Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't expect everyone to be happy mate when we're staring down the barrel of 4 successive league defeats......

Having led in all 4

It's never happened in Premier League history and its not the ,kind of record some of us want to see the club smashing....regardless of the style of football
Yes it's alright sticking to principles, but if we continue to keep losing, or get battered, then confidence gone.

Well with Romero and Van de Ven out, we're back to last season aren't we!

We were ridiculously bad in defence, and we are now since the Chelski game! Our defensive back-ups are not of PL quality sadly.
But how can you try to play attacking football with davies and royal at the back? FBs tucked in so no out ball and biss completely off it. Surely we can at least press better? If city can do it why can’t we? We can hardly get the ball out. What we need to do is get the ball out wide quicker like we did when BJ got through. Why we keep trying to play little passes in the middle of the park outside our box. We have given it away so many times.

You can't expect everyone to be happy mate when we're staring down the barrel of 4 successive league defeats......

Having led in all 4

It's never happened in Premier League history and its not the ,kind of record some of us want to see the club smashing....regardless of the style of football
Mate, look at our team...it's not a management issue, it's a depth issue, one that Levy needs to fix.

I understand people are upset with results but it's about having perspective and seeing the bigger picture, I would be just as pissed off if I couldn't see something special happening underneath it all.

Surprised gil is getting so much shit when he's giving 100% and working,getting involved and trying to get us up the pitch when Johnson has done absolutely fuck all again. Bissouma playing so shit again means we're not able to break the press in there like we could if bentancur was playing. Majority out there giving it their all doing all they can barring Johnson and bissouma but it's a tough task. Lucky to come in only 2-1 down.

Best player of the half? I think Porro has more than held his own against Doku.
Worst? Gil. He’s glaringly weak and his “quickness” doesn’t bother Walker in the least. And it’s harsh from me because I think he was absolutely vital in our goal
Worst not being Emerson might be the most generous thing of all time

Also, he says the ‘my team never changes’ line publicly but we’ve dropped our line 10-15 yards today. I’m sure they’ll talk about our high line based on the Chelsea game for the rest of the year.

How are people melting for this game? It’s fucking City and we don’t have a CB, surely you mentally prepared that this was going to be a tough one
like I said in my other post mate, it's an intelligence issue.

Our tactical plan today is laughable, 2 in midfield leaving it all on Royal and Bissouma to break the press and then kick it up to.. whom? Kulu? Gil?
The FBs have hardly touched the ball. Getting tired of saying it the inverted role means they get marked out in midfield. This also leaves Doku or any other wide player so much space. Surely we need to tweak it and say to FBs stay wide?

Back
Top Bottom