Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joe Lewis is interested in one thing and one thing only. His own personal long term financial gain...He made his billions off the back of others misfortune so I wouldnt get too excited.
I remember when we were spunking millions on the magnificent 7.

There were people on here convinced the old cunt was dying and had Spurs winning the league on his bucket list.
Then we sold Bale and recouped the lot. Ah..the memories.

People die. What about a legacy? How much does anyone nred?

What do you make of the Davinson contract extension - defensive stance from the club, a sign of intent or just rewarding a good season?.

And do you think there is more to follow in terms of our biggest quintet?

Gonna be my first summer on this forum can see it’s gonna be a treat...

On a serious not 150 million might be a bit extreme surely 50 plus money generated by selling shit like Llorentte, Nkoudou, Sissoko, Jansen. And possibly selling squad players like Vorm, Rose and Aurier. Should be enough to get the two CMs we need and a proper striker. Although Sessengon would also be nice

Just realised I responded to the wrong post. Someone mentioned he'd be present at the Levy/Poch showdown though
Showdown LOL
tumblr_nnalwj5EWs1s2f16eo2_r1_400.gif

On a serious not 150 million might be a bit extreme surely 50 plus money generated by selling shit like Llorentte, Nkoudou, Sissoko, Jansen. And possibly selling squad players like Vorm, Rose and Aurier. Should be enough to get the two CMs we need and a proper striker. Although Sessengon would also be nice

Aurier isn’t going anywhere. Rose probably won’t be going anywhere seeing as it looks like Everton are the only ones in for him and I can’t imagine he will want to leave us for that shower of shit.

How much would we get for Llorente, Nkoudou, Sissoko & Jansen? Probably 35m max I reckon. I heard vorms out of contract. You would think aurier gets another season to prove himself. Even rose we might struggle to get more than 30m for because of injuries/form/wanting out.

Aurier isn’t going anywhere. Rose probably won’t be going anywhere seeing as it looks like Everton are the only ones in for him and I can’t imagine he will want to leave us for that shower of shit.

I imagine Aurier will get an extra season. But wouldn’t surprise me if United come back in for Rose. As long as we don’t offer him an improved contract I’m not fussed as he doesn’t deserve it

How much would we get for Llorente, Nkoudou, Sissoko & Jansen? Probably 35m max I reckon. I heard vorms out of contract. You would think aurier gets another season to prove himself. Even rose we might struggle to get more than 30m for because of injuries/form/wanting out.

Depends on where we sell them some loon in China would probably pay big bucks for Sissoko. But if we get 35 as you say plus the 50 from just the CL money, that should still be enough to bring in some quality depth

Pochettino and Tottenham's third-place 'disappointment' - Football365

"Joy of sixth
Tottenham beat Leicester 5-4 to finish third in the Premier League on Sunday. The gap to champions Manchester City was a gargantuan 23 points, but only four points separated them from runners-up Manchester United.

In his review of the Premier League season for BBC Sport, Phil McNulty expresses his ‘disappointment that no title challenge materialised’. It feels a little unfair, considering they were no better than fourth-favourites in the pre-season betting.

It feels even more unfair when you consider that McNulty predicted them to finish sixth at the start of the season. They’ve overachieved, if anything.

Spurred on
Writes a breathless Darren Lewis in the first paragraph of his report from Wembley:

‘Epic, exhilarating and at times exhausting even trying to keep up.’

Considering Lewis deleted a tweet at half-time from the game stating that the score was 0-0, you’d better believe him.

HotchPoch
As well as a report on the nine-goal classic, Lewis serves up some intriguing Mauricio Pochettino quotes for the Daily Mirror. They even make the back page. But by the time it reaches the Daily Mirror website, they decide that a headline of ‘Poch wants Mour money’ simply will not do. Manager asks for more money to spend. Who on earth is going to read that?

On the other hand, how many people are likely to click on ‘Pochettino hints at Spurs exit unless he gets big money to challenge for titles’? You know the answer.

They are not alone. The Sun go as far as splashing a picture of a moody-looking Pochettino on their back page, claiming that the manager ‘threw his Spurs future into doubt’ in a ‘remarkable post-match press conference’.

Those Pochettino quotes in question?

