Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A very thoughtful and insightful interview. And one from which we can ALL take some much needed encouragement for the future .

He started out by clarifying his position that winning a domestic trophy holds little value to him.
This is a policy clearly handed down from the board as no manager covets a lack of silverware on his CV. He says so himself.
Considering we're still seemingly a long way off winning the Pl or UCL I still find these comments disappointing , as do many more.

I was very encouraged by his comments about wanting to be with us till the end. Although somewhat obscure, it did suggest commitment and also sounded like a big FUCK YOU to Man Utd.
Yes, I liked that bit very much.
One slight concern though. I don't want him to become so comfortable in his job, aka Arsene Wenger, that the pressure to win doesn't exist. All managers should be under a certain amount of pressure. Its a results business after all.

Regarding his Real Madrid comments......fucking love it.
I've always said we're a massive club. With a massive, fuck-off fanbase.
There's absolutely no reason why the mighty Spurs shouldn't one day dominate English and European football.
For those on here who say we're punching above our weight, be careful what we wish for, we should be thankful to even be on the same pitch as Barcelone etc etc.....this is a big fuck you to all those on here with such a small time mentality .
Nice One Poch.

Still concerned about his comments on signings though.
" a few days ago I was optimistic about signings, today I'm not so optimistic.
Or
"If we don't sign playets, its not because I dont want to sign its because we're not capable of finding a player who can help us.

"
Its difficult to explain to you why we cant sign players"

Once again it's clear he's identified targets but Levy is unwilling to release the funds to make them a reality .
Still a few days left to rectify that, I suppose. We'll see.

Lot's of other points in the interview up for discussion which I'll come back to but in brief, more encouraged with Poch's commitment to the club than I was this morning, but even less encouraged with the likelyhood of the board having the bollocks to give him the backing he deserves.

I agree with about 90% of this.
It is not clear that Levy is unwilling, there could be many reasons why a player doesn't want to sign;
The player wants to move somewhere else.
The player wants guaranteed first team football.
The selling club don't want to sell.
The selling club are looking for silly money i.e. £60m for an 18yr old*
The wages wanted would destroy our wage structure*

it could be any or all of these reasons, which Poch is not going to say as it would lead to further problematic questions.

*Both of these could be used in a "Levy is a tight cunt argument", but wrongly imv.

It is not clear that Levy is unwilling, there could be many reasons why a player doesn't want to sign;

it could be any or all of these reasons, which Poch is not going to say as it would lead to further problematic questions.

*Both of these could be used in a "Levy is a tight cunt argument", but wrongly imv.
Nice post Stevee.
As we only disagree on 10% I guess we're pretty much singing from the same hymn sheet.
It's nice when differing opinions can be argued without venom and malice.
We all support the same team at the end of the day.

You don't support Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. You support a bunch of players who do not currently, never have, and most likely never will play for Tottenham Hotspur Football club. And you will continue moaning on because none of the players you actually like play for the club you claim to like because the chairman you hate doesn't throw around petro dollars like a 13 year old that's just unboxed FM for the first time.

hA318E754

This is why John is not credible...he’s a fraud and what’s worse, is he knows what he’s doing which makes him a manipulative fraud.

Here’s the relevant information from the interview:

You need to start investing in players if you're going to be a big club?

Yes but all in the right time. The club decide to sign or not for different reasons, I think it was better for club to keep our players. I understand everything and I understand a lot of opinions about Pochettino. The most important thing is we decide as a club, every single decision is about the club, we share all the decisions, it is not me that I have £100m to spend or I want to sign or I don’t want to sign, the decision is about about working with the club, with the resources we have, thinking that my view must be different to the chief scout or the chairman but at the same time I need to take best decision for the club, for our fans, watching the big picture, not only today and tomorrow. That is my responsibility as a manager. If we don't sign it is not because I don't want to sign it’s because we are not capable to find player that will help us.

So it's not a lack of money?

I don't know .. it’s an easy answer, because Tottenham we have plenty of opportunity to sign, for different reasons it is difficult to explain to you that we can’t sign, not because we don't want.

From this entire passage, John quotes:

"If we don't sign playets, its not because I dont want to sign its because we're not capable of finding a player who can help us.

"

Why has he cut off the part at the end of the sentence which says “not because we don’t want”?
And then somehow those quotes are clear that Levy won’t release funds?

His tactics are scum. You don’t cut off quotes and manipulate text. It’s just a big no no, unless you have no scruples or self dignity.

I’m going to. I’ll leave with this parting shot, you’re a fucking bore who constantly slags off and bitches about the team he claims to support. This is a forum for Spurs fans, try pretending that you are one. You’re either a troll or just a twat.

Bye then.

It's not rely been a pleasure but lets hope for a win manana.

One day you might recognise support comes in many flavours.

As a Tottenham fan I’ve never had as much confidence in a manager as I have in Pochettino and he’s opened my eyes in regards how football works not just on the field where eleven guys kick a ball about and try and beat another eleven guys but in how it’s achieved and it’s not all about winning! His views on cup competitions the Janssen situation and how you don’t just buy a player for the sake of it you buy the right player the one that suits him and his team. We’ve a transfer thread and basically it’s 300 odd pages of drivel! cos not one player mentioned on there would turn his head if he wasn’t right for him, what he’s done so far has worked who are we to argue what do we know? Long may it continue and besides, for the ones who don’t believe in him what’s the alternative.....Mourinho,Rogers,Fat Sam fuck off

This is why John is not credible...he’s a fraud and what’s worse, is he knows what he’s doing which makes him a manipulative fraud.

Here’s the relevant information from the interview:

You need to start investing in players if you're going to be a big club?

Yes but all in the right time. The club decide to sign or not for different reasons, I think it was better for club to keep our players. I understand everything and I understand a lot of opinions about Pochettino. The most important thing is we decide as a club, every single decision is about the club, we share all the decisions, it is not me that I have £100m to spend or I want to sign or I don’t want to sign, the decision is about about working with the club, with the resources we have, thinking that my view must be different to the chief scout or the chairman but at the same time I need to take best decision for the club, for our fans, watching the big picture, not only today and tomorrow. That is my responsibility as a manager. If we don't sign it is not because I don't want to sign it’s because we are not capable to find player that will help us.

So it's not a lack of money?

I don't know .. it’s an easy answer, because Tottenham we have plenty of opportunity to sign, for different reasons it is difficult to explain to you that we can’t sign, not because we don't want.

From this entire passage, John quotes:

"

Why has he cut off the part at the end of the sentence which says “not because we don’t want”?
And then somehow those quotes are clear that Levy won’t release funds?

His tactics are scum. You don’t cut off quotes and manipulate text. It’s just a big no no, unless you have no scruples or self dignity.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom