Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have 2 big matches this week against City and both teams cannot play the same 11 in both. Cl comes first and we therefore play the rested players including those injured if fit. therefore 1 enforced change from last week, Moura in for Kane. Hopefully some of the other injuries will be fit for Saturday, (Dier, Lamela and Aurier) I just hope we do not lose both although if we score, we can still get through on away goals which I can see happening.

This is the thing for us.... Freshening up for the weekend (in the areas one would like to) is virtually impossible.

2 draws would be amazing!

City will almost certainly apply constant pressure. Do we start Llorente to help win the long clearances and start the counter? No pace but he’s a big target.

A combo of good out-ball target and pacey breaks should help keep them on their toes (and take a little pressure off us at times):

Sissoko / Winks / +1
Lucas / Llorente / Son

Pack out the CM area when out of possession (knowing we've got 2 men to patrol each flank) and bypass MF altogether on the break.

Last edited:
If Winks is fit:

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Llorente - Son

City will almost certainly apply constant pressure. Do we start Llorente to help win the long clearances and start the counter? No pace but he’s a big target.

Most likely it is going to be Son Nando Moura front or somekind of variation featuring the 3. Llorente had at least 3 good chances I rememder at the goal yesterday which were all on target or near misses including that hitting the post from the Foyth feed. I understand the night and day difference bt Huddersfield and city but if Nando against City converts just one or provide an assist to either Son or Moura? boy I can't wait. It is going to be fucking panic city sweating, shitting and crying all over.

Back
Top Bottom