is proper dead!

Hughton was only ever an assistant coach at Spurs, probably why they worded it that way. Listing his actual coaching jobs.
As I say, if he'd FAILED, the Spurs Coaching job WOULD HAVE been listed... As he's done well, his assistant duties are brushed under the carpet!

Except when Harry Kane wins/walks the BUNDESLIGA in May, April, March February...
THEN they'll fucking mention who he used to play for!!

Last edited:
Does someone need to explain this to other people?
It's a joke/parody, right?
Please Jesus on the cross don't tell me anyone thought this was real???
Or else humour is proper dead!
By the same token, please Jesus on the cross don't tell me this is REAL?? Or else football is proper dead!

As I say, if he'd FAILED, the Spurs Coaching job WOULD HAVE been listed... As he's done well, his assistant duties are brushed under the carpet!

Except when Harry Kane wins/walks the BUNDESLIGA in May, April, March February...
THEN they'll fucking mention who he used to play for!!
Did anyone see this as anything beyond parody??? Michael Spicer is quite a well known satirist

Whenever Woolwich got a late winner (usually less deserved than ours today) we'd be told that was the stuff of champions last season.

Just pointing that out for reference when assessing the punditry we receive later today/this week.

13d0909f44faa017a12f54e463f9a3417ce9eb66.gif

The commentary was fucking farcical today.

Absolute gutted that we won. Clear penalties were met with "nah there's no contact there" despite contact being visible from the fucking moon.

If you hadn't watched the game, but clocked in near the end to hear "Sheffield have defended so well today, they fully deserve the result" you'd have thought that Sheffield actually defended well and fully deserved the result (before we absolutely obliterated their dreams and sent them home crying). They didn't. They were fucking shit. They cheated. The refs cheated. VAR tried to rob us.

Cunts.

I'm struggling to see exactly what part of Newcastle's Champions League effort 20 years ago was 'historic', considering they barely scraped through the first group stage and came 3rd in the 2nd group stage, so never even made the knockouts. If they'd scraped through the group stage and then dragged themselves against all odds to the final then maybe you could refer to it as historic (but I can't envisage any team ever doing that ;) )

Ok, so it's this kinda stuff... you know the drill:
Headline:

Tottenham: Levy "ready to battle" for "cut-price" Spurs signing...​

...and it goes on to say;

...so hang on, Spurs are going for a "cut price" player, and yet we'll face stiff competition from Liverpool... who therefore - presumably - must ALSO be going for a "cut price" player...

So riddle me this: how come Liverpool aren't tagged with the same 'cheapskate' headline for ALSO going for "cut price" players?

Hmmmm.... Maybe it's 'cos they need to keep the tight fisted Spurs narrative going, without daring to accuse anyone else of exactly the same thing?

It's subtle, granted... but it's there!

and we know why dont we? If we werent a club with Jewish links then it wouldnt be so constantly mentioned. It is pretty transparent racism.

On a completely unrelated point, I wonder what they were playing before our games against Marseille, Frankfurt, Sporting, and Milan last season.

It was a bit difficult to recognise.

I think it was some form of reggaeton remix of Napalm Death.... I heard it in da cluurb once, but never get a full I.D.

I'm struggling to see exactly what part of Newcastle's Champions League effort 20 years ago was 'historic', considering they barely scraped through the first group stage and came 3rd in the 2nd group stage, so never even made the knockouts. If they'd scraped through the group stage and then dragged themselves against all odds to the final then maybe you could refer to it as historic (but I can't envisage any team ever doing that ;) )

The media have been sucking them off since they were taken over to get on the plastic gravy train.

Remember the first team who played them after the takeover? Here is a little reminder which is pretty hilarious.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/qb5z8m/commentary_for_newcastle_v_tottenham_youd_think/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Back
Top Bottom