Match Thread: Wolves (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to focus on being 3 points off top, not being ahead of Woolwich.

Nonetheless you're right, very heady times! :)

Big game!

They are all big games now but with Man City, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool all away coming up, we really do have to win our home games.....and we should do.

I'd be doing this.

th_ace_ventura.gif

Sibs said:
SpursUltra said:
Can see what you are saying Windy and was nice to see Livermore getting some praise on twitter last night, although people sitting around me are still on his case.

Show them this

eVmrz.jpg

If I thought it would do any good I would, same people spent the match moaning we don't shoot, too busy trying to pass it into the net etc etc.

Pav comes on, gets a good chance right in front of us, so tries a shot which is blocked.
Straight away, "he should have squared that, he should have put it in the middle"

Some people are fucking idiots.

One of the fixtures i hate, always feels like our injury list is about to double when we face Thick Micks merry band of cloggers.

Sure we'll pull through with the points though.

I know this should be on the everton thread, but is our forward line becoming unplayable?

Ex-Aresnal front man was double marked all game and this allow VDV, Bale and Lennon to run where ever they wanted to and they were bricking them sevles all game.

Mick must be having nightmares about Saturday.

SpursUltra said:
Pav comes on, gets a good chance right in front of us, so tries a shot which is blocked.
Straight away, "he should have squared that, he should have put it in the middle"

To be fair, I thought the exact same thing, there were two waiting in the middle.

As much as I feel sorry for Defoe being left out, match winner against WBA and got the all important first goal against Cheltenham, I have to say it is the right decision. The balance of the side is so much better with Lennon there.

I think it also might have an effect on the City game. Defoe will probably play instead of Ade right, so hopefully he'll be even more hungry to put in a good performance and try stay in the team.

Will be in B&H on Saturday, tweet me or something lads!

ollieXcore said:
SpursUltra said:

To be fair, I thought the exact same thing, there were two waiting in the middle.

At 2-0 up, you get in the box, angle opens up, chance to shoot, your're the best finisher at the club.

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!

If he had of squared it just as many Everton players were there anyway, a shot could have been blocked, and the same people would have been saying "why didn't he shoot, we just want to pass it into the net blah blah blah."

Remember meeting Martin Chivers in an exec lounge at one game, he was saying how taking a shot was something modern players seemed scared to do, but they should all do it a lot more, especially with the modern balls.
It was something Bill Nick had drummed into the players. All it takes is a small deflection to be the difference between 0-0 and 1-0.

Looking at Benny's goal last night how right that man was.

SpursUltra said:
ollieXcore said:
SpursUltra said:

At 2-0 up, you get in the box, angle opens up, chance to shoot, your're the best finisher at the club.

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!

If he had of squared it just as many Everton players were there anyway, a shot could have been blocked, and the same people would have been saying "why didn't he shoot, we just want to pass it into the net blah blah blah."

Remember meeting Martin Chivers in an exec lounge at one game, he was saying how taking a shot was something modern players seemed scared to do, but they should all do it a lot more, especially with the modern balls.
It was something Bill Nick had drummed into the players. All it takes is a small deflection to be the difference between 0-0 and 1-0.

Looking at Benny's goal last night how right that man was.

To be fair, I didn't really think the shot was on for pav, but I can't really be sure of anything with the fucked up angle the stream had last night

Back
Top Bottom