Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought English media was quite bad at times until I ran into Italian media. This barrage of Poch to Juve non sense and how persistent they are about it is rather impressive.

"I don't have any objectives beyond Tottenham"

Funny how the press haven't run with this line from a 25 minute interview with Juanma Castaño at the training ground for COPE Radio in Spain. It's a great interview, Castaño is a very well respected journo and his El Partidazo radio show the most listened to Sports programme in the country, along with the equally good El Larguero on SER Radio. If you've ever taken a taxi in the evening in Spain you'll have heard one or the other.

Here's a link if you can understand Spanish, there are no great revelations but it's a really nice chat between the two, as well as briefly with Jesús, Miki, Toni and MP's son Sebastián at the end. Seb reveals he calls his dad Gaffer, even at home

I don't let myself dream long-term

Wonder how the "Poch has hidden meaning in everything he says" conspiracy boys are going to spin this one?

'This training ground and the new stadium, which is the best in the world, there is no better club.

'And then it's in London, there's no better city, it's England, it's the Premier League – the toughest and most exciting league.

'We need to make that step and of course we realise we can continue in this process and we can put Tottenham with the best teams in the world.

'There's still a lot of work to do, but of course I am so motivated to stay with Tottenham and provide Tottenham with what they deserve.'

Can't wait to see what's planned for after we win the CL ... it's going to be huge !!!!!!

I'm in this boat too, Mrs. P.

With the extra caveat that if Poch brings home the Gary-Linekar-looking trophy, he can do whatever the fuck* he wants any still be a hero in my eyes.

* with the exception of managing Woolwich.

Even without that trophy, he would be forever a hero to me. For how far he's taken us against the odds, CL trophy or not, combined with his personality. That Frank Skinner story posted a few days ago, which is just another in a long line of them, showing that he doesn't talk but walks the walk, when he's going on about making the WHOLE club one big family. Doing that while also changing the ethos of the club, to get rid of the Spursy and get a winning mentality, is some feat.

No matter what happens from here in, he's a absolute legend of a manager and as much of a man.

Wonder how the "Poch has hidden meaning in everything he says" conspiracy boys are going to spin this one?

Can't wait to see what's planned for after we win the CL ... it's going to be huge !!!!!!

It's an exciting time to be a fan if one can find it in them to put down the doom-goggles.

Back
Top Bottom