Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cannot understand the link to PSG,the world's richest club who can afford any Manager. Poch has not won anything and his strengths are developing young players and team spirit. PSG will have highly expensive players and expect to win the CL or will change the Manager. Just think that they will go with a more experienced Manager that has done it all.

Cannot understand the link to PSG,the world's richest club who can afford any Manager. Poch has not won anything and his strengths are developing young players and team spirit. PSG will have highly expensive players and expect to win the CL or will change the Manager. Just think that they will go with a more experienced Manager that has done it all.
I think it is his history with the club that feeds into this link a lot. He used to play for PSG so the journos spin that

Agree with much of that and I think Pochettino would prefer to do it his way at this stage of his managerial career.

I would think Conte if he parts company with Chelsea.

rouble
Poch needs to react quicker tactically in games. ive said it , I hope no one noticed.
trouble is too many keep telling him he's doing a great job, or there's nothing he could change on Wednesday night,
if you don't think you are wrong there is no need to change

rouble trouble is too many keep telling him he's doing a great job, or there's nothing he could change on Wednesday night,
if you don't think you are wrong there is no need to change
Its common knowledge that Massimiliano Allegri changes formation with 20 minutes to go. Does it every game apparently. On the night he does it with around 30 mins to go. We stayed the same and got punished . We should have reacted immediately and nullified the threat.They made the change after beating us up for 15 minutes then hit us with counter punch twice?

Not so much winning the occasional game ugly but knowing how and when certain parts of certain games need to be managed a tad better.... Let's be honest that after juve changed their tactics on Wednesday, did any one player have a captain style rant and reorganisation after the first goal...you know, sit back, keep it tight, drop back in and take the sting out of the game?
I think this is where an outfield captain can have maybe more influence....hate the bloke, but would a Roy Keane leader style have tightened things up?
Pure speculation and happy to be shot down.
But....I would say that this year's CL has been amazing and given us amazing moments....here's to more next year with poch, with Kane, with Alli etc and back at the lane! Sometimes, maybe, players have to truly experience the heartbreaking moments to become the hardened stony warriors that make sure they don't feel that ever again
Am proud of the team for this year and the last three years...some amazing times.
COYS!:pochhail::kanegoal::tobyarm:

Ps I love sonny and the pure unadulterated passion he showed
:sonpoint:

Said exactly the same thing to my old man after the game, why wasn't there anyone on the pitch organising and seeing the problems that were being caused.
Yes Poch could have acted quicker, but so could the players.

With Pep, he's all conquering but no substance. Maybe PSG want to build layers and Poch would be the man. He would set it up nicely for the future as he's done with us.

Yes.

But to be honest there should be players out there with a voice.
I think we have that voice on the field. Our team is full of them. It's always a default option to say there aren't any when we lose, yet forgetting the games we hung in and got a result, like in Turin, like a last minute winner at Palace. Far to convenient to say there are no leaders after we lose. We rallied after their 2nd and they were hanging on with last ditch blocks left right and centre.

Yes.

But to be honest there should be players out there with a voice.

I think we have that voice on the field. Our team is full of them. It's always a default option to say there aren't any when we lose, yet forgetting the games we hung in and got a result, like in Turin, like a last minute winner at Palace. Far to convenient to say there are no leaders after we lose. We rallied after their 2nd and they were hanging on with last ditch blocks left right and centre.

On this occasion its down to Poch. The players would have been drilled into what job they have to do and in what formation. If Poch made changes quicker, the balance of the team would have changed. I just feel Juve caught us quickly before we could react, thats football. Another day you get the result.

Its common knowledge that Massimiliano Allegri changes formation with 20 minutes to go. Does it every game apparently. On the night he does it with around 30 mins to go. We stayed the same and got punished . We should have reacted immediately and nullified the threat.They made the change after beating us up for 15 minutes then hit us with counter punch twice?
We lost due to individual mistakes. Sorry, but you’re way off on this. We were controlling the match. There was no need to change. We simply lost it through naivety and a lack of concentration.

On this occasion its down to Poch. The players would have been drilled into what job they have to do and in what formation. If Poch made changes quicker, the balance of the team would have changed. I just feel Juve caught us quickly before we could react, thats football. Another day you get the result.
The only change to make was what though? There is no way we will change the entire way we were playing and drop off and defend our box. So it would have to have been to drop a midfielder into the back 4 so that Davies could get wide to Lichtenstiner. Or bring on a sub, which would never have happened as the ball never went out of play from the first goal to the 2nd goal, so even had we had a sub warmed up and ready to go (which we wouldn't have) we wouldn't have been able to deploy one.

Again, making subs or making changes still doesn't mean that would have prevented a goal, a change of formation doesn't mean it stops an individual error from occurring. Poch trusts this team, as he did in Turin, to continue to play and find a way.

I'm probably scratching around for positives from midweek, but I think it makes him less attractive to other 'big clubs' that might try and entice him away. I can also easily convince myself that he will have learnt from it and both be layng plans to strengthen the squad, and forming pans to improve his own tactical responses.

Yes but the thing is it wasn't a case of hanging on, it was obvious to everyone the game had changed in pretty much a split second, as professional footballers they should see this as well as the manager. At any level you adjust to the situation.
I'm in no way digging out the performance, we were superb and very unlucky.

Yes but the thing is it wasn't a case of hanging on, it was obvious to everyone the game had changed in pretty much a split second, as professional footballers they should see this as well as the manager. At any level you adjust to the situation.
I'm in no way digging out the performance, we were superb and very unlucky.
I get that but making an error doesn't always mean we didn't react to the switch, we have dealt with loads of crosses from loads of different teams, we didn't deal with theirs when Lichtsteiner crossed it but because Lichtsteiner was part of that tactical switch the narrative is then set.

Did we deal with a tactical switch may be not but it's not as black and white as that in my book.

Same when a manager makes a sub and a switch and it doesn't work, he gets blamed because he didn't do it sooner, implying that the sub is a 100% certainty to score.

I get that but making an error doesn't always mean we didn't react to the switch, we have dealt with loads of crosses from loads of different teams, we didn't deal with theirs when Lichtsteiner crossed it but because Lichtsteiner was part of that tactical switch the narrative is then set.

Did we deal with a tactical switch may be not but it's not as black and white as that in my book.

Same when a manager makes a sub and a switch and it doesn't work, he gets blamed because he didn't do it sooner, implying that the sub is a 100% certainty to score.

Anyway that's me done, I'm trying to get over Wednesday lol

Possibly blinkered cos this is how Tottenham do things but teams such as Real,Bayern,PSG ect can buy who they want and more often than not they are established experienced players for their previous club and most likely country! Now to me watching that after a while must be tedious you will get to know what player can or can't do,what the whole team can or can't do? Besides watching a young player with no experience develop Winks,Kane,Dele and get turned into very good player now that must be the same if not more satisfying to a manager who does it? This is obviously the remit at Tottenham the chairman is obviously happy the manager is happy to take on this challenge, at the teams mentioned and a few more not mentioned where's the challenge? Especially for the likes of pochettino? if in time we win one trophy,just one it would mean more than winning ten with one of the cash rich teams! Speaking as a fan though probably doesn't work like that......

Back
Top Bottom