Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate this fixture. I'm not gonna be able to watch which means sods law we'll beat the fucks*

*disclaimer: I don't actually think we've got a cat in hells chance of getting a win, would celebrate like we'd won the league if we get a point. Or is that a bit small time Woolwich? :)

red_WHITE&BLUE said:
Well lads, after a very long and fruitful night of highly scientific research (Fifa 13, cope long cut straight, close to a dozen PBR's and 4-5 slices of a philly deluxe pizza) I am now able to post the conclusions of my research:

I was able to play as our Spurs against Man U 7.5 times in an online head to head with the following results:

1. Spurs 2- Man U 1 (OT- away kit)
2. Spurs 2- Manu U 2 (OT-third kit)
3. Spurs 1- Man u 3 (OT- away kit)
4. Spurs 3- Man u 1 (OT - third bad ass motha fucka kit)
5. Spurs 3- Man u 2 (WHL- home kit)
6. Spurs 3- Man u 1 (OT- third kit)
7. Spurs 2- Man u 0 (OT- third kit)

7.5 Spurs 4- Manu 1 (OT- third kit: lil bitch quit the game when goal 4 served as Mr. Dempsey's hat trick (a beautiful crank shot from outside the box....should have been there nearly swallowed my dip))

Now, this empirical data provides valuable insight into our upcoming fixture. Essentially, the third kit is a must as it provides the team with a certain "im gonna drill this ball into the back of the net then stomp your face" mentality...which as we all know, will cause RVP to quiver and Evra to throw a hissy fit. Additionally, our score differential will benefit from this strategic approach to the game.

As far as goal scorers go, out of the 16 goals scored, Dempsey scored 6, Dafoe 5, Bale 3, Ade 1, Lennon 1. While Man U relied only on RVP and Rooney to score goals (having the two up front was quite threatening) HOWEVER! Rooney, if he is to play at all, will not be on the pitch as the same time as RVP, so we have no reason to be concerned by this duo. If our top four of Dafoe, Bale, Demps, and Lennon keep an aggressive edge on the ball, the goals will come, as clearly indicated above. (Notice I did not count the 4 from 7.5, game does not count cause it was over before the half.)

One thing that I cannot stress enough. SIG MUST NOT PLAY IN THIS GAME WHATSOEVER, he simply cannot perform.

Trust the data, its science. Trust me, I'm a doctor. :ledleylick:

Dude, pretty sure the only people on here that understand what cope long cut is are our fellow yanks...at the same time, Siggy is going to be a hell of a player for us in the future...but against Man U, I agree, its Dempsey to start in that role. Enjoy the Cope!

Thankfully i will be at Oktoberfest dressed in lederhosen and drinking litre jugs of beer provided by big titted Bavarian bints, so will miss the usual OT defeat against 12 men. They may not be playing well but they dont lose at home, with Rooney and Van Rapist they will have too much for us i fear.

Stag said:
Thankfully i will be at Oktoberfest dressed in lederhosen and drinking litre jugs of beer provided by big titted Bavarian bints, so will miss the usual OT defeat against 12 men. They may not be playing well but they dont lose at home, with Rooney and Van Rapist they will have too much for us i fear.
This.

But flying to Majorca at the time. Probably land just as we get our third perfectly good goal disallowed.

This is a pretty big game, and Im actually glad we are away, as its the home set up that seems to need the most tweaking.

I just realized that for all the crisis/Lloris/boo boy talk, we are unbeaten since the opener up at Toon in all competitions. Thats six games, with 3 wins.

1 point behind City and The Scum, who are already talking titles after their supposedly amazing start.

There really is all to play for, even at this early stage.

This game is all about the players mentality. Man for man we can't match united but have we got what it takes to play at 100% for the full game. You can be sure Fergie's players won't relax until the final whistle. If we switch off I can see this starting as a early lead and ending in an all too familiar 3-1 type of score

@8colespurs8 said:
I'll be singing for 90+ mins don't you worry!!!

