Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So he shouldn't be admitting it but he should be explaining why?

If he doesn’t admit it, he doesn’t have to explain anything.

His press conferences are annoying. He veers from effusive praise to unnecessary criticism. When a manager is calling out the commitment of players, you have a problem.

If he doesn’t admit it, he doesn’t have to explain anything.

His press conferences are annoying. He veers from effusive praise to unnecessary criticism. When a manager is calling out the commitment of players, you have a problem.
But if people can see there's a problem, he'll get shit for not admitting it...

Especially as it clearly didn’t work in the NLD

He was like a fish out of water

Lessons should have been learned then
But here's the problem.

Jan looks all over the place. People are letting a clean sheet against a very poor Palace team cloud the fact he was shocking against Woolwich and worse against Olympiacos. Add to this the fact that Toby and Dav can't play together (I've got into this many times, Toby is a problem not because of his physical defending, but his lack of leadership, reaction and general decision making), there seems to be a culture of ball watching developing in our defence, and the defence and midfield seemingly doing their own thing rather than working as a unit.

But here's the problem.

Jan looks all over the place. People are letting a clean sheet against a very poor Palace team cloud the fact he was shocking against Woolwich and worse against Olympiacos. Add to this the fact that Toby and Dav can't play together (I've got into this many times, Toby is a problem not because of his physical defending, but his lack of leadership, reaction and general decision making), there seems to be a culture of ball watching developing in our defence, and the defence and midfield seemingly doing their own thing rather than working as a unit.

The ball watching you refer to clearly evident in the Scum’s second goal

Getting to the point where I feel soon we´ll either need a new squad or a new manager.....

Sorry Poch but I dont see our problems going away with new players. Its beyond signings now

DOF?

And Poch ‘persuaded’ to work with it as, after all, he’s said that signings are nothing to do with him

Getting to the point where I feel soon we´ll either need a new squad or a new manager.....

Sorry Poch but I dont see our problems going away with new players. Its beyond signings now
You could be right. Early days in the season but there's a real feeling of malaise with too many players in a comfort zone. Thought we'd turned a corner after Palace but they reverted back to type last night. Hmmm...

You could be right. Early days in the season but there's a real feeling of malaise with too many players in a comfort zone. Thought we'd turned a corner after Palace but they reverted back to type last night. Hmmm...

Listening to Talkshite last night with Jason Cunty saying that we’re the ‘nearly ‘ team

Twat

The scoreline really flattered us. We only had 5 shots on target, an xG of 1.05 (we managed 1.26 against Newcastle). First goal came from a long ball over the top, second goal was an OG, third and fourth were from counter-attacks where Palace had overcommitted.

He lost his mojo, can't see that promising manager from the first years now, he's a poor tactician with a poor decision making, can't motivate the players, can't fix the teams problems, has his favourits and apparently have given up his philosophy. But what is worse, he seems unable to learn with his mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom