Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is such a false narrative argument made against pep, with the exception of Bayern, the teams he joined weren't the biggest or best teams in the league. He joined Barca after they had come 3rd the season before and were 3 years without winning the league, he promoted the likes of Busquets and Pedro from the youth team and won the treble in his first season, and built probably one of the most exciting and successful club teams in the history of the sport. City came 4th the year before he joined, and whilst he's spent fuck loads since being there, so have Utd and look at the difference, City have become the dominant side in the league, last year racked up the most points ever seen in the prem, he really doesn't have to go to a lesser side to prove anything, he's proved himself in 3 of the 4 top leagues.

He may have joined teams that where under performing at the time (usually the case when they are looking for a new appointment), but there is no denying the resources at his disposal.

Barcas academy is arguably the best in the world. His first two signings at Bayern were Gotze and Thiago, and City isn't even a football club.... its Champ Manager with the infinite money cheat code on. The Der Spegial Football Leaks recently published prove the mentality at the club is "if we want something we just go and buy it whatever the cost and no one can stop us"

I'm not discounting his ability as a coach, I'm saying that its difficult to rank him against others when the playing field isn't level.

Money in football doesn't "guarantee" success anymore but its almost impossible to even be at the table without it now.

It's why Poch has been such an excellent fit for Levy's buisness model at out club, and why he's lasted twice as long as almost any other manager we've had in the last three decades.

Last edited:
Do him good? Do ye know what he does when he gets a red?

He goes to his deaf Grandmother's assisted living place, you know it's a ground floor terrace with a walk in bath. Handles everywhere. Anyway, he goes there, unannounced, but that means fuck all cause the old cunt is deaf, makes himself right at home. But he's no happy. She's watching 15 to 1 repeats wi the wee sign language cunt giving it yeeha in the corner. The volume is through the roof. She assumes he's there for a cup o cocoa like the old days. The old days when he was nice. She fucks off to the kitchen to put a pan o milk on the hob. She's making some din, but The Hood just needed to get away from it all and clear his head. He begins to realise he came to the wrong place. He can't hear himself think. Just been carded off TFC and she's banging around in the cupboards and 15 to 1 for the deaf is fucken blaring away in the corner. Know what he does? Do ye know? He fucken undoes his tweeds and starts trying to fist his own arse right there in her living room. Now he can hear the carriage clock on the mantel as he tries to get another knuckle in. He fucken hates himself. It's all too much but he won't be defeated. He will not. Not again.

Then she comes through with the cocoa. She deaf not blind. Poor cunt.
WTF does this shite have to do with Pochettino?
Admin Admin
how come this doesn't get skipped into the forum dustbin?

This is such a false narrative argument made against pep, with the exception of Bayern, the teams he joined weren't the biggest or best teams in the league. He joined Barca after they had come 3rd the season before and were 3 years without winning the league, he promoted the likes of Busquets and Pedro from the youth team and won the treble in his first season, and built probably one of the most exciting and successful club teams in the history of the sport. City came 4th the year before he joined, and whilst he's spent fuck loads since being there, so have Utd and look at the difference, City have become the dominant side in the league, last year racked up the most points ever seen in the prem, he really doesn't have to go to a lesser side to prove anything, he's proved himself in 3 of the 4 top leagues.
Fanboy!

Same. Joining the best and biggest teams in a country and getting them to win is no achievement at all. Barcelona, Bayern, Mancity all teams where he has the best players . Many manager would win with these teams. Not that impressed with Pep at all.

Same way Messi has to go test himself elsewhere rather than sitting at Barcelona throughout his career to be considered one of the best of all time. So far hes done nothing great with his other team Argentina (even with a team full of talented players)

Kane has to leave Tottenham to prove he's the best striker in the world. He cant just stay here his whole career. That proves nothing.

Edit - Lol at the fucking morons disagreeing with this like it was serious.

Last edited:
Kane has to leave Tottenham to prove he's the best striker in the world. He cant just stay here his whole career. That proves nothing.

Who cares about those sort of labels though? "World Class", "Elite Level", "Best in the World"

Titles like that are completely unquantifiable and belong to the comments sections on social media.

The only person whose opinion matters is Kane's himself and he doesn't seem the type to be bothered by such labels. The big thing for him will be his desire to win multiple trophies, because I've no doubt we will break all sorts of club wage records to keep him if we need to.

Kane has never had the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Villa, Suarez, Coutinho, Neymar, etc as team mates. So hes more than proving himself with a much weaker team than Barcelona to create goals for him. Put Kane in teams like Real Madrid , Barcelona even Man City and hed be scoring 50 a season especially if he was playing in a spanish league where theres top 2 or 3 teams and the rest are many levels below them.

