Match Thread: Wolves (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully Ade will be more clinical and bag a hattrick. Got to thump someone soon.

Thelonious said:
no no no, you've got it wrong mate. How many of Europes elite would get into our team? Answer is None! :shades:

Ha-ha my mistake. Lovely thing is teams around us seem to be spending millions on buying success and we've been spending fairly sensibly and buying players that add extra cutting edge to our team and we're still top 4. Love it. Fuck your oil barons and Russian gangsters. We've got Enic!!!!

WindyCOYS said:
If all are fit and able, I'd play the same team regardless of King/Parker returning - they deserve it.

This is exactly it. Livermore and Dawson both deserve spots in the starting line up on saturday after the shifts they put in last night.

I know we've all got an eye on the man city game but it means nothing if we don't get a result on saturday against wolves

Can see what you are saying Windy and was nice to see Livermore getting some praise on twitter last night, although people sitting around me are still on his case.

People forget how little top level experience he has, and for that reason only I would bring in Parker.

Nothing against Livermore, but if Parker is fit he is instrumental in our success this season. Plus Livermore has just played two games in a row with a load of stitches in his mouth. So it's Scotty for me.

Same with Dawson just back from long spell out, if King is fit bring him back in, no point overusing Dawson straight away.

I think we should play king whenever he is fit and not try to save him for a specific game seeing as he can break down at anytime.

Yeah I'd play the same team pretty much again. Sure they all played last night but they had 8 days off before then, and will have another 8 days between the Wolves game and the big one up at Eastlands. I'd probably agree with bringing Parker in if he's fit, but he has to be 100% fit otherwise I wouldn't risk it with City coming up. If we get a couple up, bring on Defoe and Niko/Pienaar for Bale and VDV and rest them for City.

Joint top at 5pm Saturday? Unbelievable thought!

SpursUltra said:
Can see what you are saying Windy and was nice to see Livermore getting some praise on twitter last night, although people sitting around me are still on his case.

Show them this

eVmrz.jpg

He's a hugely valuable squad member, I waxed lyrical on the pod about him this week so felt a bit smug when he played well last night.

Just hoping he doesn't feel he needs to be starting above Parker and Sandro, and just learn from them in training to help improve his own game. Also, he's played at centre-back and right-back. Brilliant versatility as well, just does the simple things. Still very raw but he's Tottenham and I love him.

MUST WIN!!

...but in reality, only 'cos of the opposition. The fact we have... an... 8 ...point... gap... (that CAN'T be right) means that for the first time in a LONG time, the inconceivable notion of dropping some points and watching everyone else around us pick up wins that catapulted them into the top 4, whilst at the same time sending us plummeting down to 17th are beginning to feel like a distant memory...

We need to win 'cos it's Wolves' ...but to even entertain the notion of being joint Top with the feuding Manchester Brothers by Saturday night, is something I can't quite bring myself to do... yet!

Back
Top Bottom