Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They won’t sack him now.

I imagine PSG are desperate for Klopp or Pep. Not getting them so, after that, who knows? I expect Poch Conte swap rumours to start anytime now.
Zidane is the man PSG want and will probably get him in the summer.

For a French Club looking to win the CL, you cant do better than a French legend that has won it as a manager 3x consecutively

Shame about poch, top bloke who gave us loads of fun but he struggles getting big games closed out. We saw it loads of times and now it’s happening at PSG.

Only a matter of time before he’s sacked, I’m not convinced he’ll get the United job

Nearly Man.

His team utterly imploded there.’

Yep, and many will say it's the players but Pochettino is the manager.

A team is the embodiment of its manager, certainly once you are past 12 months.

Pochettino is a nice character and was beyond great for us but it is the very same question that is asked of him that is asked of Kane.

The last step to being that Winner is doing it when it matters most.

People will cite the one-offs like Ranierir but he is exactly that. It can amd does happen.

When you get chance after chance and fall short , it's a question that remains unanswered.

Last edited:
WTF, you do realise what inflation is don’t you?

and I mean inflation applied to a particular market. Are you suggesting that Van Dijk would have sold in 2011 for anything even remotely close to £75m? Can you not see that over a 10 year period fees have gone up many many times for players, why is this a difficult concept?

Oh god this thread. I had to explain what inflation was to Sammy in a football context.

Poch is on his knees, jaw open, waiting to gag on Spurs cock again. Genuinely think he’s waiting for Conte to go and he’ll be at the door with his bags.

I would love him back in the future, no doubt. But whilst we have Conte, I want us to back him and make the most out of having a truly world class manager.
Poch and Levy are still neighbours I believe.

Poch is going to turn into that one neighbour that pops up over the hedge and keeps asking Daniely about the weather every single day now.

Pochettino still has his house in Hadley Wood. Bought is for a princely sum from a Greek shipping magnate.
Right. I think that Levy lives around that way as well. There was some talk in one of however many interviews he did while manager for us where he dropped that they were neighbours.

I can perfectly understand Mrs. Pochettino not wanting to move out of Hadley Wood.

Shame about poch, top bloke who gave us loads of fun but he struggles getting big games closed out. We saw it loads of times and now it’s happening at PSG.

Only a matter of time before he’s sacked, I’m not convinced he’ll get the United job
Whos been a success at PSG?

Its a babysitters job, not a managerial job. He’s been there what? 12 months. They want instant success but they are a bunch of instagram footballers.

Poch pedigree needs to be in a fast paced competitive league

Whos been a success at PSG?

Its a babysitters job, not a managerial job. He’s been there what? 12 months. They want instant success but they are a bunch of instagram footballers.

Poch pedigree needs to be in a fast paced competitive league
Tuchel was relatively successful there? Won the league a couple of times, a handful of domestic cups, made it to the CL final (which he lost 0-1 to Bayern, no shame in that) ..

Think if poch is sacked at pointless sporting group levy will have a bargaining chip with conte. One minute conte is happy and then hes depressed. If conte isnt committed then its a no brainer to get poch back. Conte only has 14 months left on contract. Big summer ahead.
That would be so stupid. Conte can walk into any job in world football, if you try and blackmail him he will just leave.

Still convinced he'll be at United this summer sadly, that's why they appointed an interim. Poch was always going to leave PSG after winning or not winning the Champions League this season anyway.

He'll be back at Tottenham one day also I think and I'd love that. Gave us all the best times for over a generation, absolutely gutted and ashamed at how so many fans didn't realize that at the time. Constructing him out for Mourinho remains the most shameful act of Levy.. and I was in the ground that night Jol got sacked at half time.

Ranieri wasn't a one off though, he had decent cup success in Italy and Spain as well as the Leicester League win.
Yes we had a good ride under Poch, but ultimately he brought sweet fa in the way of silverware, he is ultimately a nice guy, but is never going to be a really successful manager.

Good luck to the bloke, but I would rather he fooks off to Man U and nearly but not wins anything there than comes back here.
At least with Conte (if he sticks around) we might actually transform into a side that can challenge and might actually win something.

Back
Top Bottom