Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour was that Shakhtar were raging about this because they're losing their overseas players for free due to the ruling by FIFA that they could cancel their contracts while the war is ongoing.

Yet we've also just announced a friendly with Shakhtar for "the Ukrainian people" in the last week before this transfer.

This smells like Levy doing a deal to tone down criticism of the move.

USE OUR BUDGET ON A 28+ YEAR OLD GENIUS WHO HAS WON EVERY TROPHY GOING AND HAS NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE FOR £100m OR FUCK OFF!

Sounds good, but you missed out the bit where they need to have burgeoning - yet thus far unidentified - ligament issues that are set to plague them for the final years of their career and, needless to say, won't bode well with the additional rigors of the EPL.

One of these days people will get over this Conte thing about Manager vs player signings and realise that club signings can actually be manager picks as well.

The funny thing is most managers actually consider themselves part of the club..... Not ol' Tony though.

The dynamic of his interests were quite different.

I hope it doesn't mean Gill doesn't get a shot, but probably does. Neither would start, but Gill is the better of the two. That said, Solomon has a better shot from distance and that might be something Spurs are looking for. Played himself out of regular minutes at Fulham.
How on earth is Gil better?
How have so many fans convinced themselves that a guy, that has done absolutely nothing to justify a squad space, is anywhere near good enough?
He has to be one of the least promising players we've signed in recent memory. No one had heard of him when he signed. And since then, he's shown nothing. Nothing at all.

As much as I am excited about this signing, this is quite an exaggeration.

Fulham fans and scouts will tell you that Solomon’s passing and decision-making in the final third is poor so he is not nearly the complete player this post makes him out to be.

If he was, he wouldn’t come to us on a free, let’s be real.

Plenty of potential though and I like the signing.

I hope it doesn't mean Gill doesn't get a shot, but probably does. Neither would start, but Gill is the better of the two. That said, Solomon has a better shot from distance and that might be something Spurs are looking for. Played himself out of regular minutes at Fulham.

Gil is the better of the two? You have no idea if thats true or not.

How on earth is Gil better?
How have so many fans convinced themselves that a guy, that has done absolutely nothing to justify a squad space, is anywhere near good enough?
He has to be one of the least promising players we've signed in recent memory. No one had heard of him when he signed. And since then, he's shown nothing. Nothing at all.
I’ve watched Gil at Seville and still don’t see anything that could mean he’ll ever get near our starting line up. Not for me.

I’ve watched Gil at Seville and still don’t see anything that could mean he’ll ever get near our starting line up. Not for me.
It's mind boggling how some fans have created this belief he has a future at Spurs.

He wasn't even good in games against lower league teams in the cups. Sell him back to Spain. Let him go home, as he clearly would rather be in his home country.

Stop this nonsense about him having a future here.

Don't think this signing means anything with regards to Gil.

With Lucas and Danjuma going our back up depth for wings was literally Gil and Richarlison and even then, Richy is really a forward.

Considering he's right footed, I think we could see Solomon as a right winger in Anges formation.

For the last month's? Seasons? IMO..Weve lacked someone with electric pace, time and time again I've watched us sit deep, teams push up and the ball over the top/out wide is on .. but we haven't had the legs to exploit it.. sonny ... Ok of its timed right and he's broken the line and got Infront of the defender... But unfortunately he's not quite got the blistering pace he had under poch.. perhaps this guy fills a void..lets hope so.

The glaring problem for Gil is his end product. He doesn't seem to have the G/As or the burner speed 1v1 skills needed if he's going to play in the front 3.

He's got all the technical ability needed to play behind the front 3 in a #10 role, but not strong enough to play in an #8.

I think his future could be as a deeper lying playmaker if he ever gets stronger/adapts to playing against stronger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom