Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fuckin hate Madrid... always trying to take from us

Yeah. I don't even see how Poch would be a good fit for them, the press keep on reminding us that he's never won a trophy.....unless you win EVERY trophy EVERY year at Madrid you get sacked.

Unless they are prepared to let him start again and take 2 to 3 seasons building towards winning the league they are barking up the wrong tree.

Yeah. I don't even see how Poch would be a good fit for them, the press keep on reminding us that he's never won a trophy.....unless you win EVERY trophy EVERY year at Madrid you get sacked.

Unless they are prepared to let him start again and take 2 to 3 seasons building towards winning the league they are barking up the wrong tree.

I think the only reason Madrid would want Poch is because they know this is the only chance they would have of getting Kane.......

"My commitment is massive [to Spurs]. I am working like I am going to be here forever.

How surprising that gets swept under the carpet

It’s not getting swept under the carpet because In the next sentence he completely renders this void by stating that anything can happen in football.

If anyone really believes that he would turn down Real are either in denial or are delusional. There is no grand media conspiracy here, it’s simply called reality.

It’s not getting swept under the carpet because In the next sentence he completely renders this void by stating that anything can happen in football.

If anyone really believes that he would turn down Real are either in denial or are delusional. There is no grand media conspiracy here, it’s simply called reality.

So why couldn't he turn down real?

I wonder how the online warriors are handling this news, the one's that constantly say "he's shit because he's won nothing". Many seem to be delighted by this news and are jumping up and down for joy, odd behaviour given their stance on him. Makes you wonder why the biggest teams in the world would be interested in such a shit manager.

He can do what he wants but he isn’t going to turn down the biggest club in the game, no one does. And him leaving the door open with that statement tells it’s own story.

Ok, if you say so! This biggest club in the world is the same one we beat at Wembley?
Who really know what will happen, but I like to think we could be the biggest club In the world again In 5 years time!
I guess it all depends if Poch thinks he is good enough to awake the sleeping giant, or he prefers the easy option and goes and wins a few cups in Spain and gets sacked as soon as he has a bad season......

He can do what he wants but he isn’t going to turn down the biggest club in the game, no one does. And him leaving the door open with that statement tells it’s own story.
Our Sanchez did, and Eriksen. Did you really expect him to name every club in the world? And the Barca job is pretty big no? If he’s willing to rule out one of the biggest jobs in football because of an allegiance to another club, it shows the man is not all about money.

I wonder how the online warriors are handling this news, the one's that constantly say "he's shit because he's won nothing". Many seem to be delighted by this news and are jumping up and down for joy, odd behaviour given their stance on him. Makes you wonder why the biggest teams in the world would be interested in such a shit manager.

I take it you are talking about other clubs supporters because I haven’t seen any one in our fanbase do this.

Our Sanchez did, and Eriksen. Did you really expect him to name every club in the world? And the Barca job is pretty big no? If he’s willing to rule out one of the biggest jobs in football because of an allegiance to another club, it shows the man is not all about money.

Sanchez turned down Barca because he stated he wanted to join a club where he would play. He would have that Ajax, he wouldn’t have had that at Barca. Do you really believe that he would turn down the opportunity now where he would walk into their team? They are the club of choice for any South American.

As for Erisken, well I very much doubt anyone of the elite clubs where in for him because if they had been he wouldn’t have ended signing for us for just £11 million.

The one club Poch could never join direct is Woolwich, no one will ever attempt that again. The Barcelona position is admirable on his part but if he was really committed to staying with us he could equally make an adamant statement about how he would reject any offers that may come in. Instead he stated the ‘ anything could happen’ which is a usual sign of interest.

Sanchez turned down Barca because he stated he wanted to join a club where he would play. He would have that Ajax, he wouldn’t have had that at Barca. Do you really believe that he would turn down the opportunity now where he would walk into their team? They are the club of choice for any South American.

As for Erisken, well I very much doubt anyone of the elite clubs where in for him because if they had been he wouldn’t have ended signing for us for just £11 million.

The one club Poch could never join direct is Woolwich, no one will ever attempt that again. The Barcelona position is admirable on his part but if he was really committed to staying with us he could equally make an adamant statement about how he would reject any offers that may come in. Instead he stated the ‘ anything could happen’ which is a usual sign of interest.

Ffs he said anything could happen and continued to say that Levy could change his mind and sack him. He implied that currently him leaving would only be Levy's choice.

I realise I'm relatively new here but why do you support a team that seemingly brings u no joy whatsoever?

No one can say what will happen in the future though.

I have no intention of quitting my job, but if someone said "will you be there forever?" of course the answer has to be "who knows"

What else could it be. His statement about Spurs was a concrete one. The rest was "you never know what could happen later"

No but given that there is almost universal praise of the man across all of the Spurs forums I would be suprised to hear that is suddenly different on Twitter.

the way I see it is if you are a proper supporter, as in you watch as many games as possible, go to as many games as possible and you see the club as a big part of your life your more likely to join a spurs forum, if you just follow the club and check the results etc, your more likely to go on twitter and slag of the manager , players etc after a bad result, where you didn't watch the game but your annoyed as city won, and your mate supports city......
Where as on the forums the majority know we are in a better place now with Poch than we have been for a long time!

Why should he have to say ‘I’ll manage Tottenham as long as they’ll have me’? Just to satisfy some people. He’s even intimated that much. Why should he back himself into a corner? We could be bought tomorrow by a regime that he’s dissatisfied with. That’s why he left Southampton after all. I’d say he’s been pretty clear on where his immediate future lies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom