Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Travesty of a team? Our worst league placing this decade is 6th and we have only finished outside of that placing once in the last 12 years. He inherited a side that contained the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Erisken Dembele, Rose and Walker so let’s not pretend as if he inherited the Spurs side of the ‘90s. I love how the notion that critiquing of the qualities of our manager somehow results in a poster being a Wum or troll. That such statement can be made on a discussion board.

Because Rose and Walker were so good before Poch arrived. You’re talking out of your arse again.

Its ridiculous to not hold the manager accountable for away form against our rivals. Of course he is responsible after nearly three and a half seasons of poor shows.

That doesnt mean he is just another Jol, thats the most pathetic thing Ive heard, but to absolve Poch is just being a clappy fan boy

Its ridiculous to not hold the manager accountable for away form against our rivals. Of course he is responsible after nearly three and a half seasons of poor shows.

That doesnt mean he is just another Jol, thats the most pathetic thing Ive heard, but to absolve Poch is just being a clappy fan boy

Agreed. It goes hand in hand.

You can't praise Pochettino for our performances, home form last season etc. if you can't then blame him for the fact we have won 1 game away from home against the top clubs since he's arrived.

Mourinho’s record in that department is even worse. Fact is it’s very difficult playing away against the top 6.

Because Rose and Walker were so good before Poch arrived. You’re talking out of your arse again.

Actually yes, Rose was one of the few positives of the AVB era whilst Walker had been our first team right back for years, had won young player of the year and was an England international. If you are going to insist on following me around then please try to not make it so easy.

And who said he was another Jol? The point was that like Redknapp like Jol their is a clear weakness against the elite sides away from home. Their records are comparable, that is undeniable.

Actually yes, Rose was one of the few positives of the AVB era whilst Walker had been our first team right back for years, had won young player of the year and was an England international. If you are going to insist on following me around then please try to not make it so easy.

Rose was terrible under AVB, everyone was desperate for a proper left back who could defend and not leave Verts with everything to do and Luke Shaw and Davies where touted as replacements.

His transformation under Poch has been remarkable, either than or AVB didn’t have a fucking clue.

Rose was terrible under AVB, everyone was desperate for a proper left back who could defend and not leave Verts with everything to do and Luke Shaw and Davies where touted as replacements.

His transformation under Poch has been remarkable, either than or AVB didn’t have a fucking clue.

He wasn’t terrible, he came back from Sunderland after being their best player and impressed. I know his because I didn’t particular rate him previously and was impressed by the turnaround. He has undoubtly moved onto another level since then but let’s not pretend that he wasn’t a good player prior to Poch’s arrival.

He wasn’t terrible, he came back from Sunderland after being their best player and impressed. I know his because I didn’t particular rate him previously and was impressed by the turnaround. He has undoubtly moved onto another level since then but let’s not pretend that he wasn’t a good player prior to Poch’s arrival.

Rose may have been ok at Sunderland but he regularly awful for us under AVB, he never tracked back, his positioning was all over the shop and it put so much pressure on Verts.

All the match threads at the time always had Rose as our most moaned at player and for often good reason. He looked unfit and disinterested under AVB, maybe slight improvement under Sherwood.

Today was a off day,OK the opposition we didn't want to have an off day against but well well,they were up for it.it was their cup final they are under thread and unfortunately we gave them an easy day! But for our manager can't be held responsible for an off day,ffs what he's done for us in the last 2 and a bit years is remarkable and his ability should not be questioned! If there is an on going situation where we struggle then perhaps but even then other aspects could be a reason off-form(players) injuries ect. He knows what he's got to work we at Tottenham,he wouldn't have agreed a knew contract? One bad game doesn't make him clueless.......

Travesty of a team? Our worst league placing this decade is 6th and we have only finished outside of that placing once in the last 12 years. He inherited a side that contained the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Erisken Dembele, Rose and Walker so let’s not pretend as if he inherited the Spurs side of the ‘90s. I love how the notion that critiquing of the qualities of our manager somehow results in a poster being a Wum or troll. That such statement can be made on a discussion board.

I don't have a problem with anyone critiquing the qualities of the manager but then do it for good and bad. Just not turning up during the transfer window or after a defeat to wallow when things haven't gone well.

We have so many more ups than downs these days, it is mostly one huge up. We are seeing our team play in a way and compete in a way that most of only dreamed about.

Yes we may have finished in the top 6 a lot during the past 12 years which is great but we have made great progress and you can't even compare a 6th place finish 30-40 points off the top with what we have achieved the last 2 seasons. We have actually competed until the end of the season!

And we will have losses, and we won't always beat teams that we either should or that we beat last season but that's life and football.

I don’t I have posted this consistently over the last 2 years when the club has enjoyed its highest league finishes but nice try with the knee jerk implication . And why on earth would i enjoy this? What is enjoyable about watching a hugely talented side not realising the opportunities in front of it? I simply just cannot understand his blaise approach when it comes to certain tournaments that have defined this club’s history. It is utterly bizarre.
Were you someone else before? You’ve been saying to whom for two years but only been a member since June. Top class BS

Back
Top Bottom