Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plenty of articles on the Mail, covering Walker and Dier's issues handled by Poch. Nothing but respect for our manager!
Fascinating read and insight into Poch but am in the only one worried about how open some of these stories are? Could the players feel it’s too personal and should remain private? (Surely they would be consulted it’s in the book?).

As for the player who sang Jose Mourinho in Jesus Perez’s face laughing after the Chav cup final in 2015, name and shame. Unlikely long moved on but Christ, what a ducking nitemare he had to deal with to turn the club around.

458E361E00000578-0-image-a-209_1508619595005.jpg

Fascinating read and insight into Poch but am in the only one worried about how open some of these stories are? Could the players feel it’s too personal and should remain private? (Surely they would be consulted it’s in the book?).

As for the player who sang Jose Mourinho in Jesus Perez’s face laughing after the Chav cup final in 2015, name and shame. Unlikely long moved on but Christ, what a ducking nitemare he had to deal with to turn the club around.
Surely has to be Adebayor who did this!

I'd guess it was Lennon who didn't like training Mondays and was resistant to the intensive training. He implies it was someone who had been at Spurs long time, so that wouldn't be Adebayor really, but he's the most likely candidate for the Jose Mourinho chant.

Really puzzling of Walker to believe his future was already decided before he had even spoken with his agent.

Walker is a case example of the modern footballer. No desire to fight for his place anymore, all player power and the contract means nothing. Gotta have that high-profile move.

If just half of that is true then I'm happy he's not at our club anymore. Pochettino has done such incredible things at this club.

Absolutely no way it was Aaron Lennon.

I don't think he was ever one of the best trainers and he liked his weekends out on the razzle. There was some rumour I remember of Lennon and Kaboul and others having a bust up with Kane and basically attacking him or something, and there was a kind of mini rebellion against Poch's methods that was put down. Capoue was involved as well I believe. And Lennon was also one of the instigators against Juande Romas' methods.

Lennon was a great servant to the club but I don't think he was ever the most professional of footballers, in terms of training etc.

Really puzzling of Walker to believe his future was already decided before he had even spoken with his agent.

Walker is a case example of the modern footballer. No desire to fight for his place anymore, all player power and the contract means nothing. Gotta have that high-profile move.

If just half of that is true then I'm happy he's not at our club anymore. Pochettino has done such incredible things at this club.

It's just "playing the game" unfortunately. Of course he'd spoken to his agent, and Guardiola at that point and wages had probably already been agreed. We've been doing the same with Berkeley, encouraging him to agitate for a move and not sign a new contract, with the ultimate aim of getting him on the cheap.

It's just "playing the game" unfortunately. Of course he'd spoken to his agent, and Guardiola at that point and wages had probably already been agreed. We've been doing the same with Berkeley, encouraging him to agitate for a move and not sign a new contract, with the ultimate aim of getting him on the cheap.
You're probably right...

I don't think he was ever one of the best trainers and he liked his weekends out on the razzle. There was some rumour I remember of Lennon and Kaboul and others having a bust up with Kane and basically attacking him or something, and there was a kind of mini rebellion against Poch's methods that was put down. Capoue was involved as well I believe. And Lennon was also one of the instigators against Juande Romas' methods.

Lennon was a great servant to the club but I don't think he was ever the most professional of footballers, in terms of training etc.
That may be, but he isn't the type to sing a Jose Mourinho song at Poch.

Wasn't disagreeing with the training bit.

Back
Top Bottom