Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Pochettino but last night he was out done by Bilic. He had no response in the second half. Absolutely no reason why Trippier should of been left to be hammered down that right hand side.
As embarrassing and inept as we were in the 2nd half it was our own doing and had nothing to do with anything Bilic did. West Ham started the second half so badly their amazing salt of the earth fans were chanting "sack em all" to the team. One goal West Ham get a sniff and a bit of belief and we surrendered.

As embarrassing and inept as we were in the 2nd half it was our own doing and had nothing to do with anything Bilic did. West Ham started the second half so badly their amazing salt of the earth fans were chanting "sack em all" to the team. One goal West Ham get a sniff and a bit of belief and we surrendered.

They targetted our right hand side Cresswell was all over Trippier. 90% of their attacks came down there and two of their goals. I'm pretty sure those tactics were down to Bilic

Last edited:
Both actually.
I don't know, an European side don't play the first two rounds, then in the third and fourth round it's likely they'll face a lower league side so a second string team should take care of things and after that, you've got like 3-4 more games before you can lift the cup. It shouldn't be as demanding as it is made to look at this level really.

Airfixx Airfixx don't worry, the rant wasn't taken personally!
:dierpochhug:

To be honest, when my heart rules my head, I want us to go for the cups so fucking hard (especially with Man City looking so nailed on for the title). Poch has his rationale for the way we line up, though, and he's certainly earned our trust.

If in doubt, blame modern football.
:pochsulk:

I don't know, an European side don't play the first two rounds, then in the third and fourth round it's likely they'll face a lower league side so a second string team should take care of things and after that, you've got like 3-4 more games before you can lift the cup. It shouldn't be as demanding as it is made to look at this level really.

Peice of piss, right? : P

Tho... Indeed, which is why i think this 'effects of the domestic cup' narrative is being overstated.

Besides a lot of game time to share round is good when your'e trying to keep together good quality back-ups yet cant afford £150kpw to keep your bench sweet (a la the rest of the top six).

Where the fuck have I said that?!? You are blaming the "club's strategy" for not winning a cup, yet we've made it to many finals and semi-finals. Why isn't it Redknapp's fault for losing to Portsmouth?
It was Redknapp's fault we lost to Portsmouth. I have tried to elimiate the bad feeling after that match from my memory and do not want to rake that up again.
The club's strategy in prioritising the PL & CL is right. However the other top 5 clubs have the same priorities and like us made numerous changes. The difference is we lost they got through. In past years we have played kids who are not ready and the team looked disjointed and stood no chance. I can recall playing Woolwich in a 3rd round match in a bar in Cyprus I think when Redknapp was in charge. As soon as I saw the team I knew we had no chance.
This was different the team selected was the correct balance of resting players and only playing first teamers. We got a 2 goal lead but in 15 mins lost 3 goals. At times in the recent match against Real Madrid we were under the cosh but we did not concede 3 goals in 15 minutes. We should have won and the players on the field have to take the blame for that, not Poch and not the club's strategy.

It was Redknapp's fault we lost to Portsmouth. I have tried to elimiate the bad feeling after that match from my memory and do not want to rake that up again.
The club's strategy in prioritising the PL & CL is right. However the other top 5 clubs have the same priorities and like us made numerous changes. The difference is we lost they got through. In past years we have played kids who are not ready and the team looked disjointed and stood no chance. I can recall playing Woolwich in a 3rd round match in a bar in Cyprus I think when Redknapp was in charge. As soon as I saw the team I knew we had no chance.
This was different the team selected was the correct balance of resting players and only playing first teamers. We got a 2 goal lead but in 15 mins lost 3 goals. At times in the recent match against Real Madrid we were under the cosh but we did not concede 3 goals in 15 minutes. We should have won and the players on the field have to take the blame for that, not Poch and not the club's strategy.
Spot on fella!

Tight squeeze or huge bar?
Not my best English!
I recall watching the match in the bar as there was a loudmouth Woolwich supporter there making the experience worse but the team selected that day showed our reserves were nowhere near the quality of the Woolwich's reserves. Now had we got through and selected the same team in the next round I would rate our chances higher than that year.

I'm interested to see how Poch shows his mettle now. The problem after the two devastating defeats we just suffered.Can be lack of confidence. Its his job as manager to instill confidence back in the team. We gotta bounce back now.

I'm interested to see how Poch shows his mettle now. The problem after the two devastating defeats we just suffered.Can be lack of confidence. Its his job as manager to instill confidence back in the team. We gotta bounce back now.

Be also intriguing to see if Zindane can rally his players after their devastating defeat today.
Personally I doubt it. Weak mentality and confidence at rock bottom.

Be also intriguing to see if Zindane can rally his players after their devastating defeat today.
Personally I doubt it. Weak mentality and confidence at rock bottom.
Two teams low on confidence. Both in desperate need of a result.
Considering a draw will suit both of us I'd say that's the likely outcome....The Special Relationship Derby

Truth hurts doesn't it.

What hurts me more is the youth of today. Hiding behind a computer screen saying things they would never say out in public.

Knowing they wouldn't dare go down the pub start talking about football and say "Yeah Real Madrid is one team who don't have a winning mentality"

Lol could you imagine if someone actually did that!! Lol

What hurts me more is the youth of today. Hiding behind a computer screen saying things they would never say out in public.

Knowing they wouldn't dare go down the pub start talking about football and say "Yeah Real Madrid is one team who don't have a winning mentality"

Lol could you imagine if someone actually did that!! Lol

Youth of today.
:sonlol::vert::eriksenlol::dembelelol:

I'm sure the "Youth of today" wouldn't dream of using "Lol".

“Low on confidence” I see the physiologists have just got back from Hotspur Way having been running their extensive evaluation tests all day. The prognosis is utterly terrible Spurs will never win again. It’s over.

“Low on confidence” I see the physiologists have just got back from Hotspur Way having been running their extensive evaluation tests all day. The prognosis is utterly terrible Spurs will never win again. It’s over.
Pull yourself together man! You sound like you're on the verge of a mental breakdown

Back
Top Bottom