Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Spurs fans stayed away in their thousands, just 56,854 showed up"

That's an attendance that only three grounds in the country can currently hold, for a Monday night, for a re-arranged kick-off time and date at short notice, played at a shit-hole stadium ...

To say just 58,854 is truly taking the piss ... it's a bloody fantastic number under the circumstances ....
We'd limited tickets too, when I bought tickets the whole of the upper tier was blanked off

That's an attendance that only three grounds in the country can currently hold, for a Monday night, for a re-arranged kick-off time and date at short notice, played at a shit-hole stadium ...

To say just 58,854 is truly taking the piss ... it's a bloody fantastic number under the circumstances ....
Yep, that bloody annoyed me when I read that too. The way these fuckers spin stuff really maddens me. Probably written by the same journo who gave Trippier and Lamela 6/10.

Yeah, another 2,000 showed up in the time it took you to type that post...

Going to Wembley is increasingly becoming a bit of a chore. A lot of people I know are no longer going to midweek games or are swerving Wembley altogether. It appears that the slack is being taken up by visitors. I wonder what proportion of the crowd last night were Spurs fans, as low as 60% maybe?

I will continue to go as its the only place where I can watch Tottenham but I really, really wanna go home now.

Going to Wembley is increasingly becoming a bit of a chore. A lot of people I know are no longer going to midweek games or are swerving Wembley altogether. It appears that the slack is being taken up by visitors. I wonder what proportion of the crowd last night were Spurs fans, as low as 60% maybe?

I will continue to go as its the only place where I can watch Tottenham but I really, really wanna go home now.
Not sure who you would describe as Spurs fans. Considering we had a capacity of 35000 at WHL inc away fans of which a lot were season ticket holders. Even allowing for different supporters for different matches 40000 regulars at most. Therefore the extra 19000 supporters are either people like myself that no longer attend regularly or friends and family of supporters (think supporters could buy up to 6 tickets each). However as you had to be on Spurs database to get tickets tourists could not buy them unless from touts. Whilst Mrs P is clearly an exception, many wives and girlfriends go with partners but are not necessarily going to make a noise like true supporters.

I agree that nearly 57k is a good PL attendance is good but let's not pretend that for a 6 pointer top of the table clash it would have been sold out or close to sold out last season.

The trip to Wembley is utterly soul destroying as is the trudge back home. I'm totally fatigued by the place, I'm a "Falling Down" moment away from decking that wanker Jesus preacher on Wembley Way, I swear the smallest thing will tip me over the edge. I can't be arsed to meet with mates before or after the game, I just want to get in and out. I've also missed two games this season, not because I had a wedding or some such to attend, I couldn't be arsed. That's the first time in 45yrs I have done that. I know that I'm not the only one. I don't recognise the people that are sat around me now (all ST), every game a different face, the ST's aren't bothering to show up.

If that's from the Pitt-Broke article of this morning then I think he's bang on the money. The remainder of games at Wembley are going to possibly impact on our performance, no longer are the majority of fans invested in it. This is a major threat to our remaining results. It's on the fans to create something but feel we've done all we can last year, this year it's just unfair of us fans to be expected to pretend that it's good place to watch us play football there.

Scouser cunt can't understand simple logic.

What’s with the constant reference to Harry Maguire we develop our own Harry’s we don’t buy them. Even MU did want to stump up for Maguire.
And he’s rather bullish about Liverpool ‘at least trying to win the league’ were they not trying for the past few years and falling well short yes they bought a lot but how well only time wil tell. Cheers for the perspective Neville.
One more thing what’s spitty Caragher doing back on our screens anyway

I agree that nearly 57k is a good PL attendance is good but let's not pretend that for a 6 pointer top of the table clash it would have been sold out or close to sold out last season.

The trip to Wembley is utterly soul destroying as is the trudge back home. I'm totally fatigued by the place, I'm a "Falling Down" moment away from decking that wanker Jesus preacher on Wembley Way, I swear the smallest thing will tip me over the edge. I can't be arsed to meet with mates before or after the game, I just want to get in and out. I've also missed two games this season, not because I had a wedding or some such to attend, I couldn't be arsed. That's the first time in 45yrs I have done that. I know that I'm not the only one. I don't recognise the people that are sat around me now (all ST), every game a different face, the ST's aren't bothering to show up.

If that's from the Pitt-Broke article of this morning then I think he's bang on the money. The remainder of games at Wembley are going to possibly impact on our performance, no longer are the majority of fans invested in it. This is a major threat to our remaining results. It's on the fans to create something but feel we've done all we can last year, this year it's just unfair of us fans to be expected to pretend that it's good place to watch us play football there.

Agree with all off that ... only been to Wembley on my rare trips across but even those few occasions I would have swapped it in a second for WHL ... and we won every game ...

That makes the fact that 57k turned up, despite all your very valid points, even more credible ...

Nobody wants to go, but we're Spurs so we do ....

I love the media bias against us. Means we're doing something right. Just goes to show how narrow minded they all are. We've been doing it the hard way minus an Arab/ruskie with bottomless billions.
That's what pissed em off

I love the media bias against us. Means we're doing something right. Just goes to show how narrow minded they all are. We've been doing it the hard way minus an Arab/ruskie with bottomless billions.
That's what pissed em off

But then Spurs fans start to believe the media....

and the atmosphere starts to get toxic.

But then Spurs fans start to believe the media....

and the atmosphere starts to get toxic.
The toxic pricks that always mouth off at games, I struggle to think if they were ever real spurs fans. What things not going your way ? Just jumped on the band wagon circa redknapp bales years and they get all sour when it goes tits up. Makes me wonder if they supported us during the 90s, after we last won the fa cup. Bet not.
This is the best side since 87 season when we finished 3rd and reached 2 semi finals. Wonder if they remember that

Back
Top Bottom