Martin Jol on Spurs (his favourite club) and Ajax and our ex Ajax Players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Snap, I got in late as well.

The atmosphere was unbelievable, so so proud of the manager, the team and the fans that night. Sevilla were a very good side at the time.
they only beat us through that hugely dodgy pen at their place

and they got their police and stewards to beat our travelling fans

I fucking love Martin Jol.

99e9a7d804dec782cf16bee7012847bb.jpg
Yep, for this alone.

I adored the big lug. He got Spurs, understood what the fans wanted. It's a shame how it panned out but I hope he gets an opportunity to come back to the Lane at some point. I'm sure he'll get a great reception.

Preferred him over Arry even if he never got us into the CL.

Harry was obviously great for us too, but BMJ did revitalise us without half the talent Harry had. In hindsight scrapping 4th with King, Modric, Van der Vaart and Bale maybe wasn't the greatest achievement.

By far my favourite manager. The way Levy dealt with his departure is my biggest gripe with Levy. Thought they way we got rid of a guy who did so much for us was disgusting. Glad to hear he still likes us :)

I have an image in my head of Jol applauding our fans as the team won away in some naff league cup game a few days after he became manager. There was something that night that finally felt different that there was a coach that understood the club and he was going to not take the shit anymore. He did well in the days that followed. Horrible record in big games mind and in the end it was a sad parting, but I have a lot of respect for him - Newcastle job interview aside of course.

Queuing up outside and missed the first 15 minutes meant I missed the goal(s?) we conceded that meant we had very little chance of going through... . but still one of my favorite times at the lane.

Snap, I got in late as well.

The atmosphere was unbelievable, so so proud of the manager, the team and the fans that night. Sevilla were a very good side at the time.

BMJ did kinda kick-start the new era...

he certainly brought back the feelgood factor, which for a while there (im thinking the Graham era and Hoddle not quite working out), had almost disappeared!

I adored the big lug. He got Spurs, understood what the fans wanted. It's a shame how it panned out but I hope he gets an opportunity to come back to the Lane at some point. I'm sure he'll get a great reception.

Preferred him over Arry even if he never got us into the CL.

I loved Jol, he really united the team and the fans. Seemed like everyone just wanted to hug him like a favourite uncle. Always thought he could have done much more with some extra cash behind him. Was gutted with the way Levy binned him off at the time.

Harry was obviously great for us too, but BMJ did revitalise us without half the talent Harry had. In hindsight scrapping 4th with King, Modric, Van der Vaart and Bale maybe wasn't the greatest achievement.
When you look at the squad Jol had at the time, and the one Harry had at his disposal, you'd be right on the money there!

Jol & Arnesen would have done wonderful things together.

Jol and Comoli / Levy was never without friction and that’s ultimately where it went wrong. A shame really. BMJ was not backed well when Arnesen left ( cunt )

Back
Top Bottom