Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That all sounds really reasonable except we can all see the total and utter shit that eriksen is producing and to be fair dele isn't much better. N'dombele may well be not up to speed but his playing far better than either of those two.

Today I watched a man who refuses to sign a new contract , thus costing the club upwards of 60 million contribute absolutely nothing going forward and was just as bad defensively and yet somehow the debate is whether our new star signing who has been getting better and better is match fit?

I have been defending poch like crazy but today he got it wrong . Not good enough, his acting in a really curious manner , the same way managers often do when they're coming to the end .

I hope I'm wrong. I hope next week we start with a young, hungry team and show a similar sort of passion, aggression and positivity as we did against red star but the indications aren't good.
Ndombele is blowing out of his arse by 60mis, almost everyone has noticed this. He's not been that good when asked to defend, almost everyone has noticed this. Why the fuck would you put him into an environment that will play directly to his current weaknesses, when you can put him into an environment that will play to his strengths? I simply do not get the logic at all.

Ndombele is blowing out of his arse by 60mis, almost everyone has noticed this. He's not been that good when asked to defend, almost everyone has noticed this. Why the fuck would you put him into an environment that will play directly to his current weaknesses, when you can put him into an environment that will play to his strengths? I simply do not get the logic at all.

So what exactly about that environment suited eriksens or deles strengths?

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 One of Poch’s biggest weaknesses is his inability to integrate new players - over a season or over 90 minutes. It’s the reason we still have 7 starters from 5 years ago and the reason why his substitutions are so unfathomable at times - he’s so uncomfortable doing it. Perhaps that’s why, when reportedly he had money to spend last summer, he chose not to? I think he sees new players as a massive ballache, and comes up with these daft reasons for not playing them. I also think the job has got too big for him.

I'm not talking about Dele or Eriksen. I've been talking about Ndombele and not playing him until latter in the game.

You saying that n'dombele couldn't play due to hit fitness and strengths. I'm saying whilst you make a fair point the two players I mentioned are in the worst form of their lives and one is fucking off soon so playing n'dombele than either couldn't have been much worse.

For what it's worth I would have played the same team as Wednesday except dier for dele with n'dombele going forward. Why change a team that's finally hit some form? But that's by the by. Anyone defending the team selection won't convince me because even if the starting 11 was fair game eriksen especially was so bad it's an absolute disgrace he got 80 minutes.

Interesting stat (although haven’t checked). 14 teams with our points tally after 10 games have gone on to be relegated from the PL. That’s to say nothing of our dire form in the last three months of last season.

Seriously, we are proper shit at the moment.

We’ve picked up 23 points from our last 22 league games - 6 wins 5 draws 11 losses. 6 wins all at home to Crystal Palace (x2), Brighton, relegated Huddersfield, Aston Villa and Southampton.

That is appalling form, relegation form. If you get tonked 3-0 at a Brighton side who will possibly be relegated and need a controversial late equalizer at home to save a point against bottom of the table Watford, you’re in deep trouble.

Don’t like look of next three Everton (a) Sheffield United (h) Spammers (a). We could well be in relegation places after those three.

The problem is that almost every fan that I know scream when the line up was published .. so way is that ? Poch smarter then all of us ? ..

I was so optimistic after the CL game when everyone was running doing there best attecking the ball .. I even put money on us to win , and of course after seeing the line up I felt stupid:memeokay::nawty:

We could try attacking? Everyone knew what we’d do after the early goal.
We were fine for the first 20mins or so, they didn't have a single effort in that time.

I'm not 100% sure what the difference was for the other 20 or so mins. Was it us not doing something or LFC doing something different. We clearly were getting deeper and deeper, although the general shape was the same. In the first 20mins we looked very organised, Aurier was tucked in very narrow and not getting drawn out to Robertson, this was left to Eriksen and or Sissoko (we mirrored this on the other side too with Son and Dele dealing with the threat of TAA and Rose was tucked in).

Where LFC started to take the game back was I *think* Son started to move inside which gave TAA more space and Eriksen/Sissoko did a similar thing on the right but hard to tell if that was us or them (maybe both) I'd need to rewatch, but feel with both TAA and Roberson getting passed the midfield this meant our FB's might have been pulled out of shape to meet them????

We've played very well on the counter against arguably better sides than us in the last couple of years and we've won. It was our gameplay to play this way, that was clear. Whether this was the case before we scored I've no idea. It's funny but when we were playing shit hot sexy football and we would play Liverpool at Anfield our entire fanbase was screaming for Poch to play conservatively and put 10 behind the ball.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 One of Poch’s biggest weaknesses is his inability to integrate new players - over a season or over 90 minutes. It’s the reason we still have 7 starters from 5 years ago and the reason why his substitutions are so unfathomable at times - he’s so uncomfortable doing it. Perhaps that’s why, when reportedly he had money to spend last summer, he chose not to? I think he sees new players as a massive ballache, and comes up with these daft reasons for not playing them. I also think the job has got too big for him.

And in Poch’s defence, he’s clearly a very loyal fellow. He will defend ‘his’ players to his last breath. The problem is, as you say, he has no ability to trust or integrate anyone outside that core group.

I honestly think Moura sums up the problems with Poch. I’m not pretending Moura is perfect - his first touch can be poor and maybe he didn’t track back enough initially - but he could be SUCH an asset if used properly. We could build a Plan B or C around him, and he would flourish.

But Poch can’t do that. He’s not flexible enough. Real pity.

Back
Top Bottom