Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower said:
sammyspurs said:
Anyone who thinks we cant possibly win, I dont know what you are doing following a sport like football

Anyone who thinks we could win should give up on football, anyone who's lost hope that we might should do the same.

So.........everyone should give up on football.

If you dont think we can can possibly win, then you have given up all hope. What a nonsense comment.

Does your "anyone" in the first line include AVB and the players too? :wall:

I quite enjoy Utd away. There's no pressure on us, we're not expected to win (due to various factors) so anything better than a loss is a bonus!

Dru said:
Unfortunately I think Lawro, the cunt, has hit the nail on the head here for me...

"I still think the Tottenham players are getting used to Villas-Boas's ideas and I don't think he knows his best team, in fact I am convinced he doesn't.

That does not make it a good time to go to Old Trafford and think we might see the Spurs of old here, where they do not make things difficult for sides when they go away from home, and I see a straightforward win for United."

AVB doesn't know his best side. Fergie doesn't know his best side.

MSNSport said:
there is also the potential for Wayne Rooney starting alongside Robin van Persie for the first time, even if Ferguson insists he does not know what his best strike partnership is going to be.

"It is early doors but at the moment I don't know where I am going in the sense of what my best partnership will be," said Ferguson."

And to add to that, both managers are benching their big money goalkeepers... With so many similarities, it makes you wonder why Fergie is considered a managerial master yet AVB is considered a gibbering idiot.

MKYid said:
I quite enjoy Utd away. There's no pressure on us, we're not expected to win (due to various factors) so anything better than a loss is a bonus!
My thoughts exactly.

I'll get the usual pre-game nerves 15 minutes before kick off but this game always feels like anything other then a loss is a bonus.

Cripps14 said:
SadlerTHFC said:
Man United is a rare game where Im not nervous or expecting a win.

BUT, if we do win........[ Image ]

In the lead up to the game I don't expect a win and am trying to be rational, but I know as soon as the game starts I'll be on the edge of my seat praying that we beat those fucking cunts.

This, at 60 mins when it's 0-0 I'll be thinking "Fucking attack, we've got these cunts." Then at full time when we lose 3-0 I'll just be wishing we parked the bus :defoe:

Stanners said:
Cripps14 said:
SadlerTHFC said:
Man United is a rare game where Im not nervous or expecting a win.

BUT, if we do win........[ Image ]

In the lead up to the game I don't expect a win and am trying to be rational, but I know as soon as the game starts I'll be on the edge of my seat praying that we beat those fucking cunts.

This, at 60 mins when it's 0-0 I'll be thinking "Fucking attack, we've got these cunts." Then at full time when we lose 3-0 I'll just be wishing we parked the bus :defoe:
I think I'll be more nervous if we're 2 or 3 nil up at half time. Seen them do us too many times after we start brilliantly.

Just to clarify, when I said I thought Lawro hot the nail on the head, I only meant the bold part - that we dont make it hard enough for teams to play their game against us.

I remember Redknapp saying the same when he joined that you never felt playing against Spurs that they would make it hard for you to play your game - then he brought in Palacios.

I really hope we win so that I can use this gif

palin.gif

Oh well :avblol:

they are vulnerable at the back. we need to exploit these fuckers today cos if its close and they need a goal, we'll give it to them late by sitting back, ref will give them all the time they need and we'll concede the territory.
we get a goal up, get a bit more clinical on the break and we could rump them today.
big pscyhological hurdle at ot but they aint much better than us, if at all. refs and belief is the only difference as i wouldnt swap many of ours for thiers.

NO1JIB said:
they are vulnerable at the back. we need to exploit these fuckers today cos if its close and they need a goal, we'll give it to them late by sitting back, ref will give them all the time they need and we'll concede the territory.
we get a goal up, get a bit more clinical on the break and we could rump them today.
big pscyhological hurdle at ot but they aint much better than us, if at all. refs and belief is the only difference as i wouldnt swap many of ours for thiers.

Same. It used to be that you'd look at Man United's team and wish you had all those players, now not so much. Maybe one or two, but I'm not even sure about them.

Back
Top Bottom