Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something is up with poch at the moment. His mannerisms on the sideline are nothing like before. He sits beside Jesus looking disinterested. Looks like his fire inside is just embers at the moment.
I think I may have touched on this before, but what do you expect when he said the club needed to be brave, and then we act like a bunch of miserly cowards and pull his pants down while all his rivals get new tools to work with.
I think there's a battle going on behind the scenes.
There's only one winner unfortunately

Undoubtedly he is very disappointed that we didn't bring in a single fucking player in the summer, although he won't complain about it in public. It all boils up after another disappointing loss and I don't think he was very happy with himself either after those subs.. The only medicine is a couple of wins in a row.

Last edited:
He just lost 3 in a row for the first time ever at Spurs (I think!). I can understand why he is angry. I don’t think he’s lost the players, though, that always seems to have been his strong suit. A lot of non football shit going on in the background now, though. It’s a lot.

Let’s see how he handles this. The next few weeks is going to say a lot about where this club is at in more ways than one.

He just lost 3 in a row for the first time ever at Spurs (I think!). I can understand why he is angry. I don’t think he’s lost the players, though, that always seems to have been his strong suit. A lot of non football shit going on in the background now, though. It’s a lot.

Let’s see how he handles this. The next few weeks is going to say a lot about where this club is at in more ways than one.
It’s been crazy beginning of the season with far too many distractions. This weekends game feels like a make or break moment already

This will be the making of us.

We haven’t had a crisis or this kind of pressure in his tenure.
Suddenly we’re in free fall?

We didn’t sign anyone, we were weak, we would struggle and finish 7th. Right?

Yet everyone’s surprised we’ve lost some games.

Last edited:
No doubt the lack of signings and stadium delay have had a depressive effect on the whole club. This is not what this season was supposed to be.

It's easy to get frustrated but we have to keep going. We still have a great team and we are losing games we should be winning.

It is quite funny to see how ppl (who have this in their agenda ANYWAYS) lament the lack of signings or ANY issues whatsoever.

Last season we had Juve hanging on to very slight lifeline. We showed in the away game that current crop of players were able to outplay them with ease. But we were outfoxed with two cleaver moves and lost the tie from being ahead.
In EPL at Wembley we were much better than ManU. And in cruitial moment in FA semis we lost (ah, 2:1 from being 0:1 up, does that seem like a pattern now?).
Season earlier we managed to outplay Chelsea at home 2:0. Come the FA semis, we experimented with Son as a fullback, and got bettered. In ALL of those occasions he had same players at his disposal, but under pressure we haven't been able to get those things over the line. So how in the hell is it down to our players / squad reinforcements. Same yesterday - we were in control and 1:0 up!! We lost this game more than Inter won. Sorry but this is a freakin pattern under Poch and it is not down to have new signings or not.
Add here Chelsea game in Lester title winning season and West Ham league game next year as well. I see very little progress up to now.

Some fair points but we have always been short of a game changer and we have lived on false dreams. We deluded ourselves that the first 11 couldn't improve , players like Dier, Dembele aging etc.
We sat back , lived on failed glory but never pushed at board level to give Poch that final ingredient , or Harry R , it's a pattern that will never resolve itself.
The last 2 years are the best it will ever be under these restrictions .

I dont think there is a manager out there that is more suited to this clubs situation than poch . Only maybe klopp . But he has needed a fortune to improve Liverpool this season .
No doubt the lack of signings and stadium delay have had a depressive effect on the whole club. This is not what this season was supposed to be.

It's easy to get frustrated but we have to keep going. We still have a great team and we are losing games we should be winning.
Agree about the season etc . But we don’t have a great team mate , we really don’t .

Some fair points but we have always been short of a game changer and we have lived on false dreams. We deluded ourselves that the first 11 couldn't improve , players like Dier, Dembele aging etc.
We sat back , lived on failed glory but never pushed at board level to give Poch that final ingredient , or Harry R , it's a pattern that will never resolve itself.
The last 2 years are the best it will ever be under these restrictions .

In the instances that so many are pissed about, we never even needed game changer.
We needed to see off the games, as we already were in the lead! But we do not seem to have ability or knowledge how to do that.

What is the final ingridient in this context?!? you can always lament on improvements until we have Messi, Mbappe, Lewandowski front line and Kante, Hazard, Modric midfield. That does not change the fact that in othe circumstances we have managed to win over the same teams with same squads, but when pressure mounts we don't do well.

In the instances that so many are pissed about, we never even needed game changer.
We needed to see off the games, as we already were in the lead! But we do not seem to have ability or knowledge how to do that.

What is the final ingridient in this context?!? you can always lament on improvements until we have Messi, Mbappe, Lewandowski front line and Kante, Hazard, Modric midfield. That does not change the fact that in othe circumstances we have managed to win over the same teams with same squads, but when pressure mounts we don't do well.
Mate

With better players, over the course of a season those moments become balanced by the quality giving us better attack/defence.

If we had more quality maybe the same shit would have happened.. But we had a 2-3 goal lead instead. Maybe it would have been worse!

Does that mean we shouldn't change in case we risk being the same or even worse? No because that's dumb. Recruit properly and you play with the possibility that you are more likely than not a better team capable of better moments in matches.

Back
Top Bottom