Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AberdeenYid said:
SadlerTHFC said:
Take away Benny's LOL twitter account and he would be just another Jenas.
Ooooooft. Want to join me in my panic room?

If the Scotts had an embassy in London I'd go and protest outside it for your head (al la Libyan style), but has there isn't one I'll have to find a country with some affiliation with Scotland, so I'll pick the USA (its a classic), you'll have blood on your hands Aberdeen.

Don't talk smack about our Benny (praise him) or you will be punished

AberdeenYid said:
Freudlyuchenko said:
Don't start insulting BAE, he is better then Jenas, yes he may be our weak link, though arguably the same could be said for Defoe (if he starts), but BAE is only a weak link due to the quality of our squad, who would you bring in to replace Benny (realistically), Cristico maybe, but I can't think of too many better players than him.
Benny is one of the better LBs out there, but he's not up against much competition is he? It's certainly the hardest position to find quality, by far.

I'm sure we'd all be able to rattle off ten to twenty world class players in every position. Except left back.
It is said a lot, but it really is true that left back is a really weak position right now. Odd because fullbacks are becoming very important in today's game.

^^cliche overload

SanDiegoYiddo said:
AberdeenYid said:
Freudlyuchenko said:
Don't start insulting BAE, he is better then Jenas, yes he may be our weak link, though arguably the same could be said for Defoe (if he starts), but BAE is only a weak link due to the quality of our squad, who would you bring in to replace Benny (realistically), Cristico maybe, but I can't think of too many better players than him.
Benny is one of the better LBs out there, but he's not up against much competition is he? It's certainly the hardest position to find quality, by far.

I'm sure we'd all be able to rattle off ten to twenty world class players in every position. Except left back.
It is said a lot, but it really is true that left back is a really weak position right now. Odd because fullbacks are becoming very important in today's game.

^^cliche overload

I can play wing back, a-blight lethargically,

Freudlyuchenko said:
AberdeenYid said:
SadlerTHFC said:
Take away Benny's LOL twitter account and he would be just another Jenas.
Ooooooft. Want to join me in my panic room?

If the Scotts had an embassy in London I'd go and protest outside it for your head (al la Libyan style), but has there isn't one I'll have to find a country with some affiliation with Scotland, so I'll pick the USA (its a classic), you'll have blood on your hands Aberdeen.

Don't talk smack about our Benny (praise him) or you will be punished
I've got blood on my hands right now. Also have one just like you tied up in the boot of the car. Do your worst.

And it's "Scots". And yes, I'm a pedant.

I hate the crippling sense of inevitability the result of this match has (Home or Away). Is it purely a mental hurdle the team has to overcome? I just get the sense that when we finally break this barren run we'll start to play with more confidence without the weight of recent history on our backs. Their team isn't that much better than ours.

Just a quick note to all those in denial; we won't win.

Draw is the best we can hope for.

-Our back line is still four blokes not a 'unit' yet.
-Van Cuntie and Rooney is probably the fansaty football dream team, and hernandez is no slouch.
-They have strength in depth, even Anderson was starting to look good.
-Paul Scholes is still an annoyingly good player.
-De Gea is starting to look like the keeper he will be in the future.

As much as I want to believe we can win. :dawson:

We won't. :defoe:

It is still not allowed. :klinsmann:

Save yourself the disappointment, concede the fact we will be defeated now, it wont make watching the game less painful but at least you won't have expectations crushed.

On a brighter note; win, lose or draw, Spurs will always have the moral high ground by virtue of not being a owned by a vacuous ginger freak.

2010/11 – Heurelho Gomes mistakenly believes that a free-kick has been awarded after a handball in the box – the keeper subsequently puts the ball down to restart play, only for Luis Nani to opportunistically stroke the ball home into the empty net. Howard Webb claims that he played ‘advantage’ rather than awarding the free-kick, yet fails to explain how an opposing side can score a goal during another team’s ‘advantage period’.

2008/9 – Howard Webb awards Manchester United a penalty after Michael Carrick goes to ground after contact from Heurelho Gomes. At full speed, the Brazilian keeper clearly makes a clean contact on the ball, rendering the impact with Carrick incidental.

2004/5 – Pedro Mendes shoots from 45-yards, and a scrambling Roy Carroll fumbles the ball a full two yards over the goal-line. Neither the referee or the assistant spots it, and play continues.

2007/8 – Wes Brown handles Dimitar Berbatov’s goal-bound shot on the line, nothing is awarded.

2001/2 – Mauricio Taricco concedes one of the softest penalties ever awarded at Old Trafford for a phantom shirt tug. The Argentine is also, mystifyingly, red-carded.

1998/9 – Tim Sherwood is hacked to the floor by Paul Scholes during the build-up to David Beckham’s equaliser; the incident happens right in front of the referee, but play continues.

This ends on Saturday.

SSN just showed Alex Ferguson's pre-match interview.

Apparently Valencia is a doubt for them. Personally I think it would be great if he wasn't able to play, while he may not be their most creative player, he works hard and is a big loss to them. Especially with us having :balelol: and :vert: down the left side.

Thelonious said:
I'm at a wedding so won't see the game, couldn't give a fuck to be honest.

27006d1147626663-o-rly-virus-clever_ruse_big.gif

Back
Top Bottom