Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For sure

But forgive me if I’ve lost my sympathy after having our entire team hacked off the pitch all season.
iu

Tough. Agreed he should never have disrespected all of Kane's team mates at the time as his comment was never true.

But he's never going to be allowed to forget it....... especially when we give Mancity a game like we did today - we've got a better record against Mancity than any other team, possibly the reason for his remark which he intended to undermine the Spurs team confidence.

Given that Son has scored more goals against City than Kane has it was a rather strange thing to say.

this feels like if we're capable of a performance like today, where the fuck was it the last 2/3 games?
Thing is, I don't see how anyone who has watched those games can possibly consider them to be similar to each other. The performance against Wolves was pretty awful. The performance against Villa was fantastic, and on the balance of play across the 90+ minutes we should have won it by 3 or more goals - it was just one of those days where nothing quite went for us, you get them. And the game againt Chelsea was, well, a total freak. Before we self-destructed, we were miles the better side, and only millimetres from being 2-0 ahead. So to talk about those 2/3 games as all being similar seems a bit naive / disingenuous.

Ange needs to make a decision on whether to play ticky tack out of your own box or a balls out, throw everyone forward press. Not sure doing both is possible. I’ll take the latter given a choice.

:ange-hmm:

Am I the only person that sees why the ref blew at the end?

I think it's as simple as he didn't see Grealish.

He played advantage, he thought Haaland was the furthest forward and watched him hoof the ball forward so brought it back.

Pretty sure he doesn't take his eyes off Haaland until after he blows.
I actually thought that at the time whilst the commentators were going as apoplectic as Haaland.
If the ref comes out and says that it’s done and dusted. He can’t see everything and I’m sure he was fixated on Haaland rather than seeing Grealish through a bunch of players. It’s a mistake plain and simple but not something he should be castigated for.
Agent Hooper reporting for duty…

:troll:

Last edited:
In the ground now, no business feeling sorry for ourselves.

Let's take our chances and see how it turns out.
Got back home a couple of hours ago.

Told you, if the fans don't believe and cut out the defeatist attitude then how can we ever expect to be even a little successful?

Let's stop thinking we're beaten before we have even walked out onto the pitch. The elite in any profession shouldn't be thinking like that, so why do fans think like that?

Fully believed we could get something from this, I know I was in the minority. I was expecting it to turn out the same way as the chav v citeh 4-4 game and that's what happened.

We did take our chances and seem to be more clinical against this lot than most other teams.

Short turnaround to the next game, let's get back to winning ways and put a run together with back to back home games!

COYS and UTS 💪

Like myself, the ref didn't think Grealish would be on the winning end of that tussle.

Correct call. Would have only been wasting time to let it play out.

Back
Top Bottom