Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game is all about tactics in my opinion. I expect Pep to tell his players to put a massive shift in and to close us down relentlessly, give us no time on the ball. Our ability to handle that, to play out past them, to pass the ball quickly, and to take our chances is going to be really important. Probably whoever doesn't quite get their tactics right is going to lose this game.

What's wrong with punting it to Llorente. It'll completely bypass their press.

Aguero also went off today and went straight down the tunnel with a physio
giphy.gif

Lloris
Tripps Alde Jan Rose
Son Sissoko Winks Eriksen
Llorente
Lucas

My game plan is to stretch the defence with Lucas on the last man. For me it's all about getting an away goal. We can't defend hoping to keep them out all game.

It might be that Lucas has to move back to left midfield and Eriksen in the middle but Llorente will have to keep the ball up front.
I thought Son was fantastic defensively when helping Tripps, keep him there and let him have a go at whoever their left back is.

Dele on the bench.

Shitty will be pressing early so we should focus on defensive pressure. The longer this game goes on at 0-0 the more they will panic and press forward. Then we hit them on the counter. They can get the equalizer late for 1-1, but we go through.

Back
Top Bottom