Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s one of the reasons I rarely post in match threads. I don’t know about others, but I can’t watch the game, read the thread and type responses all at the same time. Perhaps that’s why we all see a different game?

Agree Joe. I don't even bother reading the match threads on my way back from the game any more, they used to be fun and funny but now they're unbearable. Like Bill says, most of it is just unpleasant.

The biggest blind-side is the analysis-from-watching-the-telly, which Dier seems to suffers the most from - you just don't see the work or the positions off the ball.

It's probably just me being an old git. Most of the rest of TFC is still a laugh.

you just don't see the work or the positions off the ball.

So true. TV watchers think they’re seeing the whole game, but they’re not. There was a massive argument on here a few years back about ‘live’ vs TV and I was astonished at the amount of people who thought TV was the superior viewing platform (I suspect from folks who’d never attended a game).

Amazing that if you live in America, I understand nbcsn shows at least 5 or 6 matches all included in your cable. In England, the spiritual home of the game, you get MotD free.
It’s even better in Canada, I use DAZN and they allow you to have 2-users on the same account, it costs $20 a month so $10 each as I split it with my son, that’s about £6 a month for every PL game and the CL games are included.

Ruined the forum?
I’ve done nothing but back the Spurs manager and players all week.

Some of you little cunts have been royally fucked by this weeks events and you all now have to stand by and applaud all the players you wanted fucked off.
And now you can all pretend none of you said it.

I on the other hand have it just the way I wanted it. New manager, new tactics, new style of play, new energy, wins, players smiling, new stadium rocking. Happy fans.

Im going to bow out on a high, because this place is actually a cesspit. I come here when times are bad to vent....that’s the way it is.
It’s a shit forum with or without me.

Enjoy waiting for a Utd win so you can wank off and say Poch Won 3-0 Up There!!!!!!!!!

TFC actually makes me despise spurs fans.
It shouldn’t be like that.

Enjoy slagging off the club in January

See ya, I’m off to enjoy my club again.
Cunts

Don't come back until you've improved your attitude you obnoxious little bastard

We'll tonk them. Dele will run rings around their midfield. 1-4 to us, I'm that confident.

So true. TV watchers think they’re seeing the whole game, but they’re not. There was a massive argument on here a few years back about ‘live’ vs TV and I was astonished at the amount of people who thought TV was the superior viewing platform (I suspect from folks who’d never attended a game).

TV is great for replays and seeing what really happened in the important moments in a game. Amount of times I get messages from my sister during a Sky game saying that was a penalty, not a foul etc.

But TV really doesn’t give a good indication of the speed/intensity of the game and all the positional play and off the ball work (as someone else has mentioned).
It’s why I prefer a slightly higher view at the ground. Can really see the game play out in front of you that pitch level you struggle with.

So don’t want to offend people who don’t / can’t go to games but you really can’t compare that to watching a game at the stadium in real time.
It’s why journalists / commentators go to games rather than just putting the TV on.

Ruined the forum?
I’ve done nothing but back the Spurs manager and players all week.

Some of you little cunts have been royally fucked by this weeks events and you all now have to stand by and applaud all the players you wanted fucked off.
And now you can all pretend none of you said it.

I on the other hand have it just the way I wanted it. New manager, new tactics, new style of play, new energy, wins, players smiling, new stadium rocking. Happy fans.

Im going to bow out on a high, because this place is actually a cesspit. I come here when times are bad to vent....that’s the way it is.
It’s a shit forum with or without me.

Enjoy waiting for a Utd win so you can wank off and say Poch Won 3-0 Up There!!!!!!!!!

TFC actually makes me despise spurs fans.
It shouldn’t be like that.

Enjoy slagging off the club in January

See ya, I’m off to enjoy my club again.
Cunts
What a prick you are.

TV is great for replays and seeing what really happened in the important moments in a game. Amount of times I get messages from my sister during a Sky game saying that was a penalty, not a foul etc.

But TV really doesn’t give a good indication of the speed/intensity of the game and all the positional play and off the ball work (as someone else has mentioned).
It’s why I prefer a slightly higher view at the ground. Can really see the game play out in front of you that pitch level you struggle with.

So don’t want to offend people who don’t / can’t go to games but you really can’t compare that to watching a game at the stadium in real time.
It’s why journalists / commentators go to games rather than just putting the TV on.

Just like to point out that was me!

I'm glad someone reads my posts :mourglasses:

Thanks spaniel. My view is that we're amongst friends here and if you can't have a rant at them then who can you rant at...but...sometimes you shouldn't otherwise no one takes you seriously and everyone gets fed up with it
He doesnt have rants though he gets personal and speaks as if everything he says is fact-has a superiority complex-app no one else is qualified to support spurs.
I have had him on ignore for weeks and not for the first time - I have never seen someone so hell bent on seeking out cunt offs in my life.
I showed the ignored content to see why the red card and low and behold we are in a cesspit and EVERYONE is a cunt.

Nah mate sorry, stay away and every CUNT on here will have a better forum experience more like.

Yes he did, he always has.

Maybe not to you, but to plenty others. Inventing arguments they never once made and then railing against this straw man. In recent times it has been "You who were wanking off over Jack Grealish...", "You who wanted us to spunk 100 million on Saha". Honestly, there are countless examples. In my case it was "You who want to hound Daniel Levy out of the club" when I'd never said any such thing.

Beyond that, and casting a wider net, one change that the message board/social media age has brought it seems to me is that some people almost seem to support themselves on the internet more than their team if you know what I mean. Where hammering into a keyboard 16 hours a day, 7 days a week becomes more important than enjoying watching us play, even, god forbid, going to the odd game
Totally agree with everything here esp the last paragraph, people want to be seen to be a supporter instead of watching or actively supporting the club-its like sharing pics of holidays to every wanker youve ever met on FB or whatever, you aren't on holiday enjoying yourself, putting the device down and relaxing, you want to show everyone you are on holiday and how class you are.
This incessant need for online cred and attention is vile.

Can only get to a game once or twice every year or so. At best.

TV has become my only option..

Tried watching games down under at ridiculous hours like 2, and 3 am with TFC forum open and can't do it. Only upside for me is that over the past few years my tv's has grown exponentially in size and quality, and now cover 3 rooms.

I do though enjoy the game threads AFTER the game, although getting through some of the cu... offs take time. 😁

Nothing beats being at a game, and the less you are able to experience it, the more you appreciate each visit.

Last edited:
Having watch Spurs over the last few weeks; I expect the tactics by United will be as follows

1. Close down Toby. Don't allow him time on the ball to pass from the back. Try to force the center backs to play side ways to the full backs; keeping them from moving forward.

2. I expect a high press from united to panic our midfield. Dier/Winks (or ndombele) closed down quickly.

3. Don't let Dele be an option. Crowd him out and cut off the passing lanes.

4. Man mark Kane, force him to drop deep to get the ball.

5. With the marking of Kane and Dele; it's likely that Son will have a lot more time on the ball. Full backs to not allow him to cut inside. Force him down the wing.

I think the game will boil down to how capable (and fit) United players are at pressing our defence. If we are allowed to play the ball out and structure our attack; we should win this one. Mourinho will know their players and be well aware of their weaknesses and it will be down to the ability of our lads to execute his plan.

United 0 - 1 Spurs (Eriksen 23)

A predict a narrow win for us. With Jose playing it safe after getting an early goal.

Back
Top Bottom