I pray we get a nice slow 'Glory Glory Hallelujah' going for a good amount of time!

There is virtually no point in singing at Old Trafford, the place is so vast that none of their fans will hear you and you never hear them....

Blanchflower said:
@8colespurs8 said:
I'll be singing for 90+ mins don't you worry!!!

I pray we get a nice slow 'Glory Glory Hallelujah' going for a good amount of time!

There is virtually no point in singing at Old Trafford, the place is so vast that none of their fans will hear you and you never hear them....

:avbfacepalm:

Blind_dogs said:
This game is all about the players mentality. Man for man we can't match united but have we got what it takes to play at 100% for the full game. You can be sure Fergie's players won't relax until the final whistle.

Man for Man (based on the team Id like to see vs the team they played against Pool)

Brad................................Lindegaard

Walker........................Rafael

Gallas........................Evans

Dawson.....................Rio

Vertonghen...................Evra (hard to call, but Evra on PL experience, and being settled in his team)

Lennon.....................Valencia

Sandro...............Giggs (he may play Scholes, and for me Sandro still wins it)

Hudd....................Carrick

Bale...................Nani (on current form)

Dembele
..............Kagawa

Defoe..................RVP

SIKE! Of course its Van Persie, giving IMO a pretty even playing field.

As you mentioned the mentality is the massive difference here. Mentality, and Fergie. But like for like, we definately have the beating of them on paper.

sammyspurs said:
Blind_dogs said:
This game is all about the players mentality. Man for man we can't match united but have we got what it takes to play at 100% for the full game. You can be sure Fergie's players won't relax until the final whistle.

Man for Man (based on the team Id like to see vs the team they played against Pool)

Vertonghen...................Evra (hard to call, but Evra on PL experience, and being settled in his team)

Sandro...............Giggs (he may play Scholes, and for me Sandro still wins it)

Dembele
..............Kagawa

As you mentioned the mentality is the massive difference here. Mentality, and Fergie. But like for like, we definately have the beating of them on paper.

I disagree with Rafael and possibly Evra. Evra has been slowly declining for a few seasons now, most United fans I know have wanted a replacement for a while. I would say both sets of fullbacks are about even. Doubt we'll see Dawson instead of Caulker though.

Not sure Hudd will start either.

Raitei said:
sammyspurs said:

Dembele
..............Kagawa

I disagree with Rafael and possibly Evra. Evra has been slowly declining for a few seasons now, most United fans I know have wanted a replacement for a while. I would say both sets of fullbacks are about even. Doubt we'll see Dawson instead of Caulker though.

Not sure Hudd will start either.

Yeah is more of a rough as I doubt AVB will play that line up, and the Utd one is from the Pool game which was away.

Interesting that you think there are two more players we are superior with. Shows how important belief and discipline is.

sammyspurs said:
Blind_dogs said:

Dembele
..............Kagawa

I'd have Valencia over Lennon. He has a FAR superior all round game imo. He will help out to nullify Bale too.
Carrick beats Hudd too for me. Cant see Hudd playing in this, in fact, he wont.

Then there is the like of Rooney to come off the bench for them assuming he doesnt start. RVP always is dangerous as looks that Kagawa chap, Sandro will need to keep an eye on him. Scholes too if he's involved.

We have been far to open in previous season up there IMO. I wonder if that will change?

Blanchflower said:
No one else in the ground can hear it, sounds shit but you can sing all you want and all you achieve is a sore throat.

The atmosphere there is terrible.

So the Utd fans in the very same stand cant hear it? Stop being silly, there was even banter between the Toon and Utd fans last night, and there only about 3 people at the game.

After all the talk these last weeks about atmosphere, you try and debate the uselessness of singing, because the stadium is too big?

Pointless discussion, think what you want, and if you go, dont waste your voice if you dont want to. Not my problem.

Back
Top Bottom