Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“People sometimes say that Tottenham is like Liverpool. In what? Yes, we are going to be better than Liverpool, because we have a better stadium and a better training ground, but it’s another thing to compete [with them] as we need to operate, maybe, similar to them in the future or not.”

I hope that includes taking the responsibility for recruiting players out of his piss poor judgement and giving it to a proper scouting and analytics team like they have at Liverpool.

And Liverpool were greatly helped in that spending by selling what was perceived to be their best player at the time for 135m, something Poch hasn't had to suffer in 5 years.

“People sometimes say that Tottenham is like Liverpool. In what? Yes, we are going to be better than Liverpool, because we have a better stadium and a better training ground, but it’s another thing to compete [with them] as we need to operate, maybe, similar to them in the future or not.”

I hope that includes taking the responsibility for recruiting players out of his piss poor judgement and giving it to a proper scouting and analytics team like they have at Liverpool.

And Liverpool were greatly helped in that spending by selling what was perceived to be their best player at the time for 135m, something Poch hasn't had to suffer in 5 years.

Barcelona spent £50m-£60m more on Coutinho than he should have cost them. They hit a goldmine with selling him, doubled up with the astute signings of Mane (who Pochettino for all of his so called piss poor judgement you mention, wanted to sign and just missed out on) & the bargain of Salah.

I agree that we need to take it up a notch when it comes to our signings but if Pochettino is made to sell players for £50m and made to replace them with players half the value, it's a difficult task unless a scouting network is shrewd enough.

The club financially & within its recruitment processes needs to match the infrastructure put in place or it'll all become a needless novelty. I loved our signing of Foyth for example. A few more of those mixed with affordable gems would do me a treat.

Barcelona spent £50m-£60m more on Coutinho than he should have cost them. They hit a goldmine with selling him, doubled up with the astute signings of Mane (who Pochettino for all of his so called piss poor judgement you mention, wanted to sign and just missed out on) & the bargain of Salah.

I agree that we need to take it up a notch when it comes to our signings but if Pochettino is made to sell players for £50m and made to replace them with players half the value, it's a difficult task unless a scouting network is shrewd enough.

The club financially & within its recruitment processes needs to match the infrastructure put in place or it'll all become a needless novelty. I loved our signing of Foyth for example. A few more of those mixed with affordable gems would do me a treat.

It's that process that needs overhauling IMO.

It's not just about scouting, it's about having the right structure to take advantage of that scouting, a DOF overseeing the process, and good analytics supporting that scouting and then a good coach to coach the players. At the moment, we have a good coach doing all/some those jobs.

“Taken Tottenham as far as he can” imo no he hasn’t this season has been disappointing for what ever reason but it’s the only blip (hopefully) in the time he’s been at the helm and the lack of investment is probably a major factor but as he’s said and the majority know it’s a marathon not a sprint he should get at least two transfer windows to make adjustments then see,not at the end of a season with upheaval and inconsistency
So we've 'fought off' Madrid and Manu ; now it's Juve etc; who fucking next - Crawley Town?

Lingard.
Rashford.
Pereira.
McTominay.
Evans.
Januzaj.
Welbeck.
Cleverley.
Fletcher.
Gibson.
Macheda.
Tuanzebe.

Probably more. No idea. Those came off the top of my head. Solsjkaer is already giving youth players game time in Chong and Gomes.

I'd prefer they give him the job.

The Macheda meteor. 10 years have passed since the goal at Aston Villa. Yet another example of promise with physical, technical means but without the right head. Today he plays at Panathinaikos

I have to thank BF3 for starting the Questioning Pochettino thread....It's kept that Hood cunt from polluting this one...
Technically, Bardi Bardi started it by posting an article. I was just the first to reply. The new forum just removes the article post for some reason.

But fair enough.

:adethumbup:

Never knew Mauricio was in a boysband :pocheyes:
bUvJIma.jpg

Does Ossie Wembley seriously think that Man U have ended up with the better manager in Solskjaer? Now that is ‘absurd’. It’s a disastrous appointment for them as will be borne out.
It absolutely isn't nor can you claim that for a fact even if it was

I never claimed it for a fact you illiterate stroker, but do you still think he’s going to rip it up at Utd? Your ignorance is all consuming.

What are you designing today? A pond at the bottom of your bed? Ahh, life is good.

See you tonight Arcliar.

What a god amongst men. I still think some of us here don't quite understand what he has done and continues to do for this club, given the limitations we have. He is lifting us to Valhalla.

Back
Top Bottom