Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea’s squad is fucking toilet mate.

Outside their first 11 what’s left?

I suppose squad wasn't the right word to use. Resources would have been better. The point I was making was to a post someone put up saying about Poch taking the cups more seriously and how winning to a winner means competing on all fronts, which simply isn't the case when you look at the teams Chelsea and City have put out in the early rounds of the cups.

They've played the likes of Christensen, Ampadu, Loftus-Cheek etc where we've also gone with the backup players like the Skipps, Walker-Peters etc. The point I was making but maybe veered off slightly was that that poster saying Poch was poor playing his 2nd string sometimes because the big clubs didn't was wide of the mark. The resources both teams play in in the final yesterday have are far more vast than ours so I was trying to highlight that a) they did rotate and b) they have the likes of Loftus-Cheek & Hudson-Odoi where we sometimes on occasions have had to fall back on the likes of Skipp, Walker-Peters & NKoudou etc

Interesting to see what happens, I suspect he'll not contest it and get a touchline ban. What makes it interesting is Dean's roll in it all, he definitely said something for both Perez and Poch to react (Poch asking Dean to repeat what he said to the camera and Perez saying repeatedly "you can't say that"), why would the FA drop Dean for the Chelsea game where he was due to be the 4th official?

Whatever happens, it's no biggie as it's one of the most idiotic "bans" in football as it means he will be in the stands where he will have a better view of what is going on than sat on the touchline, hey ho.

Interesting to see what happens, I suspect he'll not contest it and get a touchline ban. What makes it interesting is Dean's roll in it all, he definitely said something for both Perez and Poch to react (Poch asking Dean to repeat what he said to the camera and Perez saying repeatedly "you can't say that"), why would the FA drop Dean for the Chelsea game where he was due to be the 4th official?

Whatever happens, it's no biggie as it's one of the most idiotic "bans" in football as it means he will be in the stands where he will have a better view of what is going on than sat on the touchline, hey ho.

I think maybe there is precedent for refs being taken off games where the manager has a charge hanging over them.

Yeah - whilst investigation is going on, he can't officiate.

Surely it has to come out what Dean said?If they are investigating the matter,then the cause of it should be looked into as well.

I don't think so, the charge is only made after the ref's report is received.......he's not going to stitch himself up

It's up to us / Poch to fight our corner or not, problem is accepting the charge will just be a fine instead of a ban......so we won't.

Last edited:
He needs to go Public and announce what Dean said.

Surely it has to come out what Dean said?If they are investigating the matter,then the cause of it should be looked into as well.
Thing is, in a court of law, you'd HAVE to hear both sides of the argument to make a reasoned judgement on who was to blame. Why is football any different?

Yes, Poch over reacted... but to WHAT? He was pissed off about the (non) corner, as well he might... but even he must've realised we got an equally lucky break with the Rose throw in that led to the goal...
Whatever was said by Dean was separate from that... and if he DID say anything that would question his loyalty/bias/ability to Ref another game involving us fairly, then surely they should throw the book at him.

Refs HAVE to be impartial, not have a vested interest in the outcome...

I can understand that football pundits can be skewed, or biased, based mainly on who they played for/support... but THEY can't directly affect the outcome of a game, they merely comment on it!

Refs have to be 100% impartial, or else what's the point??

Dean is a massive Cunt, that there is no arguing, but his performance saturday was nowhere near as bad as Oliver against Leicester. That is the single worst performance I have seen from a ref EVER.. Booking Son for diving on what was a clear penalty, giving Leicester a pen for the softest of tackles, not giving us ONE single foul until halfway through the 2nd half..
Now, i'd like to see Dean sandblasted and then covered in salt but if ever a ref needed investigating it's Michael Oliver.

Should have just decked Dean.

Worth postponing the decision to appeal/accept it until Thursday just so that Poch can be on the touchline against Chelsea?

Depends on the number of matches he could get a ban for:

> Chelsea (A)
> Woolwich (H)
> Southampton (A)
> Liverpool (A)

If it's a three-match ban then I guess you'd rather have it now than miss him against Liverpool.

Thing is, in a court of law, you'd HAVE to hear both sides of the argument to make a reasoned judgement on who was to blame. Why is football any different?
Was about to post this.
We live in a democracy with laws and freedom of speech.

Footballers are not employed by the FA so it should be completely illegal for them to hand out fines and bans for managers saying they thought a decision was a complete joke etc

Poch has an argument, he made no threats, didn’t touch him and has said nothing about Deans incompetence publicly.

FA need to held accountable, cunts making up laws as they please and handing out no punishments for their dog shit refs and linos fucking matches up every week

Worth postponing the decision to appeal/accept it until Thursday just so that Poch can be on the touchline against Chelsea?

Depends on the number of matches he could get a ban for:

> Chelsea (A)
> Woolwich (H)
> Southampton (A)
> Liverpool (A)

If it's a three-match ban then I guess you'd rather have it now than miss him against Liverpool.
It won’t affect us.

Has it ever affected anyone?

Back
Top Bottom