Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From that, Poch on Levy;

“The dream is impossible without you and your help. You believed in me, you trusted me and for me that is the most important thing. I don’t want to be so kind with Daniel because Daniel knows more than me sometimes we have some differences but I am in love with him because he is the person who, three-and-a-half years ago, gave me the possibility to be here and write history at this amazing club. To be here is more than a pleasure. I am so happy.”

Is anyone else a little bit cautious regarding the attitude towards Pochettino and how he's becoming bigger than the club?

I know we all love him but with all the plaudits and attention he's attracting, I fear he's slowly becoming more of a name than the actual club he's employed by.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but what are your thoughts towards it?

Is anyone else a little bit cautious regarding the attitude towards Pochettino and how he's becoming bigger than the club?

I know we all love him but with all the plaudits and attention he's attracting, I fear he's slowly becoming more of a name than the actual club he's employed by.

He's becoming bigger but it's together with the club. He's the first to deflect praise onto the players and empathise the importance of the entire club behind the scenes.

I want him to have more and more power tbh. Will happily take a Poch dictatorship. He's changed this club.

Nope, the bigger the better. My hope is there will one day be a statue of him outside. He deserves it all and on top of that he's a model human being.

No more than Bill Nicholson, Matt Busby, Bill Shankly, Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson...it's par for the course for great managers. Has to win a trophy to really cement it though, but it took Fergie 4 years to win one at Utd.

No more than Bill Nicholson, Matt Busby, Bill Shankly, Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson...it's par for the course for great managers. Has to win a trophy to really cement it though, but it took Fergie 4 years to win one at Utd.

I just watched that BBC doc about Shankly (proper cringey).
As with the other greats he built an ethos throughout the club. Connected with the fans and community, promoted local youth, etc.
It was team-oriented rather than player-oriented which seems to have been forgotten these days.

If Poch can emulate these managers in this era of state-funded, oil-doped football it will be a complete revolution.
Long may he reign.

Spurs-legends.jpg

I believe he is genuine and if he is regarded as the face of this club, then I'm more than happy with that.

The main problem with Poch saying he is prioritising the PL and CL is days like today. It is the first time I have seen Spurs regress in the league. He has to take some responsibility for our record away against the top 6. Even under worse managers we have believed and achieved more difficult results. I have no issue with him writing off the cups or derbies etc., because he has improved elsewhere and asked to be judged elsewhere, but if he starts going backwards in those places too then he is open for a hell of a lot of criticism in that department... which he wouldn't get at all if we were still in the League Cup or didn't lose to our three main rivals.

We have won only four of their past 86 games away to Woolwich. Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. Add to that the fact we have won 1 trophy in 18 years and this needs to change.

Back
Top Bottom