Kane has never had the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Villa, Suarez, Coutinho, Neymar, etc as team mates. So hes more than proving himself with a much weaker team than Barcelona to create goals for him. Put Kane in teams like Real Madrid , Barcelona even Man City and hed be scoring 50 a season especially if he was playing in a spanish league where theres top 2 or 3 teams and the rest are many levels below them.

Ah, so when it's a Spurs player it's fine to be a one club man.

Got ya.

Fucking hell, you planning on driving him to Madrid or just to the airport?!

Some wonderful 'fans' we have on here.

:pochfacepalm:

No. Fuck off.

:dembelefingers:

You even a Spurs fan?

:kaneshh:

Why are you so angry?

Valid question.

You don't seem to grasp the idea of sarcasm, point making or English language. So I assumed you probably weren't English. Calm down.

If I am wrong, so be it. Click on disagree and plod on.

He may have joined teams that where under performing at the time (usually the case when they are looking for a new appointment), but there is no denying the resources at his disposal.

Barcas academy is arguably the best in the world. His first two signings at Bayern were Gotze and Thiago, and City isn't even a football club.... its Champ Manager with the infinite money cheat code on. The Der Spegial Football Leaks recently published prove the mentality at the club is "if we want something we just go and buy it whatever the cost and no one can stop us"

I'm not discounting his ability as a coach, I'm saying that its difficult to rank him against others when the playing field isn't level.

Money in football doesn't "guarantee" success anymore but its almost impossible to even be at the table without it now.

It's why Poch has been such an excellent fit for Levy's buisness model at out club, and why he's lasted twice as long as almost any other manager we've had in the last three decades.
Yeah i'm not comparing him to Poch, what Poch has done here is phenomenal and we don't know how great he could be with unlimited resources.
But trying to downplay Pep's achievements because he's been at the "best" clubs is just quite stupid in my opinion, City have had unlimited cash since what 09 or something, this is by a long way the most dominant they've been in that period. You can rank him against all the other top managers who have worked at the top clubs in their leagues, and his record will come out better than most.
Also people seem to think Barca were like a Real Madrid when he took over, they had a good run under Rijkaard from like 04-06, but they were nowhere near the dominant force they were when Guardiola took over and completely transformed the club, the argument the hood always makes against Poch seems to be the argument many on here make against Guardiola when it comes to Barca. Yeah Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro etc were world class players, but they weren't that before he took over, it's the same with Poch, in 15/16 we had the 2 best fullbacks in the league and probably top 5 in world football, but Walker and Rose were nowhere near that before Poch. Guardiola improves every team he takes over, not just by signing the best players but from his coaching, look at people like Sterling, even players like de bryune were not what they are right now.

Why are you so angry?

Valid question.

You don't seem to grasp the idea of sarcasm, point making or English language. So I assumed you probably weren't English. Calm down.

If I am wrong, so be it. Click on disagree and plod on.

You think the.original post I was replying to (not to you by the way but like many on here you like to stick your oar in where it isn't wanted) is definitely sarcasm?

Maybe it is maybe not but it reads as being serious hence my reply.

If it wasn't then I apologise to the op, you though can fucking do one.

You think the.original post I was replying to (not to you by the way but like many on here you like to stick your oar in where it isn't wanted) is definitely sarcasm?

Maybe it is maybe not but it reads as being serious hence my reply.

If it wasn't then I apologise to the op, you though can fucking do one.

I replied to you because you disagreed with MY post in which you clearly thought I wanted Kane to leave Spurs (Shock, MDG reads a post wrong).

I never said adasai's post was sarcasm. But you're going on like HE also wants Kane to leave which again if you READ the fucking post is not true. So basically, you've disagreed with 2 posts because you read them wrong and got aggressive over nothing. Odd.

Anyway, you feeling alright mate? You didn't disagree with the last post. Better get on that.

I replied to you because you disagreed with MY post in which you clearly thought I wanted Kane to leave Spurs (Shock, MDG reads a post wrong).

I never said adasai's post was sarcasm. But you're going on like HE also wants Kane to leave which again if you READ the fucking post is not true. So basically, you've disagreed with 2 posts because you read them wrong and got aggressive over nothing. Odd.

Anyway, you feeling alright mate? You didn't disagree with the last post. Better get on that.

Whatever.

You're not a Spurs fan anyway so who gives a fuck what you think.

Whatever.

You're not a Spurs fan anyway so who gives a fuck what you think.

Wait, you mean this ISNT a forum dedicated to cock fighting!?

Shit.

Oh and you clearly do, hence the disagrees and continuous quoting of my posts. Means alot that you care though babe x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom