Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This man has got Tottenham Hotspur Football Club into the champions league semi finals on a shoe string budget.

Unbelievable

The lineups during the critical stretch of the game where we held them off

City

34.9M

45M, 6M, 57M, 52M

20M, 30M, 54.5M

44M, 31.5M, 43.5M

Spurs

12M

3.5M, 10M, 11.5M, Player Swap, 1M

5M, 11M

22M, 12M, 11M

Not Kompany's best night either, if Pep had gone full plastic they probably would have won. :pochlol:

The lineups during the critical stretch of the game where we held them off

City

34.9M

45M, 6M, 57M, 52M

20M, 30M, 54.5M

44M, 31.5M, 43.5M

Spurs

12M

3.5M, 10M, 11.5M, Player Swap, 1M

5M, 11M

22M, 12M, 11M

Not Kompany's best night either, if Pep had gone full plastic they probably would have won. :pochlol:

I really don’t understand this because none of our players are worth that. Eriksen, Son and Ali are worth over £100 million, Kane has he played would push £200 million. This plucky little Tottenham mentality that so many of supporters have is so damaging.

I really don’t understand this because none of our players are worth that. Eriksen, Son and Ali are worth over £100 million, Kane has he played would push £200 million. This plucky little Tottenham mentality that so many of supporters have is so damaging.
It’s what they were signed for. Thought it was pretty easy to understand.....

I know ‘Nando got the goal that out us through, but think Poch dodged a bullet with that sub tonight. Completely slowed our attack down and didn’t give us an effective out ball from defence.

Worked though!

It’s what they were signed for. Thought it was pretty easy to understand.....

But what does that serve exactly? They are not worth that now. United didn’t pay anything for Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Neville. It’s best that measure the players by what they are worth now otherwise we will always live in this ‘ oh look at us overachieving given the money we have spent mentality. We have one of the best squads in the league.

I am not of that mindset, but the point is that City had the pick of the litter of global football all throughout the 18 and in the coaching box, and Mauricio Pochettino has come to a Spurs that were even "plucky" only on their best days and has created a monster capable of defeating that flawless empire with a makeshift lineup held together with duct tape.

Dele Alli was playing out of position in the middle of the park with a broken hand!

But what does that serve exactly? They are not worth that now. United didn’t pay anything for Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Neville. It’s best that measure the players they have and what they are worth now otherwise we will always live in this ‘ oh look at us overachieving given the money we have spent mentality. We have one of the best squads in the league.
Apologies. You said you didn’t understand, so I explained it. But you did understand. Strange.

We do overachieve given the money we spend. Massively. Do you not understand that? Or do you? I’m losing the will.

I am not of that mindset, but the point is that City had the pick of the litter of global football all throughout the 18 and in the coaching box, and Mauricio Pochettino has come to a Spurs that were even "plucky" only on their best days and has created a monster capable of defeating that flawless empire with a makeshift lineup held together with duct tape.

Dele Alli was playing out of position in the middle of the park with a broken hand!

We were good to enough to beat some of the games best sides under Redknapp - we just have greater scope now because we have better players. Let’s not get head ourselves here - tonight was amazing but this team still needs to win something and it needs to do it fast because time is running out.

Apologies. You said you didn’t understand, so I explained it. But you did understand. Strange.

We do overachieve given the money we spend. Massively. Do you not understand that? Or do you? I’m losing the will.

We are not because effective scouting can produce elite teams. With the players we have we are not overachieving - that’s my point and drawing attention to their purchase price is largely pointless.

You are talking theoreticals. Those numbers aren't real. In reality we are nowhere near a team like City's. And what we have achieved tonight is immense.

You are talking theoreticals. Those numbers aren't real. In reality we are nowhere near a team like City's. And what we have achieved tonight is immense.

Look at the total league points amassed in the last 4 years and we are only second to City so the notion that we are no where near them give the players we have is quite absurd.

Look at the total league points amassed in the last 4 years and we are only second to City so the notion that we are no where near them give the players we have is quite absurd.
Because we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are outperforming. That's why Poch is so desired by other clubs.

Because we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are outperforming. That's why Poch is so desired by other clubs.

I just don’t get this need to run down our players and squad all the time and then make claims about other clubs when there has never been an official move. It’s sad that when we have the likes of Kane, Ali, Erisken, Son, Alderwield, Vertonghen that somehow we are undeserving of a seat at the top table.

I just don’t get this need to run down our players and squad all the time and then make claims about other clubs when there has never been an official move. It’s sad that when we have the likes of Kane, Ali, Erisken, Son, Alderwield, Vertonghen that somehow we are undeserving of a seat at the top table.
Who said we are undeserving? On paper we are inferior, but we are earning our place with hard work, grit, team work and belief, not by buying our way to the top through blatant financial doping. That's the point. Yes we have good players too, but many of them are playing above themselves in this team. It's not putting them down, it's recognising their effort and the coaching of Poch.

Back
Top Bottom