Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whos been a success at PSG?

Its a babysitters job, not a managerial job. He’s been there what? 12 months. They want instant success but they are a bunch of instagram footballers.

Poch pedigree needs to be in a fast paced competitive league
Amen, brother. Poch ain't the problem at PSG, neither were Blanc, Carlo, Emery, Tuchel. Honestly, even Pep and Klopp would struggle to be successful there. And I don't consider winning that league & domestic cups real success...not with the budget advantage they have on the rest.

It's the whole philosophy at that club that's totally wrong. They're all about style, not substance. All about building the PSG (and Qatar) brand. They have the worst sporting director...Leonardo makes Fabio look like a genius. He has all the money to spend, but just doesn't know how to spend wisely. They're the kings of prima donnas...and deadwood, cause he's even shitter at selling than buying. And their chairman is a crook who should be in jail.

I know dozens and dozens of PSG fans, people who've supported the club since the early days when they were in the lower divisions or doing shite in the top league. Tell you what, they really hate what their club has become and they greatly miss the good old days even if those days weren't good at all and the squad was shite. QSI stole their club and they want rid of them, even if that means going back to mid-table mediocrity

Still convinced he'll be at United this summer sadly, that's why they appointed an interim. Poch was always going to leave PSG after winning or not winning the Champions League this season anyway.

He'll be back at Tottenham one day also I think and I'd love that. Gave us all the best times for over a generation, absolutely gutted and ashamed at how so many fans didn't realize that at the time. Constructing him out for Mourinho remains the most shameful act of Levy.. and I was in the ground that night Jol got sacked at half time.
I hope he is at United in the summer, not because I didn't love him when he was here and not because I have any love for Conte. But Poch seemed to stumble upon a system that worked that he wasn't able to build on or recreate again.

Secondly, anything that stops Man Ure appointing Ten Hag is a very good thing.

I loved poch at tottenham as our football was sublime and modern. Imo it was the best football since burkinshaw and venables. Absolute pleasure watching us.
Did you forget how bad the league run was at the point when he was sacked ?

I'd rather Levy invest in the Conte project and vision for one full season. Can't depend on Pochettino for a rebuild

I hope MP coming back is just BS news. I welcome him as a guest, but not as manager.
He took our best team in a generation and convinced them that 4th place is a great overachievement.
He can't even win ligue 1 with PSG when he joined them mid-season.
PSG collapse against real madrid is just so reminiscence of our own collapse against Juve.
Let MP go somewhere else and get found out again. Not here

Right. I think that Levy lives around that way as well. There was some talk in one of however many interviews he did while manager for us where he dropped that they were neighbours.

I can perfectly understand Mrs. Pochettino not wanting to move out of Hadley Wood.
I can think of little worse than Levy as a neighbour , obviously in the sole context of having a wealthy neighbour. i find him genuinely creepy

his teams have zero personality when the difficulties arrive, no reaction from the players no reaction from him
yesterday he was passive, no encouragement, no indications to his players.
putting out paredes for gueye was terrible
putting in donnarumma instead of navas was another terrible choice
I wish him all the best, but far away from tottenham

Still convinced he'll be at United this summer sadly, that's why they appointed an interim. Poch was always going to leave PSG after winning or not winning the Champions League this season anyway.

He'll be back at Tottenham one day also I think and I'd love that. Gave us all the best times for over a generation, absolutely gutted and ashamed at how so many fans didn't realize that at the time. Constructing him out for Mourinho remains the most shameful act of Levy.. and I was in the ground that night Jol got sacked at half time.

Jol situ was much worse tbh.

Hindsight is 20/20 but it would have been better for all parties if Poch & Levy had come to terms following the CL final.

Couldnt agree more.
Couldn't disagree more, that one year of contract is £15m, Levy wouldn't give Conte the boot unless things had gone completely off the rails on the pitch, regardless of Pochettino's availability status.

Especially when you consider the amount of compensation paid out to managers in recent years, including Poch himself!

Loved Poch but he isn't a winner, look at the side he has at PSG and he fucked it up against lets face it a poor Real Madrid side (by their standards)

We need to give Conte what he needs to mould a team in his image(not going to happen but I live in hope)

Going back to Poch in the summer and the inevitable "project academy players" would be a massive mistake and lead to a decade in the wilderness.

I love Poch and of course would want him managing Spurs again, as others have said I just hope the club leave enough time for a fresh start to be created without any hangovers from his last reign.

However the managerial merry go round can be a tricky game, if Conte is being non commital this summer and Poch is getting long term contract offers from the likes of Man United, Barcelona, or another top club then Levy may have to bite the bullet sooner than what the ideal scenario would be.

If I could orchestrate this I would love a couple more years with Conte until he inevitably gets fed up then in steps Poch.

Ultimately we should be really appreciative and supportive of our current setup, we are blessed to have one of the best managers in world football at the club in Antonio Conte.

Last edited:
I hope MP coming back is just BS news. I welcome him as a guest, but not as manager.
He took our best team in a generation and convinced them that 4th place is a great overachievement.
He can't even win ligue 1 with PSG when he joined them mid-season.
PSG collapse against real madrid is just so reminiscence of our own collapse against Juve.
Let MP go somewhere else and get found out again. Not here
So glad somebody else sees it, as I said in my post on this would be a massive mistake if we lose Conte and go back to project Poch.

Loved Poch but he isn't a winner, look at the side he has at PSG and he fucked it up against lets face it a poor Real Madrid side (by their standards)

We need to give Conte what he needs to mould a team in his image(not going to happen but I live in hope)

Going back to Poch in the summer and the inevitable "project academy players" would be a massive mistake and lead to a decade in the wilderness.
Let's not jump on this here, they lost to 3 moments of Benzema brilliance, who on his day is as good as any striker in the world.

Besides, no other PSG manager has succeeded in winning the CL since their Arab sugar daddies bought the club, why is Poch being singled out?

You can talk about their front three all you like, but any manager ever would struggle to manage them all effectively, especially Neymar, who's ego is as enormous as his stature is small.

Also anyone can see that like Ronaldo, Messi's best days are behind him.

Let's not jump on this here, they lost to 3 moments of Benzema brilliance, who on his day is as good as any striker in the world.

Besides, no other PSG manager has succeeded in winning the CL since their Arab sugar daddies bought the club, why is Poch being singled out?

You can talk about their front three all you like, but any manager ever would struggle to manage them all effectively, especially Neymar, who's ego is as enormous as his stature is small.

Also anyone can see that like Ronaldo, Messi's best days are behind him.
I agree this probably isn't the thread for it.

Disagree with just about everything else.

I don't know how many times I have said it but it is a lot.

His stubbornness is his own downfall.

The other argument is that he was hamstrung by Leonardo not getting any good defenders. That PSG defence is awful. No point having 3 players up front if they can't get the ball to them.

Similar problem to what we have.

Back
Top Bottom