“We need to talk a lot between us and the club. I think I have a very clear idea of what we need to do. I don’t know if the club will agree with me or not, but we are going to talk next week to create what I think we need to do together again, to try to improve. That is a little bit up to Daniel and the club, of course, to agree with us because, after four years, I think we need to assess that period if we want to compete for big, big trophies. I think all that we achieved until today is fantastic but it will be so important to create again."

“I think they’re going to listen to me, of course, but sometimes I have some crazy ideas. But you need to be brave in this kind of situation, in our club with our unbelievable fans, and take risks. I think it’s a moment for the club to take risks and try to be competitive. I am sure Daniel is going to listen to me and of course we can create together to help the team to move on.”

It almost sounds more like an annual review than ‘hinting at an exit’, and certainly not ‘remarkable’. It would be weird if they didn’t talk about the future this summer.

Who could blame Pochettino for leaving anyway? Perhaps the ‘disappointment’ of finishing third having been backed to come sixth will just be too much."

Apologies if this has been posted already but I think some here need to read, re-read and print out and put up on their walls.

Agree with him about paying proper salaries to world class players, because other clubs will; that’s something that has to be adjusted to keep the genuine elite players at the club.

But it’s his tactics, not lack of finance, that are the primary reason this squad hasn’t won anything in the past 3 years. He was embarrassingly naive against City with his high line and perpetual pressing into the traps Guardiola set, while that United team, in terms of talent, had no business beating us in the semi-final; it was Mourinho’s nous that once again made Pochettino look like a novice, just like Allegri did.

Let him go to Chelsea, and replace him with a winner; Conte has been on strike all season because he wants a squad like this, and he’d win titles with it. As would Simeone, Allegri, Mourinho etc; I’d even back Rafa and LVG to put trophies in the cabinet.

He idolises Bielsa, another lauded loser. This club needs success now, and he has proven he isn’t the man to provide it.
Simeone has not won anything last 4 seasons.

I read earlier about the chelsea interest story. And then I took a shit and studied my own poop for a while. Looking at my own shit was far more informative, than that lazy non-story.
Even IF Poch goes, and I am inclined to believe he will stay, there is not a chance in hell that he would go to a London rival.

Why would he step down, anyway?!

:troll:

Agree with him about paying proper salaries to world class players, because other clubs will; that’s something that has to be adjusted to keep the genuine elite players at the club.

But it’s his tactics, not lack of finance, that are the primary reason this squad hasn’t won anything in the past 3 years. He was embarrassingly naive against City with his high line and perpetual pressing into the traps Guardiola set, while that United team, in terms of talent, had no business beating us in the semi-final; it was Mourinho’s nous that once again made Pochettino look like a novice, just like Allegri did.

Let him go to Chelsea, and replace him with a winner; Conte has been on strike all season because he wants a squad like this, and he’d win titles with it. As would Simeone, Allegri, Mourinho etc; I’d even back Rafa and LVG to put trophies in the cabinet.

He idolises Bielsa, another lauded loser. This club needs success now, and he has proven he isn’t the man to provide it.
Jesus wept.....its embarrassing that they let you know near a keyboard to write this gumpf and even more embarrassing that you call yourself a supporter of this club. :goonermong:

Joe Lewis is interested in one thing and one thing only. His own personal long term financial gain...He made his billions off the back of others misfortune so I wouldnt get too excited.
I remember when we were spunking millions on the magnificent 7.

There were people on here convinced the old cunt was dying and had Spurs winning the league on his bucket list.
Then we sold Bale and recouped the lot. Ah..the memories.
Long term financial gain!!! The man's 81 he doesn't have a long term anything...

With memories of last summer’s transfer thread mega-cuntoff, believe me this is only the beginning.... Probably safest to log out now and back in in August!
I forgot about that. I almost wish there was some sort of non-aggression pact where we all agree to treat speculation as just that...speculation until we see a player in our shirt or that of another team.
Yes its fun to read the rumours but that is all they are and even more so these days that we don't let any info out unlike in Harry's day.

I forgot about that. I almost wish there was some sort of non-aggression pact where we all agree to treat speculation as just that...speculation until we see a player in our shirt or that of another team.
Yes its fun to read the rumours but that is all they are and even more so these days that we don't let any info out unlike in Harry's day.

#1000pluspages

:angryscouser:

:smesh:

Back
Top Bottom