Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully we can at least have Lo Celso, Bissouma and Sarr in midfield. Then we can drop Gil and put Deki back on the right.

We will create chances in this fixture as we always do but I just don’t see how Haaland can be controlled by Emerson and Davies.

Hopefully we can at least have Lo Celso, Bissouma and Sarr in midfield. Then we can drop Gil and put Deki back on the right.

We will create chances in this fixture as we always do but I just don’t see how Haaland can be controlled by Emerson and Davies.
What did Gil do last game to deserve the drop? He was one of the best players alongside GLC.

Was he?

His decision making wasn't great.
His decision making has never been his biggest strength. He created enough chaos and chances to warrant another start against City. It can be tough against Walker, but he can definitely bring the game to him.

His decision making has never been his biggest strength. He created enough chaos and chances to warrant another start against City. It can be tough against Walker, but he can definitely bring the game to him.

Gil is the same tricky, balanced, change of direction player that Walker can struggle with. He'd eat Johnson for pace and physicality. I'd also like Johnson going at Gvardiol for pace.

I would swap Bissouma for Bentancur and keep it the same. Deki in the 10 was very cool.

What did Gil do last game to deserve the drop? He was one of the best players alongside GLC.

Asking him to play against Kyle Walker and the rest of City’s huge, powerful defenders is daft.

He wasn’t terrible against Villa but this is not the game for him assuming Bissouma and Sarr are available. We need players who can compete with the opponent.

Kyle Walker will eat him up, it's a physical mis-match.

I am saying they are a similar style of winger and that is the style that Walker struggles with.

Mitoma is better than Gil but also much older and massively overrated. Another moments player that does nothing for weeks.

I mean they're not...

Mitoma has that start/stop technique, he can hold a defender up and quickly burst past him again with a piece of skill, he's arguably the best winger with that kind of close control in this league

Plus he's generally quicker off the mark than Gil

Back
Top Bottom