Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is pathetic to look back at previous years and use that as a rod to those who are irked about the last couple of performances, which obviously are partially down to the manager. Should we compare to Bill Nicholson's tenure??

I doubt there are many posters who would argue that Pochettino has been anything but brilliant for both us and Levy in the round. 5 years at a club nowadays is proof of that.

As fans however of one of the biggest clubs by nearly all standards (elite aside) we rightly have expectation.

I do however feel that Pochettino should have this season as a transitional one. Our lack of signings and issues around the stadium lend themselves to that being a sensible approach but the fear will be the impact on our players' commitment to the club.

For me though, Pochettino cannot take for granted that he will get an easy ride regardless. Ian Wright I see is the latest to slate our non-performance on Saturday (our worst under him in his opinion) and in that regard it really needs to be a one-off.

Nothing too much is wrong that a good performance or two won't put right but Pochettino needs to not abuse the buffer his new contract has evidently given him because whatever he or others may think he is yet to quieten the minds of those who ask can he get us over the line.

I've definitely heard a quote about cows and trains before...been wracking my brains all morning...it's like something Bielsa would come out with...

Pochettino explains shock omission of Tottenham pair - Football365

“It’s a technical decision. What does it mean? It’s a technical decision. You can look it up, find it in the dictionary. A technical decision. Tactical is on the pitch.

“Yeah, maybe tactical is outside of the pitch too. But it’s technical decision, tactical decision, it’s a decision in the end.

“You cannot bring 25 players. You can only play 11 players with seven on the bench. That is the reason.

“You are clever enough to try to understand. This is my fifth season, I never punish players because you win or lose.

“It’s the plan. The plan is keep them (in London) and use different players to play tomorrow.

“There’s nothing behind the decision. It’s only that we’re going to play with different players tomorrow.

“Like when you play with Toby or Kieran, it’s another player out. The best position is to play with different players.”

The best position is to play with different players.”

tenor-1.gif

I think since we got beaten first time by City last season we have lost another 3 games in the league
3 of the 4 league games have been City and Liverpool.
Lost one CL tie last year in 8 v Juve
The FA cup semi v United.

4 losses in I think it’s 23 league games

Times are fucking tough
We lose too much.

Last edited:
I think since we got beaten first time by City last season we have lost another 3 games in the league, 1 CL tie and a semi final.
3 of the 4 league games have been City and Liverpool.
The CL tie v Juve
The semi v United.

4 losses in I think it’s 23 league games
I loss in 8 CL games

Times are fucking tough
But we've lost 100% of our last match. No one's memory stretches further than that these days

Poch got it right for most of the evening, an 8/10.

But the two parts he got wrong lost us the game.

Mistake 1: Harry Kane

Mistake 2: Rose at the death

Subbing Kane for Rose was a mistake, meant we had no out ball and also removed a decent defensive player at set pieces.

Not sure Lamela for Winks really worked either, we were in control.

Is he being too nice, too weak at the moment? I want him to go fucking apeshit at them for losing three on the spin. There seems to be a lack of heart at the moment somewhere in the team. I wonder if he feels let down after saying now is the time to be brave? I get the impression that the board cunted him over a bit with their stinginess. How can the same set of players look so different to what we know they can be?

Is he being too nice, too weak at the moment? I want him to go fucking apeshit at them for losing three on the spin. There seems to be a lack of heart at the moment somewhere in the team. I wonder if he feels let down after saying now is the time to be brave? I get the impression that the board cunted him over a bit with their stinginess. How can the same set of players look so different to what we know they can be?

Because they haven't got the fitness that a proper pre-season gives you and haven't had enough time on the training pitch to get the patterns of play sorted.

We will be fine in a few weeks, but annoyingly we've played some tough games whilst we are at our weakest.

I'd like to think Poch has control over an influential tight-knit dressing room.

I actually thought Eriksen looked back to his best today. It might just be because he was further forward in a 4231 and the familiarity suited him more. Lucas and Lamela didn't do harm to their chances of starting against Brighton at all, so that's the three behind our striker sorted. Now he needs to decide whether to start Son or keep going with Kane in the hope that continuous familiarisation of 4231 helps his game.

Problem now is our last 3 games have seen a completely different defence. We've lost each of them. Watford we had 3 at the back, Liverpool we played Trippier, Toby, Jan and Rose and today with Aurier, Sanchez, Jan and Davies. So what the fuck is he going to do against Brighton?

Back
Top Bottom