Match thread: panathinaikos vs tottenham (europa league)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dmartins13 said:
Super Jan looked tired. Either that or they had kryptonite in that there stadium

I thought Jan had a decent game, some really nice touches. JD should've put him through on goal at one point.

Still think we should have had a penalty.

This was a game we should have win at a fucking canter. Fuck excuses.

This is a tournament we should be trying to win. Players should not be rested and they should not be tired and they should leave their blood sweat and tears on the pitch in every game.

I'm fucking pig sick of hearing about two games a week being tiring or that playing on Sundays and Thursdays is disruptive. We pay the players anything up to £100k per week and for that kind of wedge, we should expect them to play every fucking day to the best of their abilities, not just when they can be fucked.

And don't get me started on cunts with no ability to use both feet equally as well. For £100k per week, they should be able to twat in thirty yard screamers with their cocks.

Fucking mollicoddled cunts.

I remember an interview with Steve Perryman where he was taking about having to play two games a week. He said that the whole excuse that it's too tiring is bollocks.

Of course the game was different then, but the players nowadays are also much fitter.

Can't blame AVB for picking the team he did, really disappointed by the players.

Reckon AVB left this behind in London.

LO6mR.jpg

Villas-Boas: We tired in the second half :avbshock:

Spurs manager Andre-Villas Boas says his side ran out of energy as they gave up a one-goal lead on Panathinaikos in the second half of their match in Athens.

"We felt the strain physically in the second half and we lost control of the game," Villas-Boas told ITV's Peter Drury. "It's a pity because in the first half it looked like we had the game under control."

The Portuguese also cited the game-changing half-time substitution for Panathinaikos, who introduced the dangerous Ibrahim Sissokho into the fray.

"The number three came on for them Sissokho really changed the game," Villas-Boas said. "He was very creative and created lots of problems for us."

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-10-04/villas-boas-we-tired-in-the-second-half/?

players werent tired, thats a poor excuse. been better if he said he tried to win a game by killing it when we were a goal up against inferior opposition but failed again. perhaps the penny might drop one day cos that second half was negative shit and i dont blame the players.

NO1JIB said:
that second half was negative shit
I disagree. It didn't look negative (parking the bus, etc.). It looked incompetent. Bad movement, bad passing.

Dawson's hoofballs could be considered negative, but he knows no other way.

Éperons said:
NO1JIB said:
that second half was negative shit
I disagree. It didn't look negative (parking the bus, etc.). It looked incompetent. Bad movement, bad passing.

Dawson's hoofballs could be considered negative, but he knows no other way.

strange how we see things, i thought dawsons distribution was worse first half than second [could be wrong as i missed bits] but what i did see appeared to be us sitting back and handing the intiative over to a team who we were far better than, its not the first time this season we've done this and manc utd aside, i dont think we should do this, we should be beating these teams that we've drawn with fairly easily.

NO1JIB said:
i thought dawsons distribution was worse first half than second [could be wrong as i missed bits] but what i did see appeared to be us sitting back and handing the intiative over to a team who we were far better than
tbf, I missed the first half (it was my quarterly phone call with the moms), so I can only speak to the second half. The commentators made a big deal (or was it on Twitter?) about how Panathenaikos had picked up the pace, but we were still on cruise control from the previous half. That may be, but we were also sloppy. I think we could've kept the tempo that we had but been more polished in terms of play, and everything would've ended well, if that makes sense.

That said, this kind of take-your-foot-off-the-gas-and-concede is a feature of Spurs for a while now, and I'm not sure what AVB can do to correct it. (Though I also think not all the goals we've conceded this season late are of that ilk)

S.L.R said:
Agree with the point about sitting back, I don't like seeing us give the opposition all the freedom they need.

Because it has happened in multiple matches I assume it must be a deliberate attempt by AVB when we have a lead to encourage the opposition to make themselves vulnerable to our speed on the counterattack, but it just doesn't seem to be quite clicking.

penpen said:
Because it has happened in multiple matches I assume it must be a deliberate attempt by AVB when we have a lead to encourage the opposition to make themselves vulnerable to our speed on the counterattack, but it just doesn't seem to be quite clicking.
Lots of harsh tweets about Walker tonight. I'm not expert enough to judge whether his *whole season* has been a mess, but this kind of tactic may be a bit too much for him (for now)?

Fucking hell, are you lot really bothered that we only drew away against them instead of winning???!!!

We are going to cruise through the group, it doesn't matter - really not at all.

Back
Top Bottom